• Ralph Nader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Bush

• Other(Please Specify in Reply)

• Total voters
sentrido said:
Right Wing Dogma. Your all lucky you have the democrats around the blame everything on. Who are ya gonna blame when the GOP controlls the white house and both houses of congress? Oh wait.
Far Leftist diatribe. Straight from the DNC huh Sentrido? You're not going to be happy until we have all of the failed policies of the welfare state the Democratic party tried to implement in this country. How many trillions of dollars has been spent on those failed policies yet your still out there trying to spend more money on filling the black hole of dispair. If that's what you want fine. Move to France and Germany and let your policies govern there but over here you're going to be fought tooth and nail by those that will point out how clueless those ideals truly are.
Now, pick up the Kerry/Edwards sign and go back to the street corner and wait for those elusive honks. I'll be making up my own mind, like millions of others of us, without influence from the DNC nor the RNC. Hard for you to believe there are free thinkers out here huh?

MrAeroMan said:
It's called truth my friend. It's something you and yours try to skew for your betterment but in the end we all know what's really going on whether you want to admit it or not. Take off those rose colored glasses and you might be able to see that.
You know Mr. Aeroman, truth is a funny thing. While you and the others on the right feel that Michael Moore is nothing but a writer of fiction, a morsel or two of what he says is the unfortunate truth. Those on the hard right with the "Bush can do no wrong" attitude don't seem to admit that those morsels exist.

Then again, though I despise Sean Hannity, every once in a while he drops a morsel of truth on his listeners. But it's no more or less than the morsels that Micheal Moore drops. Those on the hard left miss those morsels.

Then there are some of us who read both sides. Those of us who make it a habit to search for those morsels and sift them from the other then they can form a balanced opinion...one that isn't decided by the elephant or the donkey on the ballot. Bush has made some mistakes. He has told his share of lies to the American public. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that right up to the invasion of Iraq, I had no real problem with Bush. But his actions since then have made me recognize that he is a dangerous man to have in the White House. Call me a bleeding heart, republican hating liberal if you like. I prefer to call myself "informed" - by web sites and publications that aren't sponsored by the RNC or the democratic party.

I can't stand Kerry. Can't stand to look at his face or listen to his voice. I thought from the outset that John Edwards would have been a better choice for the Dems. I listened to him after the fact one morning on the Tim Russett show. I thought, wow, why didn't they Dems choose him.

Now, he is going to be Kerry's boy and it makes me even sicker. Edwards has sold out and Kerry is just using him to try to get the votes.

Furthermore, Mrs. Kerry is definately NO FIRST Lady material.

Unfortunately, Bush has made me quite disappointed. I was all for him after 9-11. He really had my support. Now, it is even difficult to listen to any of the news anymore.

I am not going to be "politically correct". I don't have to. The sooner we put all of those people in graves "over there", the better off this world will be. They are idiots from another planet. Maybe Suddam Hussien had the right idea after all. Who knows!!!!!?????

MrAeroMan said:
Far Leftist diatribe. Straight from the DNC huh Sentrido? You're not going to be happy until we have all of the failed policies of the welfare state the Democratic party tried to implement in this country. How many trillions of dollars has been spent on those failed policies yet your still out there trying to spend more money on filling the black hole of dispair. If that's what you want fine. Move to France and Germany and let your policies govern there but over here you're going to be fought tooth and nail by those that will point out how clueless those ideals truly are.
Now, pick up the Kerry/Edwards sign and go back to the street corner and wait for those elusive honks. I'll be making up my own mind, like millions of others of us, without influence from the DNC nor the RNC. Hard for you to believe there are free thinkers out here huh?
Sorry, There just seem to be a lot of "free thinkers" out there who cant seem to come up with any critisizm of Bush or the GOP. Maybe its my fault for confusing "free thinkers" with independants. Maybe I shoud come over to the other side. It would be nice to always be able to blame everything on the Democrats.Oh, and France too.

sentrido said:
Sorry, There just seem to be a lot of "free thinkers" out there who cant seem to come up with any critisizm of Bush or the GOP. Maybe its my fault for confusing "free thinkers" with independants. Maybe I shoud come over to the other side. It would be nice to always be able to blame everything on the Democrats.Oh, and France too.
There just seem to be a lot of "free thinkers" out there who cant seem to come up with any critisizm of Bush or the GOP
DUDE...DON'T GET ME STARTED.....
lots wrong in both sides.....
dubya still the right way for the counry to go.....(duck and cover)

Ok.
Raise your hand if you think that socialized medacine is the way to go.

Raise your hand if you think that this country is great because of the government and the programs it provides.

Raise your hand if you think that all wealth is not earned but given out to those that are luckier than the others.

Raise your hand if you think that the government has a mandate to re-distribute wealth.

Raise your hand if you still think that there is no connection between Iraq and al-Qaida.

Raise your hand if you think that the economy is not growing, but is still declining.

Ok.

good question. raise your hand if you think giving medicare patients a 15% discount on prescription drugs while at the same time allowing pharmacutical companies to raise the prices of drugs those folks would buy 200%

Raise your hand if you think that this country is great because of the government and the programs it provides.

I have to say that if it weren't for government programs for health care for low income people (those would be the ones who can't afford their share of the $200 to $300 monthly contribution to a company sponsored HMO...where the company puts in an additional $500-600 per month), if there weren't government programs to help first time homebuyers get a loan for their home, if there weren't government programs to provide VETERANS (God Bless GWB, who wants to cut the benefits of those he so highly respects) with health care, education and financial assistance, then this country might not be as great.

Raise your hand if you think that all wealth is not earned but given out to those that are luckier than the others.

Raise your hand if you feel that every CEO deserves multimillion dollar pay packages while they cut staff to "reduce costs"...even if the company he heads still loses money hand over fist.

Raise your hand if you think that the government has a mandate to re-distribute wealth.

Raise your hand if you can name one government program that takes from Bill Gates and gives directly to Joe Blow.

Raise your hand if you still think that there is no connection between Iraq and al-Qaida.

Proud to say my hand is raised for this one

Raise your hand if you think that the economy is not growing, but is still declining.

Raise your hand if you haven't seen one headline of companies cutting staff in the past month. Anyone? Buehler?

KCFlyer said:
good question. raise your hand if you think giving medicare patients a 15% discount on prescription drugs while at the same time allowing pharmacutical companies to raise the prices of drugs those folks would buy 200%

Since when did it become the governments responsability to regulate what a business could chanrge for a product?

I have to say that if it weren't for government programs for health care for low income people (those would be the ones who can't afford their share of the $200 to $300 monthly contribution to a company sponsored HMO...where the company puts in an additional $500-600 per month), if there weren't government programs to help first time homebuyers get a loan for their home, if there weren't government programs to provide VETERANS (God Bless GWB, who wants to cut the benefits of those he so highly respects) with health care, education and financial assistance, then this country might not be as great.

Where do you think that the government gets the money for these programs?

Raise your hand if you feel that every CEO deserves multimillion dollar pay packages while they cut staff to "reduce costs"...even if the company he heads still loses money hand over fist.

If you don't like what a company pays an employee, don't use their product. Put the out of business.

Raise your hand if you can name one government program that takes from Bill Gates and gives directly to Joe Blow.

Ever heard of tax credits.

Proud to say my hand is raised for this one

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A...anguage=printer

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C120137%2C00.html

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=29949
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Publ...03/527uwabl.asp

Raise your hand if you haven't seen one headline of companies cutting staff in the past month. Anyone? Buehler?

http://www.reuters.com/printerFriendlyPopu...storyID=5555716
How about this

FredF said:
Mine's up. Providing a basic level of healthcare to all in the US would serve to reduce costs and increase availability. I've got nothing against permitting people to buy up from there, but the fundamentals should be there.

You bet. The airline industry as we know it today wouldn't have existed without governmental support. Neither would the highway system. Nor would the telephone system. When it comes to infrastructure, nobody does it better, because nobody can.

All? No, but much of it is. Our current President didn't earn his wealth; it was given to him. John Kennedy didn't earn his, either (and Joe Kennedy stole his, though some might consider that to be "earned"). Paris Hilton? Not earned. Ken Lay earned a small fraction of his wealth; he stole the rest.

Mandate? Nope. But there are instances where the government has an obligation to do so. Its job is to maximize utility for the nation, not for each citizen.

Halfway-raised hand. There's a small connection, but far less of one than, say, Saudi Arabia. Did Bush get confused about which middle-eastern nation he was supposed to invade?

Depends on where you sit. The job market is worse now in every respect than it was in 2000. GNP is growing, but the labor influx for higher paying jobs like programming is occurring about 8,000 miles away.

how is building a highway or infrastuctures that businesses use or defending our nation or providing heath care or education "wealth re-distribution"? Show me a company that makes its money without using anything built by tax payer money. Show me an industrie that wasnt subsidiesed at one time either directly or indirectly thru government contracts, loan gauantees, or atrifical monopoly.

Since when did it become the governments responsability to regulate what a business could chanrge for a product?

I would hope that you pray to your God that in your old age you have your health and don't require $600 to $1000 a month for medications. Money like that takes a bit away from the "average" American retiree. And if the government regulation is bad, you might want to keep your retirement money in the stock market well into your 70's and not in some vehicle that is insured by the federal government. Wouldn't be right, would it? And isn't this ironic....most of the folks who made money in the stock market hand over fist did so under a Democrat President? Those who were smart got out of the market after the 2000 election. Those that didn't lost their ass, but the bright side is that Bush lowered their taxes, so they got to keep more of what they didn't lose.

Where do you think that the government gets the money for these programs?

I don't believe that this was your question...your question was "Raise your hand if you think that this country is great because of the government and the programs it provides." My response to that is that without these programs, our country wouldn't be nearly as great as it is.

If you don't like what a company pays an employee, don't use their product. Put the out of business.

Matter of fact, I try to avoid the places that put the employee second to the almighty dollar. Hopefully you are an entreprenuer and don't have to report to a "boss". If you notice, most of the guys who founded a company make relatively paltry salaries compared to the "big cheeses" at most public companies. Check out what Herb Kelleher made at Southwest. Check out what Bill Gates is paid at Microsoft. They took their companies public and made their money off of the performance of the company, not some bogus $20 million dollar salary and bonus.

Ever heard of tax credits.

Ever hear of tax deductions that 99% of the average Americans can't take?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A...anguage=printer

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0%2C2933%2C120137%2C00.html

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=29949
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Publ...03/527uwabl.asp

Could you cite anything that wasn't so "right centric"? Didn't think so.

And why is it that y'all think Michael Moore "links" seemingly unrelated things to "prove" a point, but when the right does it, it's the "truth and the light"? Everything about this Iraq was is "justified" using a "six degrees of separation" scenario.

http://www.reuters.com/printerFriendlyPopu...storyID=5555716

That's a lot of burger flippers and landscape workers. In my local paper, there is story after story about Sprint Corp laying of 1,000 here or 1,000 there, or 10,000 over there. There's stories of that company "offshoring" call centers, eliminating even more jobs. Those were jobs that provided a *gasp* decent wage that could really go a long way towards supporting a family. And, unlike the majority of those quarter million jobs created under Bush, they didn't have to work a second job to support that family.

Healthcare insurance has absolutely nothing to do with access to healthcare! A fact often overlooked by those spouting off about the cost of insurance. Too many people rely on insurance as more of a cost sharing plan anyway. Whatever happened to personal responsability. I have children. I am responsble for thier health, welfare and education.

I hereby do not abdacate that responsability to any government agency.

When I retire, I am responsble to ensure that I can pay my bills, that I have enough money to insure that what happens, I can afford it.

Paris Hilton may have been given a fortune, but I guarantee that it was not from the government. Her father or granfather, I don't know because I personally don't care about her, worked their butt to build the Hilton Empire. Not the government. That person passed down the wealth that they built to their heirs. Again not the government. See that, not the government. Money was not taken out of my pocket to be given to Paris Hilton. The wealth she inherited was not taken, by force(that is afterall what taxes are) from me and given to her.

See, here is the liberal mindset at work again. "If you ignore the truth, you can get away with anything."

Or would you prefer, "If you tell a lie enough times, people will start to believe it as truth."

Healthcare insurance has absolutely nothing to do with access to healthcare! A fact often overlooked by those spouting off about the cost of insurance.

Really? Its a fact? I would love to know more about this fact. Please show me where.

Too many people rely on insurance as more of a cost sharing plan anyway.
That would be the point of insurance.Right?

Whatever happened to personal responsability. I have children. I am responsble for thier health, welfare and education.
Good for you. And if they get ever an illness (God forbid) and the cost to treat them far exceeds your income, what are you gonna do?

I hereby do not abdacate that responsability to any government agency.
Nobody is asking you to.

When I retire, I am responsble to ensure that I can pay my bills, that I have enough money to insure that what happens, I can afford it.
Hopfully events out of you control won't interfere. Life is much more fun without a safety net.

Paris Hilton may have been given a fortune, but I guarantee that it was not from the government. Her father or granfather, I don't know because I personally don't care about her, worked their butt to build the Hilton Empire. Not the government. That person passed down the wealth that they built to their heirs. Again not the government. See that, not the government. Money was not taken out of my pocket to be given to Paris Hilton. The wealth she inherited was not taken, by force(that is afterall what taxes are) from me and given to her.
I wonder how well the empire would be if there were never any planes, trains, or other means of travel?

Back