• Ralph Nader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Bush

• Other(Please Specify in Reply)

• Total voters
FredF said:
This is not propoganda like you want to think, these are verifiable facts. Go look them up if you dare.
Lemme guess...Newsmax and Foxnews.com, right?

FredF said:
When you see pictures of a man sitting right next to Hanoi Jane and then claims that they never did anything with her, what do you call that?
A fabricated photo. The photographer has publicly said several times that the photo is a fabricated montage, and has shown the original negative as proof.

having a voting record of consistently voting against funding for the military
His voting record shows nothing of the sort. Perhaps you should look at it sometime.

When the President claimed that there were links between Iraq and Al Queida, but the papers claim that he lied when he said there were direct links between Iraq and 9/11 when he never said 9/11, it becomes clear that there is an agenda here.
What they said is that he mislead us. He repeatedly put Iraq next to Al Qaida next to 9/11 and let the listener draw the inference. Not once did he say that they found no connection between Iraq and 9/11, even after poll after poll showed that the message being received was a link between Iraq and 9/11. That's deliberate misleading of the public.

But if you only beleive what the republican party line then of course you will not know the truth again. <_<

The Republicans are scared. Hence, you are going to see their true colors in the coming months as they try and deflect from the real issues. Kerry put the Republican party on the spot when he asked for "civility" let's see if they can control themselves. It's going to be interesting.

mweiss said:
at's not what I said. What I said is that Paris didn't earn the money. It's a windfall that she got by being lucky. Do you disagree with this?

Believe it or not, that's a much smaller group than the group of people on welfare who find themselves unable to get a job. But it's hard to justify killing the programs unless you focus on the lazy ones.

Did you know that the shortfalls are paid by tax dollars?
Paris Hilton did not "earn" the money - her father did. She was just lucky enough to be born to a wealthy father. Just like my son didn't "buy" the truck we paid off and are customizing. He was just lucky enough to have been born to parents who will have a beautiful vehicle for him some day. My children did not earn the money we put away for their furture. They were lucky enough to have parents who could tuck it away.

Where I come from, most on welfare are afraid to work too many hours for fear of losing it. Maybe you should visit sometime and take in the sight of someone driving a high end vehicle and known to be on welfare. I was on it once when I was younger, pregnant and lost my job. I was also off of it within six months and making ends meet working one full time and one part time job and my husband working full time. People can and should be employed.

How can a pharmaceutical company claim short falls when Canada sells the same drug for $300 less and still makes money and lets not forget Mexico. Maybe its a difference between 300% profit and 100% profit that's the short fall. Let's face it, even with all the overhead, the pharmaceutical industry is a lucrative business. As far as doctors are concerned, I feel for most of them; however, tell me why I can walk into a doctor's office without insurance and pay two thirds what they charge an insurance company? I've seen it in black and white. And don't tell me they are losing money with patients without insurance. My opinion is that they overcharge insurance companies already knowing most things will not be fully covered. That way, if the patient doesn't pay the remaining balance they still get their money. It's a game and a farce.

youngblood said:
Paris Hilton ... was just lucky enough to be born to a wealthy father.
Which is exactly what I said. She didn't earn a dime of it. And she's not a rogue case.

Where I come from, most on welfare are afraid to work too many hours for fear of losing it.
Hmmm...where do you come from?

Anyway, let me elaborate on this a bit. There's a rather odd place that some find themselves in, where Wal-Mart won't pay them as much as they would have gotten on welfare. Does this mean welfare pays too much or that Wal-Mart pays too little?

Maybe you should visit sometime and take in the sight of someone driving a high end vehicle and known to be on welfare.
Yes, it happens. So should we have left you to fend for yourself when you were dumb enough to be pregnant and unemployed?

How can a pharmaceutical company claim short falls when Canada sells the same drug for $300 less and still makes money and lets not forget Mexico.
The same way an airline can claim losses when they sell the same seat to one person for $220 that they sold to someone else at $1,220.

As far as doctors are concerned, I feel for most of them; however, tell me why I can walk into a doctor's office without insurance and pay two thirds what they charge an insurance company? I've seen it in black and white.
You don't understand how medical billing works these days. They may bill the insurance company for that amount, but the insurance company will pay less than two thirds of it. Trust me, I know.

My opinion is that they overcharge insurance companies already knowing most things will not be fully covered.
That may be your opinion, but you're wrong. It's both more complicated and simpler than you think it is.

Back