Why are pilots cheap when it comes to tipping ?

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
I want to make this clear this of course does NOT apply to all pilots:
This was just brought up in the ALPA thread by a poster that pilots (as a whole) are cheap at tipping when it comes to dinner & drinks. Why is this ? I make nothing compared to pilots & I ALWAYS take care of these folks.

This was just brought up in the ALPA thread by a poster that pilots (as a whole) are cheap at tipping when it comes to dinner & drinks. Why is this ? I make nothing compared to pilots & I ALWAYS take care of these folks.

Child support, Alimony, and several Mortgages? :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because the sizeable majority of them are Republicans..........and Republicans are by nature...Conservative.

(Ps)

I'm being very serious !

Because the sizeable majority of them are Republicans..........and Republicans are by nature...Conservative.

(Ps)

I'm being very serious !

You're off base bear...give me a friggin break...this Con tips 20% and up all the time.You ought to look at all the BS pol's create when on the campaign trail ,they're a cheap lot.
Its proven Con give....they go to church and tithe....they tip God. :lol:

I would argue that is has more to do with experience. I have worked in a service job before as have most of us I would think. We make less and we know how hard it is to make a living and we know how poorly people can treat one another. My guess would be that a lot of doctors, lawyers, pilots .. etc did not have service jobs growing up. They don't know what it is like and tend to be cheap.

There was a segment on the news a while back about what segment of societies give for charity. The working poor tend to give more of their income to charity than the middle class or the rich. They basically said that peoples contribution to charity seems to be directly opposite their ability to give. I thought that was interesting.

The poor giving more goes back to biblical times:

Luke21:1-4

1As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.[a] 3"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

Luke21:1-4

1As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. 2He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins.[a] 3"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

you just went over Gars head! :rolleyes:

However, he's probably tipped a few gay bar collection plates. Just ask him! :lol:

A persons sexual preference has no bearing on whether or not the service provided at a restaurant's or bar merits a tip or not.

You're off base bear...give me a friggin break...this Con tips 20% and up all the time.You ought to look at all the BS pol's create when on the campaign trail ,they're a cheap lot.
Its proven Con give....they go to church and tithe....they tip God. :lol:

EASY..Dell.

Your starting to sound like Mike Huckleberry !!

Ps,

I'm GLAD you(personally) are a "TIP$TER" :up:

They realize their career is over and want to save for the retirement that they gave away.

Back