Why revote? The choices are still the same

----------------
On 4/23/2003 11:18:59 AM AAStew wrote:

At the end of the pay scale top pay is approximately $42,000 a year. If you fly high time you can make about $70,000 a year. Now a high time flyer is flying 110-120 hours aloft. That is equal to about 90 hours a week . Do the math. You can make money, but how can you enjoy it? And $70,000 is not that much. MOst F/A''s do have a four year degree and a good percentage of those have advanced degrees. Housecleaners in my area make about 125-150 dollars per house they clean and most do 7-9 houses per week. They are home everyday by 5pm and most don''t declare thier income. Hmmm maybe I should....nah

----------------​
Yes but remember that your job as a F/A did not nor does not require a four year degree or higher. It requires a high school diploma or equivalent. There are over 2 million high school graduates entering the marketplace in the next two months. Replaceable? Yes. And I haven''t seen where having any appreciable high education has necessarily improved the service provided inflight.

I will say that like any group there are good employees and bad employees however, as union employees the bad ones are protected to the detremenet of the good ones. I have flown with some wonderful F/A''s on AA including the APFA former president, Pat Gibbs. She worked her backside off on our flights while younger silver winged F/A''s did much less. And oh yeah, I believe that the rank and file couldn''t wait to get rid of her.

Good luck in your quest to avoid deeper pay cuts and concessions; however, in my opinion bankruptcy is the worse possible scenario for all of your employees, contractors, the community and ultimately the customers. And oh yeah, it''s the customers that pay the bills! Try a smile next time you see one of us!

There is no way they are bringing that in unless they are Pursers who are flying extremely high time. Which is possible but not likely. I am not calling them liars just maybe exaggerating their checks a little?

----------------
On 4/23/2003 11:32:58 AM AAStew wrote:

I am the original Smurfette f/a. I smile and I even carry on conversations with my pax''s! I don''t think BK is the way to go, but that is out of my hands.
By the way, AA would not even consider you without a 4 year degree or a two year AA degree and another language. They do not claim that on their Quals but that is what we were told in personnel. I volunteered for special assignment recruiting years ago when we used to go city to city doing round ups.

----------------​
If i remember correctly smurfette was the hot smurf right

www.nbc5i.com/travelgetaways/2152486/detail.html

this an article about carty

and do i think f/a are overpaid....no but please do not tell me how tuff you have it..you do not have it hard...at all i do not know how much you get paid but i do know as a 1st year f/a you do need more pay. But some f/a make a good bit of money

----------------
On 4/23/2003 11:43:07 AM A77IGW wrote:

----------------
On 4/23/2003 11:32:58 AM AAStew wrote:

I am the original Smurfette f/a. I smile and I even carry on conversations with my pax''s! I don''t think BK is the way to go, but that is out of my hands.
By the way, AA would not even consider you without a 4 year degree or a two year AA degree and another language. They do not claim that on their Quals but that is what we were told in personnel. I volunteered for special assignment recruiting years ago when we used to go city to city doing round ups.

----------------​
If i remember correctly smurfette was the hot smurf right

----------------
Yes much TOO caliente for you. Buh-bye

APFAH8R,
Ouch! There you go again...overpaid waitresses, why insult? We would be paid more if we were waitresses. The job is physically draining, and the stress added to it by management makes it worth getting paid what we are. Remember alot of passengers did return to us because of the service provided. WN is paid the same as us give or take a few dollars, are they overpaid also. Whereas you might get paid for 40hours a week we are paid for approximately 17.5 hours a week, but we are gone usually 40-60 hours a week. Add it all up and tell me if you would do this for the crap that we are paid. Like I have said before, most of us are not in it for the money, as there is none, but rather cause we kind of like it.

7.gif

you took a shot at me I took a shot at you...do not dish it out if you can not take it

Well I am sorry they rolled thier eyes, but they did stop the talk in front of pax's didn't they? I am sure what they did up front was check to see what your name was on the list and then compare it to the ghost rider list.

IFLAA,
Pat Gibbs was before my time, but I am sure she was great. There is an example, do you know she has a JD degree? I know at least 5 F/a's who do.

No it isn''t the free trips as I burn most of my miles on your partners. Besides, any AAdvantage award for a ticket isn''t free. The earn rate is higher than most of your published discount fares on a relative basis. If you knew anything about your business and how yields are calculated you would have known this and not made that idiotic statement.

Frequent flyers are not the problem, we are your salvation. But rather than treat us as customers you would prefer to downgrade us and your attitude shows. Airlines serve one purpose and one purpose only to transport people, goods and services from one point to another. While certainly a key component in the economic infrastructure there are choices in the market place. I can elect to fly Southwest for price, convenience and of course their friendly staff (which is not a sarcastic remark but the truth) but give up more room in coach or first class seats and an occassional meal. I have been flying AA for longer than Southwest has been around and have seen the ups and downs.

Over the years the inflight amenities have diminished at the same pace as the flight attendants or stewardesses attitudes have worsened. The point though is that you choose to be a flight attendant or baggage handler or mechanic or pilot, etc. No one forced anyone into that position and no one is making anyone stay. If you can earn more money you would be someplace else. That is the reality. So while you are busy blaming Mr. Carty for all of your problems and will probably be successful in securing his resignation think about what you may end up with. It won''t be Herb who has a non-compete from Southwest. You want Bob. You may get him back. Your current TA''s will look like an endowment package versus what he may require from the unions!

And by the way, when you went on strike in the 90''s who was it that called Clinton and asked for an Executive Order to stop the strike? It wasn''t Bob! It would have fired every striking employee if he could have!

Sorry Todd but some dish it out in other hateful ways and can not take it I will refrain

At the end of the pay scale top pay is approximately $42,000 a year. If you fly high time you can make about $70,000 a year. Now a high time flyer is flying 110-120 hours aloft. That is equal to about 90 hours a week . Do the math. You can make money, but how can you enjoy it? And $70,000 is not that much. MOst F/A''s do have a four year degree and a good percentage of those have advanced degrees. Housecleaners in my area make about 125-150 dollars per house they clean and most do 7-9 houses per week. They are home everyday by 5pm and most don''t declare thier income. Hmmm maybe I should....nah

APFAh8r,
If you are seeing that, which I have seen also, you would not be out of line making a comment to them about it. There are some bad apples, but they are everywhere aren''t they?

Recently on flight back from SAN, I had overheard three fa''s bit..ching up a storm, about anything and everything. I was sitting in the very back, while hearing this I made a comment about your should think what you are saying before you actually say it,you never know who is on the plane. There response was no response, rolled there eyes went to the front of the ac.

Yeah the have that law degree, probably call in sick if they have some appt. not too ethical as a lawyer. I know they have the reputation of having no ethics, but come on just a stereotype.

Latest posts