Why Tim Nelson is Dangerous to IAM-represented employees at United Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev3188 said:
+1.
A change in direction and having the DL knocked out of complacency can only be a good thing...
So Kevin are you saying nelsons intent was to knock the Iam out of complacency? I disagree that was his intention. His past speaks volumes on his character as a union man. His actions put 30000+ jobs at risk. Why? To advance the cause of labor? No he wanted to get even with the District by trying to discredit them in the eyes of the very men and women that elected them. I believe his actions harmed negotiations with his constant barbs harassing the negotiations committee.

Hey jet job let us know when you will be gleefully celebrating and 50+ UAL stations get outsourced in the coming year. Any idea when MIA (sCO) and PVD are going to get farmed out? Of course there are many others, but those are two I am interested in.

Thanks.

Josh

jet job said:
So Kevin are you saying nelsons intent was to knock the Iam out of complacency? I disagree that was his intention. His past speaks volumes on his character as a union man. His actions put 30000+ jobs at risk. Why? To advance the cause of labor? No he wanted to get even with the District by trying to discredit them in the eyes of the very men and women that elected them. I believe his actions harmed negotiations with his constant barbs harassing the negotiations committee.
Dunno if that was his intent, but it seems to have worked at least a little. You all sure took him as a viable threat to your little empire(s)...

As for "harm," if anything did that, it was your NC's absolute incompetence at the table. Smisek & co must surely still be celebrating...

jet job said:
Looks like cronk isn't letting timmy on the team. Eulo booted him off her slate like a used tissue is tossed away.......... Unless Eulo promised him an appointment down the road.

How bout it Eulo , are you gonna give a Nelson a job? ....... Oh wait a minute, my bad, you got to get elected first..

Cronk I gotta title for your video....... I walk the line, ....... You should have had a guitar then it might have been believable. Better get timmy to run your campaign he is only 0-2 .....while,
Karen is oh for four.
Ok so you are lehive because that is just what you told a common friend of ours 12 hours ago.

Why are you so interested about who is on who's slate? You will find out in late november/early december.

jet job said:
Well Paine , it takes more than a loud mouth, a pea brain and an ego the size of Lake Michigan to run a union. Nelsons give us all or nothing would have put half of the workers in the streets to satisfy his perverse sense of justice and respect. Who wins with that? Certainly not the members he says he gives a #### about. You say right guy for the job. I disagree with you and so did the membership in 2012 and again with the recent ratification. We don't believe this sell out to the highest bidder one iota. I for one, used to just show up to work, do my time mind my own business until I found up this jerk and a few others were screwing up our contract ratification. I will continue to post until he and his phony pretenders are exposed for what they really are scab opportunist s.
Im not sure how solidarity and sticking together to fight for real scope and a contract with union rules would have wiped out half our members but that disagreement with you is subject to opinion since we will never know. Instead of arguing your ghost accusations, what we do know is that ta2 is terrible. That said, nobody listened to you. If they listened to you they would have taken ta1 and been stuck at $23 thru 2019.
My past is something im quite proud of as i never lost a local election and i revamped and changed the iam organizing and won every campaign election i directed. Ran for ip to fight for the rights of all iam members and was successful in doing it by filing an internal grievance that beat the intl and made them look like jackasses so they fired the attorney that i beat.

Moving forward, id really like to use my skillset by winning grievances and contracts against management if we can clean up this union leadership first. Time will tell.

cltrat said:
josh it wont matter to Dave, he'll still be grabbing that IAM check
Sadly you are right. But I have to think there has been a back door deal in place for Swissport, Air Wisconsin, etc to be preferential bidders for these stations, no way the IAM would walk away from all those dues willingly.

Josh

737823 said:
Sadly you are right. But I have to think there has been a back door deal in place for Swissport, Air Wisconsin, etc to be preferential bidders for these stations, no way the IAM would walk away from all those dues willingly.

Josh
josh I wish I could say you're wrong, but I have no way of doing so in fact you very well may be right.

Tim,
Has the district been informed of any timeline UAL intends to outsource the stations now that scope permits? Is it safe to assume they will start contacting out in the slower winter period after holiday rush?

Josh

Nelson it was you that didn't know about the overrides and said dental insurance was .70 cents an hour wasn't it? ......... Yes it was you. Quit pretending you care for the masses when the only thing you care about is feeding your ego.

The members have told you no twice already. Shall we make it three?

737823 said:
Tim,
Has the district been informed of any timeline UAL intends to outsource the stations now that scope permits? Is it safe to assume they will start contacting out in the slower winter period after holiday rush?

Josh
The district was advised of 1200 potential layoffs rampside after the final senioriry list integration of january 15.
The district was disappointed with the news and asked anout a new buyout to limit additional terminations.
Bottom line, imo, is that everyone in pce that chooses ramp better rethink because once it is split i belive most of those additional 1,200 could be from those stations. Time will tell.

Dave did the 1200 potential lay offs after Jan 15 vote for Tim? or was it your guy they supported?

Tim Nelson said:
The district was advised of 1200 potential layoffs rampside after the final senioriry list integration of january 15.
The district was disappointed with the news and asked anout a new buyout to limit additional terminations.
Bottom line, imo, is that everyone in pce that chooses ramp better rethink because once it is split i belive most of those additional 1,200 could be from those stations. Time will tell.
Tim, one of your videos before TA 1 vote talked about them outsourcing bagroom and displacing people onto ramp and other areas. The new CBA language allows greater cross utilization. Will this also mean more part-time and less overtime for the people who are lucky enough to stay? Are the 1200 you speak of from complete closures or outsourcing certain functions?

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back