Will AA pursue Alaskan?

I don't think that AA will buy AS or merge with AS, but I'm sure that someone suffering from ASD will be along shortly to disagree and edumacate us.   

I don't think that AA will buy AS or merge with AS
we do agree on this.... and it is the truth.

to the mods:

can we respect AS by correctly showing their name as Alaska Airlines?

So now u want us to call it Alaska instead of AS. But for DL AA or any other its not.... what wrong w this pic here. I dont think AS will merge with DL nor AA in the near future. But time will tell

Reactions: 1 person
If we do take on Alaskan .. I'd hope the first thing we'd do is check all the jack screws. (I'm not trying to joke or be sarcastic.)

Who is Alaskan?

And Alaska Airlines doesnt fly the MD80 anymore, and your post is in bad taste.

Reactions: 2 people
Who is Alaskan?

And Alaska Airlines doesnt fly the MD80 anymore, and your post is in bad taste.
maybe part of the institution knowledge that AS wants in a partnership with either AA or DL is MD80 maintenance.

the AS-WN merger rumors make more sense than with AA or DL.

given that WN has merged with more than one airline in DL's backyard only to shrink it, DL and WN might be up to the same thing in the PNW where WN has always played second fiddle to AS.

DL might sell its RNP data into several Alaska cities to WN to help soften AS too.

And those approaches are not being done on M80s.

Kev3188 said:
That's cold, man...
In all honesty it wasn't my intention to be cold Kev. We did the maintenance on some of the grounded AC. Since we do not service that airline any longer I would like to see how the new jack screws are doing. My apologies if it came out distasteful. As far as my post to 700 goes..well it looked like a "bait" post and I wasn't going for it.

Fair question. US Airways employees don't like to hear their airline referred to as US Air, or any of the other names it USED to be called. I doubt American employees would sit still for someone calling them America Air or America Airlines. And, AFAIK, Alaska was never called Alaskan.

jimntx said:
Fair question. US Airways employees don't like to hear their airline referred to as US Air, or any of the other names it USED to be called. I doubt American employees would sit still for someone calling them America Air or America Airlines. And, AFAIK, Alaska was never called Alaskan.
Someone just pointed this out to me yesterday. Strange but that does seem to bother some. AA, American, Airlines , Airways, it's all the same to me. My designation at work is Fleet Service Clerk. Whatever. When I tell people that's what I am they say "What's that?" It always reverts back to the easier to understand "Baggage Handler" eventually, lol.

BigMac said:
In all honesty it wasn't my intention to be cold Kev. We did the maintenance on some of the grounded AC. Since we do not service that airline any longer I would like to see how the new jack screws are doing. My apologies if it came out distasteful. As far as my post to 700 goes..well it looked like a "bait" post and I wasn't going for it.
AS doesnt fly the MD80 and your remarks are cold and callous, people died in that crash, people lost loved ones, not cool at all.