Dramatic video shows turbulence rocking AA flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
first, I didn't say either is CAT.

I did say the seat belt sign is on in the first and the announcement can be clearly heard on the video.

what I didn't see is carts that were laying on their side with dishes all over the cabin. is that on the video and I missed it?

it does not matter - the flight hit turbulence you are suggesting AA was neglegient - taking a plane directly into a storm leaving the seat belt sign off - that is the implication of all your "was the seat belt" sign on

You can't spin, double standard your way out of it

it does not matter - the flight hit turbulence you are suggesting AA was neglegient - taking a plane directly into a storm leaving the seat belt sign off - that is the implication of all your "was the seat belt" sign on

You can't spin, double standard your way out of it
again, you really need to get the chip off of your shoulder.

I asked why the plane was in that area when storms were known to be forming and if the seat belt sign was on.

that assumes nothing. Those are just questions.

and if there is structural damage, that is unusual after turbulence.

No chip on shoulder it's more like someone with a wiget on their shoulder

So you have experts saying clear air turbulence and in the DL case I posted they were flying through a storm - so your point continues with double standard

It's OK for DL to fly through a storm and not AA

Let's wait for the actual report

"Dramatic" video?  If you watch the video without the "dramatic" sound turned on, there is really nothing of note happening.  Everyone that can be seen is sitting in their seat.  The one dramatic part is not part of the video at all: It is the still picture of the overturned serving cart, which is credited on the photo itself to another photographer.

I can duplicate that "dramatic" video on any flight, even if it is perfectly smooth...just move the camera around.

All the drama is in the narration.  Watch it with the sound turned off, and discount the still pic of the serving cart?  "Dramatic video"? "Blair Witch Project"?

Since the airplane turned around and made an emergency landing due to injuries, I have no doubt the turbulence occurred and was severe.  We just didn't get to see any of that in the video.  I cannot imagine it was anything other than clear air turbulence, which can and often does happen with no warning.  Had there been weather involved, it would have been avoided and the captain would likely have kept the flight attendants in their seats while passing around the weather just to be sure.

I doubt the aircraft itself sustained damage.  It was likely inspected by maintenance and flew off in short order.

As for the guy who hit the ceiling:  Now he knows very well why passengers are told to keep their seat belts fastened at all times while seated.  The FAA even requires a placard to that effect in view of every passenger.  

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts