Could Boeing Help Create a Deal for Delta/US

jcw

Veteran
Aug 12, 2004
Remember how Airbus helped US out of BK. Could US now be courting Boeing to help out on this plan. If I remember correctly didn't Delta agree to buy all aircraft from Boeing. Could Doug be offering to switch US back to an all Boeing fleet? US has Boeing and Airbus in now for bidding to replace the current 737 fleet plus US is desperate long haul aircraft.

Thoughts?

You are right. Why has no one picked up on this? Parker has stated publicly that he's in negotiations with Boeing for replacement a/c. Boeing Capital is the largest and most influencial member of DAL's creditor's committee. This fact alone tells me this is a done deal.

Funny you should bring this up. I'm sure DP is going to use whatever is at his disposal to get the best deal possible. We promised Airbus to buy the A350 if they supported the US Airways merger with condition. So far Airbus isn't meeting those conditions. All the better for US Airways not to be tied to the A350. Pitting Boeing and Airbus in a fight to gain our business is good for US.

Yikes! These merger threads are starting to sound like a very bad and rejected movie script on that LIFETIME channel! ;);););)

Actually I believe GECAS is the largest member of the DL Creditors Committee, they called the shots in the US bankruptcy.

Remember how Airbus helped US out of BK. Could US now be courting Boeing to help out on this plan. If I remember correctly didn't Delta agree to buy all aircraft from Boeing. Could Doug be offering to switch US back to an all Boeing fleet? US has Boeing and Airbus in now for bidding to replace the current 737 fleet plus US is desperate long haul aircraft.

Thoughts?
I hadn't given that aspect much thought, but now that you mention it....Hmmmmmm! It wouldn't hurt my feelings a whole lot to lose the eurotrash and get back to operating with real aircraft. The Airbus SRM is nothing short of a nightmare to navigate has a multitude of omissions and or ambiguous references or procedures.

And look at how that is turning out for them now...LCC has profited on half billion dollars in 6 months! I would say alot of these lien holders are very, very pleased with LCC management and they have alot of faith in them. The Airbus loan was payed in full months ago and I am sure GECAS is making a wonderful return on their investment.

Thoughts?
:up:

Latest posts