Will JetBlue Move To Florida???

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Florida would be very enticing. The potential $$$ savings would outway the cost of moving by a long shot. Way cheaper in Florida all around, also way cheaper for their employees to live in Florida. The savings the employees would save after moving would be like a huge raise to all of them that would be willing to relocate. It's a no brainer, go JetBlue GO!!!

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...2953068//RK=2/RS=W4wmwL6WxKRLe2mmGQTYAIEwFeA-

I'd move the legal address immediately but not force people to move. Let those who want to stay in NYC work remote, and the rest can start enjoying the tax break.

I have no clue how JB will handle the post pandemic way of employment, but I do know Southwest is calling back 75% of office workers from working at home starting next month. Is the new employment "at work" numbers going to be 75-25%? IDK. Just saying what we were told SWA is starting to call back in from working at home.
Also hearing tidbits of recalling starting this month on some folks out on the leave starting on the west coast either this month or next.
I heard that the short term leaves will get rejected for April thru June and will not get approved; The 6 month leave folks are already back; The 12 month folks will come back next; And also being told that the 18 month leaves won't make it 18 months but looks to be the last called back. Probably a wait and see if they are needed after not approving the 1-3 month leaves and 6 month'ers being back. IF they were correct on the guesses of passengers just itching to get away and we do get real busy, say by summer 2021, then the 18 month leaves may get recalled back as well...

I doubt it will be a one-size-fits-all policy for non-union folks in non-airport roles.

What I'm hearing at my airline is HDQ staff will have flexibility to be in office ranging from "as requested" all the way up to in office 100%. It will be based on team needs and individuals ability to perform. Someone who needs a lot of supervision might get WFH for 1 day a week; those who work well remote might only be WFO 1 day a month.

Anyone choosing to live further than driving distance would have to travel for in-office days at their own expense or space available, which is no different from flight attendants or pilots who commute. No using positive space except from their office city to start and end business trips, so if I moved back to AZ, and needed to go to LAX on a work trip, I'd have to nonrev back to HDQ and then fly HDQ-LAX positive space (which would make little sense).

They're "staying put" only because Cuomo is bribing them with a new terminal at JFK. That gets announced tomorrow.

Yea, NY is tired of losing all the businesses that are vacating NY so fast just like Cali businesses are also flooding out to other states (Tx. is one of the biggies)
I guess we could call it a bribe, but not far from a good business decision to renegotiate a new "cheaper" contract to keep them in NY. This is exactly what states like Tx are doing with all the corps and businesses flooding into Tx. They too are giving all kinds of incentives to move companies here from all over the US.

Yea, NY is tired of losing all the businesses that are vacating NY so fast just like Cali businesses are also flooding out to other states (Tx. is one of the biggies)
I guess we could call it a bribe, but not far from a good business decision to renegotiate a new "cheaper" contract to keep them in NY. This is exactly what states like Tx are doing with all the corps and businesses flooding into Tx. They too are giving all kinds of incentives to move companies here from all over the US.

And so too, All the Work-Comp LAWYERS !!!!! ;) ;):eek:;);)