Will Psa Be Sold

OldpropGuy said:
Iflyem said:
Hey guys,
Being part of Mesa is better than nothing ....................
Many would argue with you on this point alone!
I can second that. From what I have heard, Mesa doesn't treat their folks very well. I am not sure I would want to work for them, but who knows, my fate may be decided for me. (I just hope not.) :angry:

psa, pdt and alg for years have been in a position to compete for the east using the RJ. because of thier tremendous forsight however, mainline ALPA (via scope) decided that was a bad idea. "RJ's will take our jobs!" they shouted! meanwhile comair, coex, pinnacle, asa, aca pounced all over the east coast providing feed for thier respective carriers. we see now that scope was a wonderful idea as 1800 mainline pilots are furloughed. All the while, management begged and pleaded for RJ's. yip, leave it to you brilliant coal crackers to force managements hand. management didn't do this, labor did. So in a strange way, many of the furloughed pilots are poison. scope has left a bad taste around the industry, just as it has locally. the tide was held back until market forces took over. The hens are home to roost, as the mainline chicks chirp to the scraps of PSA.

After LOA 91 is ratified, PSA and possibly Allegheny/Piedmont could be sold to a US Airways Express affiliate carrier, with Mesa Air a likely candidate to acquire the express operators.

The corporation could obtain around $100 million for the assets, which would be used to pay down the loan guarantee and provide additional funds for general corporate purposes.

The US Airways Group corporate benefit is higher liquidity, less aircraft acquisition capital diversion, less long-term debt for the loan guarantee/CRJ financing, express operation economies of scale/rationalization, and the ability to obtain feed/revenue with a code share agreement.

Also noteworthy, the divestiture of the "wholly owned" airlines would eliminate a corporate transaction obstacle in regard to other airline scope clauses.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
After LOA 91 is ratified
Probably better to use "when" and "if" in regards to LOA 91 being ratified rather than after. I know you find it hard to believe that anyone would put anything at risk to keep evryone in the lifeboat but times may be a changing. I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a passenger in steerage on the Titanic and have tried to get into your half empty life boat.

How about the group selling the existing ERJ/CRJ order slots to free up needed finantial backing, ie out from under the debt of paying for the new a/c. I beleive that GECAS will withold any additional financing if the credit rating falls any lower. The old "RJs are just a fad" thing was wrong, and the issue is survival. Until the company has profit, new aircraft could be more of a liability. Yes, some new equipment is needed, but so is a new attitude from everyone involved. Can Airways come back? Chrysler did in the eighties, with decisive leadership and a big sacrifice, plants were closed people lost jobs, they changed the way the did business and proved the naysayers wrong, paid off their goverment loan. Airways could still be absorbed by someone else, airways is not in a very strong market position, the managment knows it!

Back