Wholly Owneds To Be Sold?

Seems that PDT, and probably ALG also as their contracts are very similar, have certain successorship and snap-back requirements upon any type of transfer of ownership. These include provisions that the DHC-8 pay rates, along with the original no-furlough clause, from their before-concessions contract, will be immediately reinstated.

Will this make it harder for Ornstein to beat them into submission? I don't think these folks will quietly give up all they have fought long and hard for, over the years, for Mesa's slave shop pay and conditions!

:down: alpa only cares about the boys that fly the big jets that why 1800 pilots
are laid off ,they should be flying rjs under 1 US wholly owned at a fair rate
not a 100000 a yr .greed will kill you

It would seem that the most profitable thing for airways to do would be to spin off the WO's rather then sell them off to MESA. Since the WO's were at one time and I am sure still are profitable it makes much more sense. But then nothing at Airways has made much sense in a long time.

PDTGIMP said:
WE revert back to our old contract only until we are intergrated into Mesa's, according to ALPA.
This might sound harsh yet...can anyone speak as to Usairways viability 12months from now? And I don't mean as a bunch of "regionals" after selling off all or most of their Ops. and Equipment?

passed_over said:
It would seem that the most profitable thing for airways to do would be to spin off the WO's rather then sell them off to MESA. Since the WO's were at one time and I am sure still are profitable it makes much more sense. But then nothing at Airways has made much sense in a long time.
Isn't that kind of what Continental did with its Continental Express operations. They spunoff Continental Express into a separate comany (Express Jet), offered stock in the separate company and I believe are (Express Jet) doing well.

The irony of ironies...

I seem to recall on this board and others the very mention of a WO pilot flying for Mesa/JO would result in a mass exodus.

How does it feel now? Your looking into the blackness and seeing the devil himself. Suks, doesn't it? You folks are getting a taste as to what it's like to walk a mile in our shoes. Ask any CCAir pilot what it feels like, or any AirMiddy/Mesa pilot who gave up too much to stop Freedom.

You have no idea how bad this can get. Wonder how many Mesa pilot's welcome you with open arms after years of downright rudeness and arrogance on the WO's part.

So what you gonna do? Tell your wife/kids that you'll quit because now your a contract carrier like all the rest? Can't face your friends/family? become #xxx of xxxx?

Welcome to Mesa He11.

ps. no meal vouchers

The reason J4J hiring may stop until March is Dornier pilots are behind on the 50/50 ratio for jet implementation. There is to be no more Dornier flying in DAY in March. Our understanding is most if not all DAY based Dornier pilots are going to start class in the next 60-90 days.

turtle

you sound like a bitter person, The type who paid for his or her job. let me guess you went from zero time to rj in 3 months. you know exactly why every other airline out there is bitter with mesa. I will slow down for you that means all airlines not just piedmont or allegeny. Mesa undercuts jobs, hell I read in a previous post that the FA's at piedmont made more than some of the Fo's at mesa. You can laugh all you want but just remember that pdt and alg pilots didnt apply to work for mesa.

You knew the rules of the game befoe you took the job!!

just my 2 cents take it or leave it.