With A Flunky Judge Like This...

Both North By Northwest AND Fly need to get back on their meds, QUICKLY.

At least one of them sounds like he/she is going to have a stroke.

:rolleyes:

NBNW,

I just have one nagging question about NWA. When looking at the right hand side of your aircraft with the new paint jobby I suppose the compass looking gizmo is supposed to indicate the "northwest" direction? Then why does it point to the Northeast on the right hand side of the fuselage and then the northwest on the left hand side?

You guys having and identity crisis? Or just tyring to confuse the pax for the next sowstorm event that causes congressional oversight?

Cheers

magsau said:
NBNW,

I just have one nagging question about NWA. When looking at the right hand side of your aircraft with the new paint jobby I suppose the compass looking gizmo is supposed to indicate the "northwest" direction? Then why does it point to the Northeast on the right hand side of the fuselage and then the northwest on the left hand side?

You guys having and identity crisis? Or just tyring to confuse the pax for the next sowstorm event that causes congressional oversight?

Cheers
[post="278457"][/post]​

Wow...now that was a real in depth gut reaching insult. I'm just in awe at that clever intellect.

As for my need for medications...(I would concern myself with ones own need for mental health treatment)

The issue appears to be.... many big mouths on here from other airlines have pleanty to say about NW but their whiny A$$ just can't take when it is turned around on them. If you can't take...Keep your mouth shut. I will resopnnd till my heart's content...THAT you can take to the bank.

Facts are FACTS...some can't stand them, some deny them. Too bad. I will speak out about airlines using BANKRUPTCY to steal from venddors and employees till the cows come home. This industry would be very different today had there been a set amount of time for any airline to remain in BK.

Now when one doesn't like the responses from ones comments over here...sugestion...keep em to yourself. Otherwise, bank on me responding.
:up:

LGA Fleet Service said:
You know what'd be funny?

A prepackaged section 363 bankruptcy asset sale ala AA/TWA.

NWAC has a market cap of $456 million as of todays close,$200 or so million dollars less than AMR paid for TWA five years ago...you could buy a hell of a lot for half a million dollars.
A purchasing entity could carve up NWAC rather neatly and rather quickly, realizing a complete recoup of their investment and then some when everything was said and done.

The Pacific operation alone would cover your initial investment...I'm sure Arpey at AMR would move heaven and earth to shake the resources loose for that...
I'm sure UPS or FedEx might be interested in freight operations in ANC as well as the freighter fleet..

WN, jetBlue,Spirit and Frontier would be all over DTW and MSP...
Not so much fun when people start slicing up your employer now is it? :blink:
[post="278128"][/post]​

I think your intent was VERY clear to all who read it. Like I said...I'd be more worried about SW taking you out than AA trying to buy Norhtwest. More money to be made by carving up AA. (stranger things have happened i.e. Ual going BK and in it for 3 years) Afterall...money is what it's all about. :D

Fly said:
The difference: Pan Am put those items up for the highest bidder.....they weren't stolen (as you are implying) In that deal, United also took flight attendants to equal the positions needed to work those trips. Pan Am sold all its decent flying which is why they went out of business. United has not sold the 'gems' which is why we will be here for the long haul.

Fyi - AA began the downturn on wages and benefits by voting YES...before everyone. So go ahead, give them your approval if you want.
[post="278297"][/post]​
Wrong Fly, the downturn in wages started with CO in the 1980s under Lorenzo followed by TWA with Ichan. These two carriers paid less to their people for years. AA has paid around the same as UA, Dl and NW in terms of top out. Yes, we took a hit in 2003, but we still have our pensions (80% funded) and are working to make them even more secure.

North by Northwest said:
I think your intent was VERY clear to all who read it. Like I said...I'd be more worried about SW taking you out than AA trying to buy Norhtwest. More money to be made by carving up AA. (stranger things have happened i.e. Ual going BK and in it for 3 years) Afterall...money is what it's all about. :D
[post="278481"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Attention:

NxNW, LGA, and the rest of you AA/NW guys !!

May I respectfully suggest that you STOP wasting your VALUABLE time "bitching" at each other. Why? Because AA and NW are NOT ENEMYS. Never have been, and (Hopefully) Never will be !!!!!!!!

There are Too many REAL A$$ Holes on here that ARE the enemy(s)

Because of the (CLEAR) way that this "pro company", Brutally INEPT administration(DUMBYA/GOP) is allowing the BK laws to be exploited, for Big Business's(READ: UAL), it would be very wise to "NOW" have AA and NW start "exploring possibilities", down the road !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

ps,
NxNW, "PM" coming your way !!!

magsau said:
NBNW,

Cheers
[post="278457"][/post]​

Well, just suppose your standing underneath a flag pole with the stars and stripes waving in the wind, you look up at the flag, glance over to the left side, and which way is the stars facing? Northwest <_< Look up, take a peak on the right side of the flag, which way are the stars facing? Different direction. Big deal. :blink:

marlo said:
Well, just suppose your standing underneath a flag pole with the stars and stripes waving in the wind, you look up at the flag, glance over to the left side, and which way is the stars facing? Northwest <_< Look up, take a peak on the right side of the flag, which way are the stars facing? Different direction. Big deal. :blink:
[post="279098"][/post]​

Sorry, an analogy of the NWA paint scheme and the American flag is not even close, but nice try. I suppose using your logic the Knockwurst name should be spelled backwards on one side of the plane also? <_<

magsau said:
Sorry, an analogy of the NWA paint scheme and the American flag is not even close, but nice try. I suppose using your logic the Knockwurst name should be spelled backwards on one side of the plane also? <_<
[post="279162"][/post]​

How bout discussing something with some substance vs. your personal distaste of one side of a logo?

North by Northwest said:
How bout discussing something with some substance vs. your personal distaste of one side of a logo?
[post="279164"][/post]​

Substance? OK want to talk about the scabs that are being hired by NWA mgmnt. Or would you prefer we talk about your paint jobby? Your choice. By the way, I only pointed out the error of the pointer. You guys are the ones trying to defend the pointer being assigned to the NE vs NW. Should it not be corrected or at least paint the KNOCKWURST backwards also?

magsau said:
Substance? OK want to talk about the scabs that are being hired by NWA mgmnt. Or would you prefer we talk about your paint jobby? Your choice. By the way, I only pointed out the error of the pointer. You guys are the ones trying to defend the pointer being assigned to the NE vs NW. Should it not be corrected or at least paint the KNOCKWURST backwards also?
[post="279174"][/post]​
Or we could talk about why UA can't get out of BK. Going on 3 yrs and still no exit plan. What's up with that? :huh:

Red Tail Bear said:
Or we could talk about why UA can't get out of BK. Going on 3 yrs and still no exit plan. What's up with that? :huh:
[post="279177"][/post]​

Feel free to discuss that on the UA board at your leisure. But since this is the NWA board why not discus the issues here affecting Northworst?

.....or how about the B787s coming to NWA in only two years. Those comfortable fuel sipping jets will be tough competition for all other US airlines in the Pacific that is, of course, unless our competition has them also. So how many dreamliners does UA have on order?

Bigsky said:
.....or how about the B787s coming to NWA in only two years. Those comfortable fuel sipping jets will be tough competition for all other US airlines in the Pacific that is, of course, unless our competition has them also. So how many dreamliners does UA have on order?
[post="279189"][/post]​
The same number of BK exit plans they have. ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, GOOSE-EGG, THE BIG 0.

Bigsky said:
[post="279189"][/post]​

Just like the order Air Canada had?

With the B400/B777 and B767 fleet I think UA is positioned OK for now. After exit there could be an order for new airframes but who knows. You guys have been behind the power curve for a 767 sized airplane for many years and will still be behind for a few more years to come. Of course you could probably find some ratty old DC9's to do an extreme makeover to and attempt to compete with those airframes.