WN @ EWR?

txskygal

Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Hi all y''all; Yesterday at about 1715 I saw with my one two eyes SWA''s aircraft #747 at EWR! Does anyone know if there was a charter or an unusual situation that caused it to be there? Thanks! Inquiring minds want to know!

How much longer can WN not fly to NYC? It flies to Chicago, LAX , Oakland( and other Bay aiports), FLL, BWI, and many other airports close to major areas. Long Island is too far and not really serving the New York City market. WN could cause lots of problems flying from EWR to Midway, FLL, PBI, MCO, LAX, Oakland, HOU, RDU, LAS, PHX and too many others to name. Now that WN flies to every corner of the country I only think it a matter if time thay Wn realizes it can't ignore the countries biggest aviation market.

JFK, maybe they can. ISP may be "too far" from NYC (although it takes me an hour to get to MCI from the suburbs, but it's the only airport in town). Long Island has a pretty decent population base, ISP has very few delays, and for about 25 years, LUV didn't serve anything even remotely close to NYC. I can't see them going into airports where the possibility for delays is so much greater.

Its to bad WN didn't figure out how good JFK could work out before Neeleman did. Obviously that would have been the best bet, but JB has already filled that vacume. I don't think WN will ever end up in NYC now. And certainly not at EWR, a virtual CO fortress! WN makes the big bucks by avoiding places like that,ATL and MSP.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/1/2003 8:07:20 AM KCFlyer wrote:

JFK, maybe they can. ISP may be "too far" from NYC (although it takes me an hour to get to MCI from the suburbs, but it's the only airport in town). [/blockquote]

Why, KC, y'all got a nice little airport right down there by the levee. I hear it's handled a jet or two in it's day, too!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/1/2003 5:23:06 PM AAmech wrote:

Its to bad WN didn't figure out how good JFK could work out before Neeleman did. Obviously that would have been the best bet, but JB has already filled that vacume. I don't think WN will ever end up in NYC now. And certainly not at EWR, a virtual CO fortress! [/blockquote]

I've got it....Teterboro!
(Can't you just hear the NIMBYs howling!)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/2/2003 12:42:46 AM mga707 wrote:

I've got it....Teterboro!
(Can't you just hear the NIMBYs howling!)

----------------
[/blockquote]

Naw, go for the gusto. White Plains. I always thought that was an airport that desperately needed a F-4 squadron with tankers.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/1/2003 5:23:06 PM AAmech wrote:

Its to bad WN didn't figure out how good JFK could work out before Neeleman did. Obviously that would have been the best bet, but JB has already filled that vacume. I don't think WN will ever end up in NYC now. And certainly not at EWR, a virtual CO fortress! WN makes the big bucks by avoiding places like that,ATL and MSP.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Remember JFK is slot controlled, and Neeleman had to call in a few politicos from NY to get the slots. Not saying WN couldn't have done the same, but jetBlue pitched itself as "NY's hometown airline".

Speedbird-

Sounds like you have some inside knowledge of Teterboro.

"Make sure those tankers are the old A-models with water-injection engines and lots of black smoke on every takeoff."