Wow ....i Just Saw An Advertisement

AKA_trvlr64

Advanced
Oct 10, 2003
for AMERICAN AIRLINES ! !

Very cute and helped to remind the CUSTOMERS what AA has to offer.

Guess Dave hopes his customers read yahoo postings or even this website to find out where US is going.

Start using the TV media to promote US Dave. Print ads won't do it all for you.

I don't think you will ever see a TV ad for Us Airways...it may just produce income and then we will show a "Profit" and Dave WON'T be able to come to us for more. After all, with all the DEEP cuts we have given "Super Dave" over the last year or so and can't show a profit while NW, CO and even AMR did...Daves right on with his "Plan"...keep showing a loss until he gets EVERYTHING he needs and wants. I for one am giving NO more to this idiot!! Rmember ads produce income and I don't think Dave and his highly talented people he has surrounded himself with want that!!!
I'm just another HAPPY US Airways employee watching this ship continue to take on water after all we gave to this thief!!
Just my thought! ;)

I'd say why not have all of the employees put ads into the papers across the country and world and tell them all of the give backs and see if the pax will still fly
on an airline whose own "ceo" is a thieve and has a gang of thieves!?

While I agree that a comprehensive marketing program would help US, there may be a rationale for US not to spend that money right now. Wouldn't it make more sense to advertise when there's something new and exciting to tell your customers about??? When the new RJs/SJs start to move into the fleet next year, that would seem to me to be the perfect time to start a media blitz. If there are plans to upgrade some of the service, particularly the f/c service to coincide with the entrance into the Star Alliance, that would seem to me to be the perfect time for a media blitz. If a new hub is chosen (following PIT negotiations) - not sure if it's likely, but I also don't believe it's impossible, that would seem to be to be the perfect time to start a media blitz. You get the idea. All of these things point to a strategy to spend significant dollars on advertising early next spring - with lots of new stuff to talk about at US going into a period when traditionally lots of people make plans to fly and hopefully their choices can be influenced for that period and beyond. With the arrival of new aircraft and new capacity, 50- and 70-seaters to replace 37-seat turboprops, it would also seem that's when the airline could best absorb a significant influx of new pax.

Of course, none of this may be in the works, but it makes sense to me - especially if CCY is trying to conserve cash and wants to get the most bang for the buck. Remember, advertising only makes sense when there's something to advertise. Though I am a US2 and usually choose US over other alternatives, I recognize that the product needs work. You can advertise all day long and it won't make people prefer a turbo-prop over an RJ or plastic cups over glass in f/c. Assuming these things will be different in the spring, wouldn't it be better to advertise then? Hopefully mgmt at CCY isn't as dumb as some of those on this board portray...and hopefully there is a method to the madness.

Flying Titan said:
While I agree that a comprehensive marketing program would help US, there may be a rationale for US not to spend that money right now. Wouldn't it make more sense to advertise when there's something new and exciting to tell your customers about??? When the new RJs/SJs start to move into the fleet next year, that would seem to me to be the perfect time to start a media blitz. If there are plans to upgrade some of the service, particularly the f/c service to coincide with the entrance into the Star Alliance, that would seem to me to be the perfect time for a media blitz. If a new hub is chosen (following PIT negotiations) - not sure if it's likely, but I also don't believe it's impossible, that would seem to be to be the perfect time to start a media blitz. You get the idea. All of these things point to a strategy to spend significant dollars on advertising early next spring - with lots of new stuff to talk about at US going into a period when traditionally lots of people make plans to fly and hopefully their choices can be influenced for that period and beyond. With the arrival of new aircraft and new capacity, 50- and 70-seaters to replace 37-seat turboprops, it would also seem that's when the airline could best absorb a significant influx of new pax.

Of course, none of this may be in the works, but it makes sense to me - especially if CCY is trying to conserve cash and wants to get the most bang for the buck. Remember, advertising only makes sense when there's something to advertise. Though I am a US2 and usually choose US over other alternatives, I recognize that the product needs work. You can advertise all day long and it won't make people prefer a turbo-prop over an RJ or plastic cups over glass in f/c. Assuming these things will be different in the spring, wouldn't it be better to advertise then? Hopefully mgmt at CCY isn't as dumb as some of those on this board portray...and hopefully there is a method to the madness.
Flying Titan

Your reply has merit. But, as a US1 I do more advertising for this airline than their boss. What the AA comercial did was to point out AA's advantages in their route system, told customers about their FF program and generally had a positive and upbeat attitude about why YOU should fly AA.

After emerging from BK, Dave should have spread the word about this airline and YELLED it from the mountain top that they are going to survive and give their customers a good quality airline again. But he hasn't and US is dying a slow painful death.

I wonder how many people outside of the message boards and flyertalk and those on US planes even know about the Mexico City flights now?? I wonder who knows about Glasgow hopefully starting next May?? I wonder if you know you can't get to many cities you used to go to on US lately?

The old adage you must spend money to make money speaks volumes especially with US. They don't seem to be spending the money to attract customers. They take more service and flight frequency away. Believe me when I say, the only reason I fly US anymore is because of the fantastic staff at PIT. I have had to fly NW more because US has reduced it's flights to certain areas I need to get to for work. So if I'm not on US, you bet you'll see me on UA and NW. And that's a shame.

It seems to me that BBB doesn't care to advertise this airline. Get rid of him and US would save a lot of money right there. Maybe then they could start to advertise again.

AKA_trvlr64 said:

Oh yes. I just love AA commercials. Here's a link to one of my favorites...

http://www.nknet.com/twa/multimedia/video/twaaa.mov

I'm sure the furloughed TWA employees just loved it too. It's probably equally as popular with the people of STL that now have to connect through a Ski Nazi hub to get anywhere from their home town.

Cheers.

Maybe the employee's should pool their money (what is left) and make our own advertisement.

It would be a one time cost. No long term pay cut. Great PR. And it may even produce new revenues and provide us with a future.

How would it look if Dave keeps dumping on us and we are trying to save our own airline despite our management.

The costs may be reoccuring if you run a long term TV ad's but I would rather try this that give Dave another penny?

FLYLOW22 said:
AKA_trvlr64 said:

I'm sure the furloughed TWA employees just loved it too. It's probably equally as popular with the people of STL that now have to connect through a Ski Nazi hub to get anywhere from their home town.

Cheers.
So what's your point? Most PIT customers can't go anywhere without connecting through PHL or CLT now?

But once again Management has lies to us. Good old boy Dave B and Davey Lorenzo PROMISED all kinds of advertising once we exited BK. Has anyone seem anything? I know I haven't and live in the NYC area!

Flufdriver said:
I don't think you will ever see a TV ad for Us Airways...it may just produce income and then we will show a "Profit" and Dave WON'T be able to come to us for more.
US has never really done TV ads. The last one I saw was probably in around 2000 or so.

AKA_trvlr64 said:
FLYLOW22 said:
AKA_trvlr64 said:

Cheers.
So what's your point? Most PIT customers can't go anywhere without connecting through PHL or CLT now?
No point. Just reality my sweet. Just reality.

Latest posts