X-mas Eve In Res

I just finished working some major overtime. I feel embarrased and ashamed, both of the way the company is ill prepared, the way there is little communication because I guess the managers, VP's and those in charge seem to always seem to slink out of sight over a weekend or holiday, and the way some people think it's ok to screw over the customers.

I worked Thursday, Friday and most of the day on Saturday in Res. I spoke to the same lady three days in a row, she finally had it and wanted to go home (trip in vain). I don't know for sure that there is a sick out or not, I say that because I only see Flight crews when I nonrev, but why would anyone ever consider screwing over our passengers just to prove a point to management.

If this keeps up much longer I would not be suprised if they lock the doors before 2005 rolls on in.

I also heard other rumors that really shocked me, I won't spread them lest they not be true and take on a life of their own. If they are true I wish some people would stop to think about how many holidays were ruined this weekend, and how many people were affected negatively because of this fiasco. I spoke to a man who was stranded in PHL, he was going to Europe to see his father who was in the hospital and may pass away before he gets there. I'm sure we made an impression on him....

If someone were going to fly to Florida the day before the cruise, you may as well just drive!

I thought the whole point of flying was to save time?

JS said:
If someone were going to fly to Florida the day before the cruise, you may as well just drive!

I thought the whole point of flying was to save time?
[post="231868"][/post]​

Then drive. But flying in at the last minute from a Northeastern airport in the wintertime is just plain stupid because you have no idea what the weather will be like the day of departure. The stupidity and wanton ignorance of the American public never fails to amaze me.

It is truly unbelievable that people that fly on US still assume their flight will depart on time and their bags will arrive with them, and they will make their connecting flights or cruise ships with no problems. After all these years, how anyone can depend on US is remarkable.

Its one thing to be stupid and not allow for weather emergencies. It is another to be intentionally screwed by the people you trust with your money and your happiness.

Ever been to CDG and heard "social actions" (or whatever it is they call strikes) being announced over the PA system? Many experienced fliers avoid CDG for that reason. USairways workers are doing that to PHL. Who is hurt in the long run?

It makes me sad.

Winglet said:
Then drive. But flying in at the last minute from a Northeastern airport in the wintertime is just plain stupid because you have no idea what the weather will be like the day of departure. The stupidity and wanton ignorance of the American public never fails to amaze me.
[post="231905"][/post]​
I soooo look forward to asking you for some ketchup with my fries.

longing4piedmont said:
I soooo look forward to asking you for some ketchup with my fries.
[post="231958"][/post]​

Sorry, L4P, but it won't be me. Maybe one of your relatives. Hasn't anyone told you obesity is caused by eating fries dipped in a Republican vegetable.

Winglet said:
Sorry, L4P, but it won't be me. Maybe one of your relatives. Hasn't anyone told you obesity is caused by eating fries dipped in a Republican vegetable.
[post="231967"][/post]​

Last time I checked vegetables can't vote... unless you're from Chicago. ;)

Winglet said:
[post="231967"][/post]​

That's right, we had to stoop there; didn't we? Of course it's not mismanagement of the airline, or some misguided employees fault; it's the republicans fault. Blame it on the republicans; it's always our fault. If your car runs out of gas it's not because you were too STUPID or misguided to put gas in your tank; it's because the republicans didn't do it for you. If you're having hunger pangs it's not because you were too STUPID or hadn't been taught how to feed yourself; it's because the republicans didn't spoon feed your a$$! Need I go on? By all means, let's blame it on the republicans. Hell, it's always our fault.
The Lazarusman
FSA Lead
USAirways DFW

Actually I did not to intend to infer that Republicans had anything to do with it . . . although I am a former 30-year registered Republican, but resigned due to the current administration's miscalculations, gross lack of judgement and trade and immigration policies. It's just that I can't help seeing the word Catsup without thinking about the school lunch absurdity in the 80s.

Winglet said:
[post="231967"][/post]​

TheLazarusman said:
That's right, we had to stoop there; didn't we? Of course it's not mismanagement of the airline, or some misguided employees fault; it's the republicans fault. Blame it on the republicans; it's always our fault. If your car runs out of gas it's not because you were too STUPID or misguided to put gas in your tank; it's because the republicans didn't do it for you. If you're having hunger pangs it's not because you were too STUPID or hadn't been taught how to feed yourself; it's because the republicans didn't spoon feed your a$$! Need I go on? By all means, let's blame it on the republicans. Hell, it's always our fault.
The Lazarusman
FSA Lead
USAirways DFW
[post="232102"][/post]​

Winglet said:
Actually I did not to intend to infer that Republicans had anything to do with it . . . although I am a former 30-year registered Republican, but resigned due to the current administration's miscalculations, gross lack of judgement and trade and immigration policies. It's just that I can't help seeing the word Catsup without thinking about the school lunch absurdity in the 80s.
[post="232111"][/post]​

Well, silly! You're not supposed to resign when the party goes in a direction you don't agree with; especially after 30 years!!! You're supposed to dig in and try and make a change. I'm not partucularly fond of everything the current administration is doing; but that doesn't mean I'm going to become a demokraut. I can't look at a bottle of Catsup or Ketchup, or however you want to call it, without thinking that Kerry gets a buck for every bottle I buy. You gotta admire the man. He's a military veteran; and regardless of whether or not he deserved his Combat V, he's still a war hero. He's also a hero in my book for being smart enough to marry for money. Not just any man can pull that off. I just didn't want him as our Commander in Chief. But that is best saved for another thread. So if you weren't implying anything derogatory about Republicans, then I should withdraw my remarks about the ignorance of Democrats. We should return to a Tabula Rosa, and leave it at that. I apologize if I have taken your comments out of context.

The Lazarusman
FSA Lead
USAirways DFW

Latest posts