Trip report LAX-PIT

HomeToPIT

Aug 12, 2004
I've been lurking around here for a year or two and felt I had to finally add something. This post was going to start off as a trip report for a recent LAX-PIT flight but as I thought about it, my mind is taken it to a more general level.

I've been flying USAir since 1982 and have always felt a bit proud of it being the hometown airline. All of the ups and downs of the past few years have caused me to flirt with other carriers but never divorce. I recently traveled to LAX via ORD on United and return was on USAir.

The plane may have been a little cleaner on United and I didn't have to listen to the FA's hawk credit cards on United, and I even got a message on my cell phone that their PIT-ORD flight was going to be delayed. A lot of these little things can add up and at first blush, many people like me may prefer United.

But...add in the people of USAir and the balance shifts a lot! From the friendly and helpful folks on the Chairman's line to the great gate agent at LAX (I didn't get his name) He handled my questions like a pro and had a great attitude. Since it was so crowded at gate 12 that day I had to kind of hand off to the side and overheard his interactions with passengers. He answered the same mundane questions over and over again with a smile. Great job!

And during the flight, the BOS based crew even made an announcement midflight to update us on the Steeler game. A BOS based crew! I think if it was a PIT based crew, they would have even recited each play. Again, great job!

I just wanted to say thank you as a passenger. Every business has inept and lazy employees, and I've met a few on USAir, but overwhelmingly...you folks are great. I give my business to the companies that make me feel comfortable, and I feel that way about USAir.

Take care and happy trails.

Home to Pit,

First of all welcome to US Aviation and a great first post. You hit the nail on the head here--it's the people of US Airways, who despite all they have been through, are the reason many of us are still around. These are some of the finest folks in this industry, and they earn our business every single day.

I can only suggest that you let the front line employees know how you feel--directly and with the employee recognition cards which come in your Chairmans package.

My best to you all.....

I've been lurking around here for a year or two and felt I had to finally add something. This post was going to start off as a trip report for a recent LAX-PIT flight but as I thought about it, my mind is taken it to a more general level.

I've been flying USAir since 1982 and have always felt a bit proud of it being the hometown airline. All of the ups and downs of the past few years have caused me to flirt with other carriers but never divorce. I recently traveled to LAX via ORD on United and return was on USAir.

The plane may have been a little cleaner on United and I didn't have to listen to the FA's hawk credit cards on United, and I even got a message on my cell phone that their PIT-ORD flight was going to be delayed. A lot of these little things can add up and at first blush, many people like me may prefer United.

But...add in the people of USAir and the balance shifts a lot! From the friendly and helpful folks on the Chairman's line to the great gate agent at LAX (I didn't get his name) He handled my questions like a pro and had a great attitude. Since it was so crowded at gate 12 that day I had to kind of hand off to the side and overheard his interactions with passengers. He answered the same mundane questions over and over again with a smile. Great job!

And during the flight, the BOS based crew even made an announcement midflight to update us on the Steeler game. A BOS based crew! I think if it was a PIT based crew, they would have even recited each play. Again, great job!

I just wanted to say thank you as a passenger. Every business has inept and lazy employees, and I've met a few on USAir, but overwhelmingly...you folks are great. I give my business to the companies that make me feel comfortable, and I feel that way about USAir.

Take care and happy trails.

Thanks for the support. Your letter sounds real sincere and I appreciate your honesty. With the right managment, which I do believe we have now, the skys the limit! :up:

Latest posts