" Year In Review "

Aug 20, 2002
(Also from flagship news)

"YEAR IN REVIEW"

MARCH

"American reaches tentative agreements with it's unions and awaits employee ratification. Congress considers bills to aid the airline industry, and employees visit Washington, D.C., meeting with members of Congress. Senator Hutchinson says, "We need to have something... for aviation. If the airlines cut costs and do their part, Congress should do it's part as well"

Question.

I "VAGUELY" remember something about a guy named "CARTY", in March/2003 !!!

I "VAGUELY" remember something about a guy named CARTY "RESIGNING" under a cloud("TORNADO"), of controversy, in March/2003 !!!

Does ANYONE have a "suggestion" as to why the CARTY things were BLATENTLY omitted by the "Good ol' boys in HDQ", in the (March/2003) "year in review" ?????

NH/BB's

Which do you think would look better? "Carty quits amid scandelous circumstances" or the few good things that did happen in March?
Personaly, Carty is behind us and we need to look toward the future.
Time to stop the muckraking NH/BB and work on making things better not worse.

planemech669 said:
Which do you think would look better? "Carty quits amid scandelous circumstances" or the few good things that did happen in March?
planemech669;
What "few" good things ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

NH/BB's

planemech669 said:
planemech669,
Before we can "look to the future", if, with this friggin' company, it's ever possible, we have to "forgive, and forget"

A little example.

What has gone on at AA with it's employees, is a lot like WARS, that the US has been involved in.

Over time, we forgave the Japs/Pearl Harbor.

Over time, we forgave the Vietnamese/Vietnam War

(IMHO) WE WILL NEVER FORGIVE BIN LADEN/911 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you "catch my drift", planemech669 ??????????????????????

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
What has gone on at AA with it's employees, is a lot like WARS, that the US has been involved in.
If you're trying to say that being an AA employee the past two and a half years is in any way, shape, or form similiar to being stationed at Pearl Harbor on Dec 7th, 1941, you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

It hasn't been a picnic working for AA lately, but nowhere near drowning on the USS Arizona or being tortured at the 'Hanoi Hilton'.

As for your original question, Carty's gone. Most of us are trying to move forward. I'd say the 'good 'ol boys' are trying to move on as well.

mjk said:
If you're trying to say that being an AA employee the past two and a half years is in any way, shape, or form similiar to being stationed at Pearl Harbor on Dec 7th, 1941, you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

It hasn't been a picnic working for AA lately, but nowhere near drowning on the USS Arizona or being tortured at the 'Hanoi Hilton'.

As for your original question, Carty's gone. Most of us are trying to move forward. I'd say the 'good 'ol boys' are trying to move on as well.
mjk;
Your right.
Working for a miserable company is NOT anything like "life or death".

(Now my turn)

"IF" your telling us that your an AA employee with 2 1/2 years seniority, than that would "barely" qualify you to even know who (the DON) Carty was, let alone "FANG"(uncle Bobby Crandall). In turn, you could never know what union folks who were around during Crandall's tenure, had to put up with as far as fighting for "every last dime" for wages(during many contracts).

I guess what I'm saying is, "You never miss what YOU NEVER had" :angry:

NH/BB's

mjk said:

You were not in NY.

From our ramp, whether in JFK, LGA or EWR, we saw the Towers explode, then later collapse and weeks later an A-300 flip over and crash across the bay. With thousands dead I'd say it was comparable to Pearl Harbor.

Certainly more than anything down in Spurs country.

Back