Yellow Tag Pulled Because Of The Cockroach Tag?

tadjr said:
Why not just pile all the priority tags on top of each other (starting from one side) then when you get to the belt, start unloading the cart from that end and most (if not all) of the priority tags should come off first. I think many times, the guys pull up and just start dumping from the back of the cart without even thinking about the priority tags all loaded together "at the front" of the cart. I've watched our guys do it and it depends on who is offloading as to whether they do it the correct way, so it CAN be done with a minute degree of effort.
[post="293654"][/post]​

I don't know how it's possible for your guys to start unloading from the back of the cart when there are bags in front of them, physically impossible. As I said, no two offloads are the same. Sometimes you can get priority bags seperated, and other times they're just not priority.

D M G,

How would you like to be on the other end of this call, one after the other, everyday of every week:

Passenger: Have you found my damn bag yet?
Agent: May I have your claim number?
Passenger: What's that? They gave me a piece of paper.

2 - 3 minutes pass while trying to explain where they can find the 6 character locator.

Agent: I'm sorry there is not an update in your claim at this point.
Passenger: What the hell!....This happens everytime I connect in PHL.

5 - 7 minutes of listening to previous PHL horror stories.

Agent: I am sorry for the delay in locating your bags.
Passenger: Well I would keep screaming but we both know it 's "PHL" so I'm sorry I screamed at you. #$@%$@#%$@#&^

Until certain PHL FSA's that are slacking off puts up or shuts up, get over it. I have a hard time believing that all PHL FSA do this but there is a large group that are not doing the job and it is really killing you guys. Agents are booking passengers through CLT and PIT to keep from going through PHL. You need to find out who they are are straighten them out.

D M G said:
I don't know how it's possible for your guys to start unloading from the back of the cart when there are bags in front of them, physically impossible. As I said, no two offloads are the same. Sometimes you can get priority bags seperated, and other times they're just not priority.
[post="293734"][/post]​

No, you have the front of the cart where the tongue is, and the back of the cart where the hook is for the cart behind it. You unload the "priority" bags and stack them all against the front (the way the cart is being pulled) end of the cart until you have them all stacked on top of each other. Then you unload all the rest of the bags (not stacking them on the priority bags) until you get done with that cart, then start the next. When you show up at the claim belt to start unloading, you go to the front of the first cart where the priority bags are and unload them first before starting to unload any of the regular bags behind them. It really isnt that difficult and I know personally it can be done if someone is interested in doing things the way they should be done (And it doesnt take a whole lot of effort or extra energy to do it right). All the bags have to come off the cart anyway. :shock: :rolleyes:

Maybe it is not being done because you have only three people working a flight when it should be five to six.

tadjr's idea is good up to a point.

The hubs are supposed to segregate the priority bags, so that when the flight terminates, they can be put in one place, on one cart.

NEVER, NEVER HAPPENS. They are scattered throughout the bins.

So, assuming a Boeing or Airbi with bags out both bins, you can still load the priorities on the forward end of each cart (this gets trickier in low vis - the ramp I worked was pretty dark after sundown!)

The problem arises in the bag room. US safety policy is four carts can be towed at a time. Frequently, we fill up those 4 carts, and sometimes plus some.

In our bag room, only two carts would fit alongside the up-belt. So there are carts nowhere near the belt with priority tags, plus there may be even more bags from the flight enroute.

We did the best we could, but it would have been simpler if the upline station had segregated these bags and put in the remarks section "Priority bags loaded F1".

tadjr said:
No, you have the front of the cart where the tongue is, and the back of the cart where the hook is for the cart behind it.
[post="293778"][/post]​

Ok, I misunderstood you then. If I have someone pull a bag from a loaded freight cart and tell them it's in the "back" they won't go to the back of the cart as you describe it, they'll go to the row of bags that are in back of the forward row of bags. What you described is called the "side" of the cart as you're standing loading/unloading it, here in PHL anyway.

Put 10 priority bags on one side of a freight cart and 40 other bags in the same cart. Good luck pulling the 10 bags out first, past the carts curtain...not gonna happen. This doesn't even take into account the bags shifting during the downhill drive to baggage claim, and this is only one scenerio.

Do we have FSA that won't do their job correctly, absolutely. Will Management ever do anything to these FSA that don't deserve to be working for the company, absolutely not.

PineyBob said:
so the question now is why isn't it being done? And since it can be done why isn't management doing what management is SUPPOSED to do? Monitor, Direct & Inspect employee performance.
[post="293786"][/post]​

Post #17 of this thread you said "I don't give a Fat Rat's Arse the reason why", but now you're asking "why".

You don't know what you want.

D M G said:
Post #17 of this thread you said "I don't give a Fat Rat's Arse the reason why", but now you're asking "why".

You don't know what you want.
[post="293945"][/post]​

Sorry, DMG, Bob, as a CP, and myself, as a GP, have a right to ask "why" as this is a promised perk of being a preferred. Why can't our bags come out first at our destination?

Granted, since few of us will check a bag anymore unless positively necessary, this is a moot point. Still, we should not have to make such decisions. If you (or someone at CCY) could answer that question "Why can't you make this work?", then why make this a promise to us. I know the few times I've had to do it, I'm usually on express flights and the wait isn't typically too long, so it doesn't matter. However, for folks like Bob, Art or dukeman that return to PHL or LGA, it is a big deal.

jimcfs said:
Sorry, DMG, Bob, as a CP, and myself, as a GP, have a right to ask "why" as this is a promised perk of being a preferred. Why can't our bags come out first at our destination?
[post="293956"][/post]​

I'm not questioning anyones right to ask "why", I simply pointed out the fact that Bob had contradicted himself in this thread (post #17 & #42). Don't tell me you "don't give a Fat Rat's Arse the reason why" and then a few posts later say "so the question now is why isn't it being done".

tadjr said:
No, you have the front of the cart where the tongue is, and the back of the cart where the hook is for the cart behind it. You unload the "priority" bags and stack them all against the front (the way the cart is being pulled) end of the cart until you have them all stacked on top of each other. Then you unload all the rest of the bags (not stacking them on the priority bags) until you get done with that cart, then start the next. When you show up at the claim belt to start unloading, you go to the front of the first cart where the priority bags are and unload them first before starting to unload any of the regular bags behind them. It really isnt that difficult and I know personally it can be done if someone is interested in doing things the way they should be done (And it doesnt take a whole lot of effort or extra energy to do it right). All the bags have to come off the cart anyway. :shock: :rolleyes:
[post="293778"][/post]​

I think this priority tag issue may go the way of the oxygen bottles, connecting UMs, etc. AWA had the same thing once but it was a big tag with "First Class" on it.

The tag is Star Priority tag and is supposed to be used on all First/Business class customers bags. Not sure if they can not use it with regard to the Star Alliance. It really shouldnt be as difficult as its made to seem. All the bags should be loaded and unloaded on the flight and these have a big orangeish/red Star Alliance Priority bag tag sticking out from the regular bag tag. It isnt like they have to be decoded to figure out what they are or searched for on the bag.....

tadjr said:
The tag is Star Priority tag and is supposed to be used on all First/Business class customers bags. Not sure if they can not use it with regard to the Star Alliance. It really shouldnt be as difficult as its made to seem. All the bags should be loaded and unloaded on the flight and these have a big orangeish/red Star Alliance Priority bag tag sticking out from the regular bag tag. It isnt like they have to be decoded to figure out what they are or searched for on the bag.....
[post="294053"][/post]​

Okay, I saw one today and now get the drift. Sure would be nice to see that waste of good tree leave.

PineyBob said:
Well then it's STILL a management issue isn't it? I mean Jeezus H Keyrist with all of that "Business Acumen" floating around CCY you'd think a solution would be coming in nanosecond.

Only question regarding staffing is this. How come there were baggage "Issues" prior to 9/11 and the subsequent BK proceedings? When I did my little test PHL was still pretty well staffed. I was after 9/11 but prior to the first BK.
[post="293815"][/post]​

Piney, I was furloughed from US after 9/11 and went to work for a competitor. While there, I was involved with the safety audit team and went to different airports to monitor the safety of the station. The one thing that really stuck out to me was that in training we were taught that if there was a safety issue, we were to trace back how and why things happened. Our answer was to work back and always come out the same - it was upper management's fault. If we turned in any other finding, we had not done our job. I always thought that it was really refreshing to be able to put all blame on upper management where 99 % of the time it really belongs.

Latest posts