Your tax Dollars in action!

Ms Tree said:
You still don't get it do you tree? --------- It's not "how many" they took! But the excessive cost associated with them!
"By one accounting, as of last July the Obamas had spent more than $44.4 million in taxpayer money on travel for 31 international trips lasting 119 days. For comparison, at the same point in his presidency Ronald Reagan had made 14 trips lasting 73 days.
You may recall Michele Obama's controversial trip with friends to Spain's luxury Costa del Sol in 2010 at a time when the U.S. unemployment rate was 9.5% on the way to 9.8%. And President Obama's $1 trillion economic stimulus package had yet to kick in. Of course, it's still yet to kick in."

http://www.ourmidland.com/opinion/letters/bush-s-vacations-costly/article_5085f00d-273d-5fc4-98e0-807933cf9e74.html

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, Texas. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights

+

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_trips_made_by_the_President_of_the_United_States#President_George_W._Bush

Reactions: 1 person
Ms Tree said:

As of March 2014, Obama has spent more time traveling internationally than any other president, taking 31 trips since assuming office in 2009. The 119 days spent overseas have cost taxpayers millions of dollars.
At the same point in their respective presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 116 days on 28 trips, Bill Clinton had spent 113 days on 27 trips and Ronald Reagan had spent 73 days on just 14 trips.
In 2010, Obama flew aboard Air Force One 172 times, nearly every other day. Just the cost of flying aboard Air Force One to Obama’s hometown of Chicago reportedly hovers around $180,000 per hour.

MCI transplant said:
But Bush isn't POTUS any longer. The obemas still have two more years of spending our money a head of them!!!!
You are making the claim that Obama has spent $44 million in travel expenses.  I assume you are saying that this is a lot of money.  If that is correct I think it fair to make a comparison to previous presidents.  Assuming the $20 million for just the use of AF1 is correct, then add the 140 days of travel on to that along with all the staff, SS, press cost for all the TX trips I think it will exceed the $44 million.  Granted that Obama still has 2 more years to catch up but it seems that the $40+ million seems to be pretty average at least so far.

Personally I'd like to see Camp David shut down.  Spouses should not be allowed on AF1.  AF1 should be treated as a business jet.  Being POTUS is a job.  Needs to be treated as such.  Congress needs to be viewed the same way.

That is a dream, we are in reality and the reality is that presidents travel and we pay.  I guess we will find out who traveled more when 2016 rolls around.  I doubt there will be much of a difference.

OK,OK,OK.....I got the Demorat Libtard responses.lined up!

1. Your a racist!
2. It's Bush's Fault!
3. You don't believe people should be given "Free Stuff" at taxpayers expense!

And the conservative repose is to deny the facts when . I was going to say that it was funny that you did not address the costs that Bush ran up while in office but actually ... not surprising.

Tree, you you keep pointing to Bush, and not the problem at hand! The bottom line here is two wrongs don't make a right! ------ It's not "O.K." for Michell to go on pointless Junkets with Mama, and her friends, at our expense, just for her personal gratification! But it would seem this is one perk she is milking to the max!

Ms Tree said:
And the conservative repose is to deny the facts when . I was going to say that it was funny that you did not address the costs that Bush ran up while in office but actually ... not surprising.

Here's a thought.

How many months of food stamp equals 44 Million Dollars? Taking an average of $175 a month for a single person works out to 250,000 months of Food Stamps. Obama's spendthrift ways are literally taking food out of people's mouths.  

Imagine, a Democrat that would let children starve so he can ride in luxury. When did Obama become a Republican? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODHBdEAfdwk

[="MCI transplant" post="1159528" timestamp="1427467027"]Tree, you you keep pointing to Bush, and not the problem at hand! The bottom line here is two wrongs don't make a right! ------ It's not "O.K." for Michell to go on pointless Junkets with Mama, and her friends, at our expense, just for her personal gratification! But it would seem this is one perk she is milking to the max![/quote]

Ah. Now we are getting somewhere. Bush was wrong to spend however much he spent and Obama is also wrong to spend the money he is spending. Both are wrong yet very little was said about the previous wrong.

If I see my a fellow employees doing something in full view of our managers why should I not believe I can do the same.

As I pointed out above. I believe what Obama is doing is wrong. You have not acknowledged until now in a round about way that what Bush did was wrong also and that BOTH need to stop so the next president will not do it as well.

You are making the claim that Obama has spent $44 million in travel expenses.  I assume you are saying that this is a lot of money.  If that is correct I think it fair to make a comparison to previous presidents.  Assuming the $20 million for just the use of AF1 is correct, then add the 140 days of travel on to that along with all the staff, SS, press cost for all the TX trips I think it will exceed the $44 million.  Granted that Obama still has 2 more years to catch up but it seems that the $40+ million seems to be pretty average at least so far.
Really? I wonder how much it cost us when the Clintons used the aircraft for her political campaign. Maybe it was filed under "VACATION"!

Obama's term isn't over yet, so we don't know the grand total, and I'm guessing it will go above the average!

What kills me about figures in general is that they never say the spending power of the dollars spent at the time compared with the present. The dollar buying power isn't as strong as it was 10 years ago.