Michelle Obama's Possee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure how we got on this 'proud' BS. I disagree with the conservative interpretation of what Ms Obama said.

I guess I do not understand how someone can be proud of something that they had nothing to do with. I am proud of my slate floor because I laid it and it came out pretty good. I am proud of my self because I was able to change out a glow plug on my wife's diesel which involved removing the intake manifold and other components which I had never done before. I am impressed with the actions of the rescue personal during the aftermath of 9/11.

I think I understand the intent of this 'proud' argument and I do not believe it is a fixed opinion nor is it black and white. There are days when I am 'proud' of this country and it's actions and there are days when I am not 'proud'. Just as there are times when a parent is proud of their child and others when they are not. Not everything this country does is just or right. We as a nation have behaved in both moral and immoral ways in the past as I am sure we will do in the future.

As for Obamas statement, how many times have you said that "I have never been this happy.... " or "I have never been this full ...." or something along those lines. I know I have and it's more f a figure of speech. At lease it is for me. When I read the rest of what she said, her being proud was based on something else happening. It's a free country. Believe what you want. In the grand scheme of things, this comment means nothing.

I am not sure how we got on this 'proud' BS. I disagree with the conservative interpretation of what Ms Obama said.

I guess I do not understand how someone can be proud of something that they had nothing to do with. I am proud of my slate floor because I laid it and it came out pretty good. I am proud of my self because I was able to change out a glow plug on my wife's diesel which involved removing the intake manifold and other components which I had never done before. I am impressed with the actions of the rescue personal during the aftermath of 9/11.

I think I understand the intent of this 'proud' argument and I do not believe it is a fixed opinion nor is it black and white. There are days when I am 'proud' of this country and it's actions and there are days when I am not 'proud'. Just as there are times when a parent is proud of their child and others when they are not. Not everything this country does is just or right. We as a nation have behaved in both moral and immoral ways in the past as I am sure we will do in the future.

As for Obamas statement, how many times have you said that "I have never been this happy.... " or "I have never been this full ...." or something along those lines. I know I have and it's more f a figure of speech. At lease it is for me. When I read the rest of what she said, her being proud was based on something else happening. It's a free country. Believe what you want. In the grand scheme of things, this comment means nothing.

Oh bruuuuuutha, another half baked excuse ala "depends on what the meaning of is..is"?

No I did not. ORD did on post #22 as a response to the fact that Obama only had a marginally more expensive staff than Bush did. His original argument was invalid so he fell back on the 'proud' BS.

No I did not. ORD did on post #22 as a response to the fact that Obama only had a marginally more expensive staff than Bush did. His original argument was invalid so he fell back on the 'proud' BS.
so what does staff have to do with your comments made..

you.. yourself labeled BS?

Status
Not open for further replies.