15-day countdown to strike, night of Aug. 15

Robbed, what does a four to six digit figure amount to in your mind? You are assuming I make somewhere between $1000 and $999,999 per year? I guess that's a pretty safe guess.

I would hope that it at least breaks the 5 figure mark; if you're topped out at $9999/year, perhaps you'll need to think your new position. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It doesn't matter what a corrupt judge says. NWA has abbrogated it's contract with the NWA F/A's. They are now basically "at will" employees. The AFA needs to quit stalling and call a strike immediately. The AFA raided the PFAA on a campaign that they would bring leadership to the NWA F/A's. If the AFA doesn't shove the judge's ruling back in his/her face, it will be "PATCO" all over again and all unions will suffer. The time to act is now, not 15 days from now! The AFA needs to quit working for airline management(like at USAIR,UNITED) and start working for the people who pay the dues!

You know, it was your friends at PFAA who agreed to the 15 day notice to strike provision. So why are you blaming AFA?

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='402641' date='Aug 2 2006, 01:05 PM']Hello??? The airline industry is NOT the "real world."

Just remember, we are all "living the dream!" NOT![/quote]

I was speaking of "real world" airline negotiations. There are MANY precedents, (TWA vs IFFA- Supreme Court) comes to mind. If it wasn't in the last offer, it shouldn't be imposed. The AFA has a big enough legal team to take that on.

Just because a tentative agreement is brought to the membership, it doesn't mean that the union is in favor of the terms. It is one way of taking the pulse of the members. This is one time that EVERY voting member needs to take the time to cast their vote. Careers can depend on the vote. Apathy can be very costly in this situation.

Again, best of luck to the NWA f/as.

Yeah, great strategy AFA has shown recently. They put perfume on a pig(tentative agreement that was shot down by 80%) and sent it back the NWA membership calling it a beautifull swann....

...All the AFA is doing by giving NWA a 15 day notice is allowing Doug Stealin time to hire PTO back as a scab flight attendant.

Princess: I've gotta hand it to ya. You had me in stitches (no pun intended) in a doctor's office this morning, when I ran across this...too rich! :D

Princess: I've gotta hand it to ya. You had me in stitches (no pun intended) in a doctor's office this morning, when I ran across this...too rich! :D

Agree...the mental picture of PTO is just too much: Anyone else picturing 'Larry the Cable Guy" in an ill-fitting NWA FA uniform (with the sleeves ripped out, of course!)?

This could turn out to be a major battle between labor and management of some conflicting areas of law. The question also comes to mind, could the President step in? If we go with one theory that the RLA process has been bypassed by the Bankrupcy, then he would have no authority. I can't see the present administration admiting they did not have control of the situation. Another question, does the bankrupcy judge have the authority to enforce RLA law. Supposedly, that is the sole authority of the NMB. I think Vegas should be giving odds.

From a theorical point of view, this is very interesting. The practical side holds tens-of-thousands livelyhood and lives in the balance. I wish only the best to the employees, families and vendors serving NW.

That's just it! The PFAA is gone so why is the AFA helping NWA management by giving NWA 15 day's notice of a strike?

Princess I think the AFA will continue to bend over for the man until the membership votes it in. Sorry to be so crude to a lady, but that is the way I feel. This is typical of an afl-cio union,just as the twu,iam and many many more have done in the past. A perfect example of how the afl-cio cares more about it self and the dues than repesenting labor is how they were common cowards during the PATCO STRIKE. After all this was the start of the down fall of labor in the 80's under the Reagan regime. It's all about the dues and not the representation.

I asked this on another thread but received no answer....

To the NWA FAs: Have you lost the ability to honor a legal picket line???

If that is still in your contract and wasn't the subject of any of the recent TAs, then if they try to stall with some legal maneuvering, just honor the AMFA picket line!

Its part of your existing contract!or is it??? :unsure:

I asked this on another thread but received no answer....
To the NWA FAs: Have you lost the ability to honor a legal picket line???
If that is still in your contract and wasn't the subject of any of the recent TAs, then if they try to stall with some legal maneuvering, just honor the AMFA picket line!

Its part of your existing contract!or is it??? :unsure:
ThirdSeatHero;
I think it is clear that no other union on the property will honor the AMFA picket line...They all had the chance and not one of them took part. We had/have a lot of sympathy employees,(which is nice, but does not help our cause) no other union will do it. Its a shame, I also think this is what has Necro questioning. Why wouldn't unions honor union picket lines. It is amazing...makes you wonder whats the point in having unions. Unions have become big business (its all about the numbers and money)not solidarity, brotherhood, sisterhood, even tho they would like their members to think it is. JMHO

ThirdSeatHero;
I think it is clear that no other union on the property will honor the AMFA picket line...They all had the chance and not one of them took part. We had/have a lot of sympathy employees,(which is nice, but does not help our cause) no other union will do it. Its a shame, I also think this is what has Necro questioning. Why wouldn't unions honor union picket lines. It is amazing...makes you wonder whats the point in having unions. Unions have become big business (its all about the numbers and money)not solidarity, brotherhood, sisterhood, even tho they would like their members to think it is. JMHO
Refresh my memory, when he technicians were on strike did the F/A's honor the picket line???? I think not :down:

Latest posts

Back