2014 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pi brat said:
Really? Do you have to be a douche bag about everything? I get that you don't like USAPA and the actions of east pilots over the Nic. Really, I do. But we have a lot of committee members that try to stay non-political and do a lot of work for us. Can't you drop it for a day?

The day is up.

Yes, I would put it this way, I don't like the actions and I agree there are decent people working for various committees.

I'm ready to move on to AA much like Parker with his acknowledgement of our union leadership with no mention of those who are departing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKKmz3xwN4E&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: 5 people
jcw said:
If all the 767's are gone by April - what flying to Europe is being cut for next summer
Is this a signal that movement up the east list is over? If 767's are parked and replaced with AA airframes/crews, we're looking at moving back down the list or at best stagnation due to the attrition off the top. And now that AA is hiring for needs at all three 'divisions', we might conclude that the east division may shrink.
Anybody out there know about new a/c deliveries and what the fleet count (and crew manning requirements)  is projected to be next year?
If the ISL is as far down the road as some on here predict, then some of us better make plans to be reserves for a while longer....
Cheers.

Reactions: 2 people
autofixer said:
I'm pretty sure "Replaced withh AA airfames/crews" is a violation of the MOU.  But one never knows...
From the MOU

8. The protections in this Paragraph begin on the Effective Date and last until the earlier of eighteen (18) months after US Airways and the New American Airlines obtain a single operating certificate, or the date on which a JCBA and integrated seniority list are in effect. From the Effective Date until the effective date of the JCBA, the terms and conditions of employment of the New American Airlines and US Airways pilots shall be governed by the MTA.

autofixer said:
I'm pretty sure "Replaced withh AA airfames/crews" is a violation of the MOU.  But one never knows...
I also believe that to be true. I do not see the East shrinking. The retirements are going to keep the list moving up regardless of the 767 pull down. I believe the 330 additions will replace them. Those 76 hulls are tired.

there are no more A330's coming - no more on order the next batch of wide bodies for east are the A350's

If you take the two South American routes that have ended that is 3 767's there - what other routes are on the chopping block?  CLT to MAD?

Reactions: 1 person
PullUp said:
Is this a signal that movement up the east list is over? If 767's are parked and replaced with AA airframes/crews, we're looking at moving back down the list or at best stagnation due to the attrition off the top. And now that AA is hiring for needs at all three 'divisions', we might conclude that the east division may shrink.
Anybody out there know about new a/c deliveries and what the fleet count (and crew manning requirements)  is projected to be next year?
If the ISL is as far down the road as some on here predict, then some of us better make plans to be reserves for a while longer....
Cheers.
There are 154 capt slots total for clt and phl. The 76's are 30% of the total 75/76 fleet.
So loosing around 46 capt slots. Retirements from september 14 to april 14 are projected at approx 150. These are approx numbers and all retirements do not come from top of the list.

All in all, ot much stagnation created. Just a blip.... 350's start in 17.

jcw said:
there are no more A330's coming - no more on order the next batch of wide bodies for east are the A350's

If you take the two South American routes that have ended that is 3 767's there - what other routes are on the chopping block?  CLT to MAD?
Not that I know anything, but why would CLT- MAD not go to a 330?  MAD is a One World hub with connections. 330s are starting to go into the paint shop & heavy maintenance this winter.  It seems this is pretty timely and maybe not a big deal?    

jcw said:

CLT-MAD going away is highly unlikely since Iberia is the big thirdworld hub.  It is extremely unlikely that there will be 2 each from CLT and PHL to FRA next summer, since there are no StarAlliance connection opportunities with Lufthansa.  Not that I think it will happen, but I think we would see CLT-FRA dropped completely before CLT-MAD.  

Which European destinations are served by 767s now that cannot be served by 757s?  ZRH?  The suspension of the South American service will allow the A330 to pick up ZRH.  Is there anything else that cannot be served by the 757 (that doesn't already have A330 service)?

The persistent rumor is that PH-TLV will soon be serviced by AA 777s.  It's certainly more suited to the mission than the A330.  That would free up two more A330s if it actually happens.

East Permanent Bid 14-06

Today the Company published Permanent Base Bid 14-06 for the East pilots. A copy is attached to this update and is also posted on the USAPA Web site and Wings. It is a one-month bid – effective for November 2014, and it will open today Friday, August 22nd and close Tuesday night, September 2nd, 2014 at 23:30 Eastern time.

The primary bid drivers are:

A330: Decrease lines in PHL and CLT for seasonal schedule
B76I: Increase lines in CLT and decrease lines in PHL for seasonal schedule
A320: Increase lines in CLT for fall schedule and decrease lines in DCA. PHL no change
E190: Increase lines in PHL for seasonal
Net headcount decrease of 17 pilots (unfilled retirements and medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.