2015 AMT Discussion

Glenn Quagmire said:
Who gives him a negative rep for that post. Some of you just do that for nothing.

I disagree with 700UW on many things, but I will agree to disagree.

Some here just seem to put a red mark on anything he posts. Hell, he could wish you happy birthday and you would down vote it.

He does have some good knowledge and adds to the conversation, good or bad. He is not a troll like some here.
Marc Maron calls those sorts of people "unf***able hate-nerds."

We have a few that fit that description on this site.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
That is not what he said.

He said to people that never worked avionics, avionics is nothing more than replacing a box. Meaning to people that don't do it, they don't understand the complexity of it.

He was saying that people that represent others should understand things from the perspective of the people they represent.
A little perspective all around would go a long way...

Kev3188 said:
I don't think that what he's trying to say.
At the risk of putting words in Duke's mouth, try reading it like this:
"To people that have never worked avionics, it may seem like nothing more than replacing a box."
Seems like a good time to remind everyone that /all/ work has value. It's not just smashing bags, slinging cokes, or replacing a box...
I believe you are correct about his intent. I sort of got the ball rolling against him with my misinterpretation of what he said, sorry Duke.

2ndGENAMT said:
I believe you are correct about his intent. I sort of got the ball rolling against him with my misinterpretation of what he said, sorry Duke.
No problem, thanks to kev for explaining my point. I have nothing but respect for avionics guys. I also think sheet metal guys are mechanics with an artistic quality.

How many hours a day do these guys actually meet? Because for sure they do not meet all day Friday they are running to get home! They show all these weeks that they are meeting but how much is face to face compared to breaking off in there own little meetings?

The word was that Jim Weel left the negotiations so he could join Isom and Seymour at the DFW town hall in the hangar.  It was about 10PM I was told so it looks like they're staying with it pretty late in the evening.  Not sure though just kind of speculating.

paul1 said:
How many hours a day do these guys actually meet? Because for sure they do not meet all day Friday they are running to get home! They show all these weeks that they are meeting but how much is face to face compared to breaking off in there own little meetings?
The company and union need to be locked into the room till they hammer it all out. They need to stop playing games on both sides plus the company needs to kick glass out

Heard that the other day, Isom and his entourage showed up at DWH for a town hall meeting.  When Isom & Co walked into the area where the event was to take place, all the AMTs got up, and walked out.  The only people left were administrative staff; as a result, the meeting was cancelled.  I guess the boys are not buying into the BS the company is pushing.  Total lack of effort in negotiations to get a TA.  Company still dragging it's feet. 

Vortilon said:
Heard that the other day, Isom and his entourage showed up at DWH for a town hall meeting.  When Isom & Co walked into the area where the event was to take place, all the AMTs got up, and walked out.  The only people left were administrative staff; as a result, the meeting was cancelled.  I guess the boys are not buying into the BS the company is pushing.  Total lack of effort in negotiations to get a TA.  Company still dragging it's feet.
Well... if this is true, a big shout out of congratulations to the folks at DWH!!!

Every AMT around the system needs to do this as the "we want to give you guys a raise but the association is holding up negotiations" shtick is getting old. Any sensible person knows that negotiations will drag on as long as the company and investors have nothing to lose. AMT day is May 24th this year. If you think not partaking in the company sponsored meal in the past has gotten the company's attention then you aren't paying attention.

Vortilon said:

That is SO rude.

Send that guy over this way to PIT or CLT.  We would never treat management that way.  The boys over here would be fighting to be the first to polish his shoes, or maybe give the private corporate jet he flew in on a good interior cleaning.

Things always look a little more rosy when you are sick with Stockholm Syndrome. 

Vortilon said:
I hope this is true.

hats off to the DWH peeps. We are all tired of the "we want to give you money but its your union holding everything up"
Tell them to come back when we aren't making 1990 wages. Maybe then we can give a better reception....

Very nice show of unity in DWH. The rest of the system needs to do the same so the asso. can get a clue.  The asso. needs to open their eys and ears to the membership maybe this is a start.  Nice show of solidarity by the DWH folks, now let's see if it can be repeated thru-out the system.

Association get a clue?

They walked out on the company, not the association.

The Assocation knows how the members feel.

But once again you a WN employee blames the Association and not management , but yet at WN you blame management not AMFA.

Double standard much?

How's those AMFA negotiations going?

Back