2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US Airline Pilots Association (USAPA) claims that national security is at risk after an US Airways employee leaked the personal information of 3,000 pilots.

The pilots' union claims it has been working with the FBI since November 2010 to determine the true extent of the breach, which US Airways has only recently acknowledged.

The leaked database included pilots' names, addresses, Social Security numbers and possibly even passport details.

The information happened to be leaked to a third-party group with the intention to undermine USAPA's position in negotiations with US Airways.

"US Airways pilots are infuriated at the data breach perpetuated by a management official of the company for which they work," said Mike Cleary, president of USAPA.

"We believe the unauthorized access to this confidential information may pose a direct threat to national security, our represented pilots' safety, and their professional standing," Cleary wrote in a letter to the Transportation Security Administration, the Federal Aviation Administration and the FBI.

This is because leaked passport information can be coupled with the other personal details to forge a pilot's identity and potentially obtain access to commercial flights.

Since the true extent of the breach is not yet known and because US Airways demonstrated its inability to keep sensitive data secure, the pilots are also concerned about information the company has on their family members.

US Airways claims it received assurances from the group which has the information that it will not be abused, something which USAPA doesn't believe and considers ludicrous.

The union also condemns the airline for failing to take remedial action against the employee responsible for the breach and to offer identity theft protection to the affected pilots.

"The union is also extremely disappointed by the Company’s lack of aggressive action to address this issue, first denying that a significant breach had even occurred, then equivocating concerning the extent of that breach [...]," USAPA's president concluded.

SHARE TWEET SHARE SUBSCRIBE
#US Airline Pilots Association#data breach#information leak#commercial pilots#US Airways

Hot right now · Latest news
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.17 Could Launch This Week
Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.17 Could Launch This Week
No-Click-Required Flash Ads Delivering Malware to Millions of Adult Site Visitors
No-Click-Required Flash Ads Delivering Malware to Millions of Adult Site Visitors
Ex-Googler Andy Rubin Plans to Start New Android Smartphone Company
Ex-Googler Andy Rubin Plans to Start New Android Smartphone Company
Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S6 Leaks in Screenshots
Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S6 Leaks in Screenshots
Comments
SUBMIT

Phoenix said:
Maybe CB could tell us how many monthly donators deserted the ship as it sank.. sank into everyone's thick skull that the arbs have no fear of Marty (even if Marty still had a solvent client).

Maybe someday Marty will get new life from a "lawyer fees" ruling. Maybe not.
Apparently not enough.  Marty is paid up, and we continue to collect funds EVERY PAY DAY.  Some don't contribute, MANY, MANY do.  Marty is a FANTASTIC counselor.  I count myself lucky to be a friend and trusted collegue.

You should be LESS concerned about who contributes & how much they contribute.  You should be more concerned with the courts rulings, instructions & directives.

We are still a fishbowl, but someday we will not be.  Pretty simple stuff....but somehow you STILL don't get it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KoKWf6pLs8

cactusboy53 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZkl_lEDxTc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmsbLC3f7M8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRuoSHI6eQ

Wow! What truly brilliant discourse!...Heck...it's almost as if "you'se" are either so poorly "educated" or personally, so just-plain-stupid that you're actually incapable of original "thought" of any kind!....And we all know that can't really be true....Right? ;) Sigh!..."You'se" should probably have stuck with infantile rantings of how "This is Sparta!" and funny little move clips "proving" your personal "toughness".  "Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to"....umm...in your sad case "speak" only through posted fantasy/music links/whatever "and remove all doubt"..."You'se" should realize that much past puberty, well, posting songs written and sung by others hardly serves to pesonally represent any semblance of a "man" to any adult people's perspective....Just sayin'...

Sleep tight "spartans". Your fate clearly lies in only the finest of hands and..umm..."minds".....Sorry about that, but "you'se" did it to yourselves.

cactusboy53 said:
Paging First Officer Clax Desperation.....party of one.  You can meet your party in the "Final & Binding" Lounge.
CB53- the Nic award was issued in 2007. Almost 9 yrs ago. If it was final and binding, why, 9 yrs later, is it not implemented?

Your thoughts?

November 11, 2008 (Q&A in Phoenix with Doug Parker)

Pilot: . . . . My question though is I was at the hearing for the furloughed guys and one of the possibilities they were discussing is moving 190s to the west and cant do that. You know why.

Parker: Why

Pilot: Binding arbitration. So the company believes in binding arbitration. We have a binding arbitration for seniority. Does the company believe in binding arbitration or not?

Parker: The binding arbitration youre talking about I think Im pretty sure what you are talking about that was an ALPA process that resulted in binding arbitration. That wasnt a company process. Thats ALPA to ALPA seniority integration that says if you cant get it resolved we go to binding arbitration is ALPA policy not company policy. If the companys in binding arbitration, yea we believe in binding arbitration.

In the US Airways America West case, it went to binding arbitration but there was a requirement as part of that that the two unions negotiate a joint contract with the company, which wasnt done yet.

And because it wasnt done yet, the side that didnt like it could prevent a joint contract from getting done. And because of that, the seniority integration never happened."

Scott Kirby

CB53- your thoughts? You constantly say final and binding. Please explain why separate ops exists right now? You have not been a good representative to PHX pilots. You will dodge the question as always.

Claxon said:
In the US Airways America West case, it went to binding arbitration but there was a requirement as part of that that the two unions negotiate a joint contract with the company, which wasnt done yet.

And because it wasnt done yet, the side that didnt like it could prevent a joint contract from getting done. And because of that, the seniority integration never happened."

Scott Kirby

CB53- your thoughts? You constantly say final and binding. Please explain why separate ops exists right now? You have not been a good representative to PHX pilots. You will dodge the question as always.

You don't know WYE?  I'm shocked.  You've only been schooled on this for the past 9 years.  Are you hoping that some little gem will pop up that will somehow make your lies & hyperbole make sense?  Soon, Claxy.  Soon enough.

We finish the newest arbitration in January, then the BOA will render a NEW American Airlines Seniority List. 

FOS is just around the corner.  Pilots will soon be able to bid where ever that list allows them to.  No more separate operations.

Your thoughts...PSYCH!  I really don't have time for your blather.

cactusboy53 said:
Apparently not enough.  Marty is paid up, and we continue to collect funds EVERY PAY DAY.  Some don't contribute, MANY, MANY do.  Marty is a FANTASTIC counselor.  I count myself lucky to be a friend and trusted collegue.

You should be LESS concerned about who contributes & how much they contribute.  You should be more concerned with the courts rulings, instructions & directives.

We are still a fishbowl, but someday we will not be.  Pretty simple stuff....but somehow you STILL don't get it:

A "colleague"... so you are one of the "lawyers".. Does Marty consider you a "colleague" because you went to a law school of equal caliber to him, or is it that you help put food on his table (by passing him the lion share of the tie-monthly-donations-booty)? 

Sure, you guys won't be in the fish bowl forever.  That is some goal you have.  Impressive. Not quite the "billions and billions" in damages of yore (and lore), but at least you now have an achievable (inevitable) goal.  

Claxon said:

Scott Kirby

After all these years, all the money, all the motions, all the bravado, all the tie campaigns, all the T-minus clocks... and still the courts have not changed one iota of any list, or any contract.  Not one.  

And the courts have made it clear they won't.  Everybody has to just live with the contracts we have (and no one has any excuse to think otherwise).   Yet, we still have eternal optimists proclaiming delusions that they cannot even define.. "soon", they say.. whatever that means.  

cactusboy53 said:

"Your thoughts...PSYCH!"...? OK then. They're yours to examine:

"I really don't have time for your blather."? Well, then; "you'se" should perhaps again "simply" offer your finest and most truly eloquent efforts at "personal expression" and just post yet another song you found to be particularly "meaningful" instead...? ;) Teenagers everywhere would likely relate to "you'se"...although I certainly wouldn't want you to unfairly poach off any of your "cap'n aux"s teenaged blog buddies.

There are, of course, much lesser mortals that might at least seek the wisdom of Socrates/Plato or Aristotle, while I'd place all self-supposed "spartans" at no more than Epicurus (at the very best)...but DO go on evidencing the fullest depths of your own personal "brilliance" amd clearly AWAsome "education" with yet more music videos, and receive at least my own proper sympathy son.

Again: "Wow! What truly brilliant discourse!...Heck...it's almost as if "you'se" are either so poorly "educated" or personally, so just-plain-stupid that you're actually incapable of original "thought" of any kind!....And we all know that can't really be true....Right? ;) Sigh!..."You'se" should probably have stuck with infantile rantings of how "This is Sparta!" and funny little move clips "proving" your personal "toughness".  "Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to"....umm...in your sad case "speak" only through posted fantasy/music links/whatever "and remove all doubt"..."You'se" should realize that much past puberty, well, posting songs written and sung by others hardly serves to pesonally represent any semblance of a "man" to any adult people's perspective....Just sayin'...

Sleep tight "spartans". Your fate clearly lies in only the finest of hands and..umm..."minds".....Sorry about that, but "you'se" did it to yourselves."

Yet another day when I fully owe the "soliders" of "sparta" for some more good chuckles.

"...it's almost as if "you'se" are either so poorly "educated" or personally, so just-plain-stupid that you're actually incapable of original "thought" of any kind!." But that can't be right...can it?

P.S. cactus"boy"53: "Soon, Claxy.  Soon enough."

Oh puhleeeaze punk. Yet another supposed "threat"?...And that from a mighty "spartan" and (Wow!) civvie CFI that can't seem to get "his" mommie's permission for even a harmless recreational flying wager? Sigh...There are properly established terms for your pathetic sort, but none of them are appropriate for public posting...and NONE of those at all include the word "Pilot".

cactusboy: "I would love to take on a GA "flight challenge", but......." "But"; you're nothing more than an utterly insigificant little blowhard with only AWA-induced delusions of grandeur to at all sustain your feeble little fantasies. I'd say that pretty much fully defines the terms "worthless" and "punk"....or did I miss some more there?

"Soon enough."...?  For WHAT exactly?...For "you'se" to ever actually grow up and at least try to impersonate a man, much less a Pilot? I'm so truly "impressed" kid. Apologies if I don't hold my breath there on any account.  CFI gained "you'se" every bit as much "intimidating" traction as did the childish offering of a mighty "varsity letter jacket"....I mean: Seriously kid? ;)

Small wonder that "you'se" hapless little chidlren so desperately want/need some magical gift from St. Nic....It's not like "you'se" have ever actually EARNED much of anything for your sad selves in life....of course I'll always stand in utter AWA of a "lettermen jacket"...and if I'm ever present at the "interrogation" of an herocially "captured west pilot"; I'll do my best to see that s/he is fairly treated....What is it with "you'se" kids proven inability to actually Grow Up?

"You'se" do some both actual adults and real pilots among your group...so WTF happened to leave pathetic little pizzants like you in charge of the west group anyway?

cactusboy53 said:
Paging First Officer Clax Desperation.....party of one.  You can meet your party in the "Final & Binding" Lounge.

Hey flounder, the name of the lounge has been changed to fair and equitable, guess that explains why you're the only one there......,,,big smiles

cactusboy53 said:
You don't know WYE?  I'm shocked.  You've only been schooled on this for the past 9 years.  Are you hoping that some little gem will pop up that will somehow make your lies & hyperbole make sense?  Soon, Claxy.  Soon enough.

We finish the newest arbitration in January, then the BOA will render a NEW American Airlines Seniority List. 

FOS is just around the corner.  Pilots will soon be able to bid where ever that list allows them to.  No more separate operations.

Thanks from everyone for keeping yourselves locked in the fishbowl all these years, WYE a group would to that to itself and give up so much.......,.. Well go figure.

You are aware that FOS has been having just a few IT issues.......... hopefully it won't delay your departure from the fishbowl to long.............

cactusboy53 said:
Huh. Johnny Boy's wearing two hats: Liar & Dreamer. It's good to have a hobby.
"Huh"..........seems you have a comprehension problem.

Don't wear a hat anymore flounder..........still waiting for you to call Dave Blomgren a liar, you're so weak, he knows the truth. Big smiles boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back