2015 Pilot Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts you ask....

Well, CLAXON....sorry, Mike Cleary said if FIRST & BEST:

[SIZE=12pt]“…The Arbitration Board conducts an evidentiary hearing, with witnesses, evidence and a stenographic transcript. The Board’s Opinion and Award are to be issued simultaneously, within 150 days following the PID, unless both pilot groups and ALPA’s President agree to an extension. The Merger Policy provides, “The Award of the Arbitration Board shall be final and binding on all parties to the arbitration and shall be defended by ALPA.” No ALPA seniority integration arbitration result has ever been set aside by the courts although some dissatisfied pilots have challenged the award before administrative agencies and the courts.”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]US Airwaves June/July 2000[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]US Air Merger Committee Members: Todd Cardoza (PIT), Mike Cleary (BOS),Randy Mowery (PIT)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pretty simple stuff, but what do I know.[/SIZE]

Reactions: 2 people
Claxon said:
Your thoughts David Simmons?
Scott Kirby and Doug Parker hammer the point home with another big east bid today.
Meanwhile, the FISHBOWL water swirls tepidly........
Every day, the absurdity of the Nicolau Award is more and more evident. PHX is a cesspool/ fishbowl.
Every other base has huge upward movement.

Kirby is the President & Parker is the CEO & Chairman of the American Airlines Group.

I think you boys are the biggest bunch of liars and thieves that ever walked the face of the earth.  Is that plain enough for you?

Reactions: 4 people
cactusboy53 said:
Kirby is the President & Parker is the CEO & Chairman of the American Airlines Group.

I think you boys are the biggest bunch of liars and thieves that ever walked the face of the earth.  Is that plain enough for you?
. Kirby and Parker have done a great job, stock is up profits up, bid is out why change anything? A lot of movement for sure 50 new hires, No lie there! Happy new year!

Reactions: 5 people
cactusboy53 said:

So did you vote for the MOU (and encourage others to vote for the MOU), while at the same time you believed it was illegal, and didn't actually support the MOU?  

Not to worry.  Nothing in the MOU changed, and the new seniority process we all voted on is marching forward.  

Reactions: 7 people
Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: Jetz and props
Ratings: ATP, MEI, FE B-727, B-737 type
Curr Position: Flying for the aquiring airline
Total Time: 11,000

Sully, welcome to Phoenix
Open letter to Doug Parker.

September 28, 2009
Mr. Douglas Parker
CEO & Chairman of the Board
US Airways, Inc.
111 W. Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, Arizona 85281

VIA EMAIL

Dear Doug:

I'm writing to express my complete and utter disappointment with
today's announcement that Captain Sullenberger will be appointed to a
management position within the company. In fact, as a result of Capt.
Sullenberger's decision to use his new found fame as a weapon against
1800 former America West pilots in a recent federal court case over
pilot seniority, I find the company's announcement particularly
insulting. Not only does this decision now forever discredit the
company's purported "neutrality" in the pilot seniority issue, but it
also calls in to question the credibility of the entire safety
management team. As I hope you'll agree, it is in everybody's best
interests to keep flight safety an issue that is far removed from
politics.

I can respect that Capt. Sullenberger has his own personal opinions
regarding the seniority situation, however, I believe that his
decision to testify in court raises reasonable question as to his
ability to adequately perform his new duties without bias. Capt.
Sullenberger did not provide any relevant testimony in the case, and
was only called to testify by USAPA in the hopes that his celebrity
status would unfairly influence a jury. Instead of limiting the use
his celebrity status in support of productive goals such as promoting
aviation safety and the image of US Airways, he blatantly abused that
status by unnecessarily inserting himself on the losing side of an
issue that he played no prior role in. I cannot be reasonably assured
that he would not similarly misuse his position in management.

While I'm certain that this letter will fall on deaf ears, I can
assure you that this letter by no means an end to this issue, and that
you will be in need of much more than a well polished statement at a
crew news session to address it.

Sincerely,
/s/
Mitch Vasin
PHX 320 FO

Reactions: 2 people
cactusboy53 said:

You really screwed your group over big time....... I understand our guys did an outstanding job this week..............looks like another year in the fishbowl.. Big smiles!

"Its time to take a good look in the rear-view mirror. If we had a single contract in place, the NIC would also be in place. Sure, we would probably still have USAPA. But long before the East removed ALPA, we would have been operating under a single contract, with the Nicolau seniority list in place. Next time you go to a training center brown bag lunch, before you go after the company and the East, keep in mind how close we were to a TA prior to the NIC. We did it to ourselves, guys."

Dave Blomgren, for the U-Turn

"We now have a better picture what the East MEC had on the table: an 8 year fence, furloughs by longevity (LOS), MDA time not counting for longevity, Dave ODell having 400 pilots below him, and the Nic surviving as THE LIST. Yes, the East offered the NIC. They just wanted to protect their retirement attrition, which stalled by the change in Age-60. Looking back, that offer must look like a home run to any West pilot right now, "

Reactions: 3 people
luvthe9 said:
"Its time to take a good look in the rear-view mirror. If we had a single contract in place, the NIC would also be in place. Sure, we would probably still have USAPA. But long before the East removed ALPA, we would have been operating under a single contract, with the Nicolau seniority list in place. Next time you go to a training center brown bag lunch, before you go after the company and the East, keep in mind how close we were to a TA prior to the NIC. We did it to ourselves, guys."

Dave Blomgren, for the U-Turn

Blomgren was right, except I don't think ALPA would have been gone.  A lot of the fence-sitters on the East who voted for USAPA probably would have not voted at all, or voted to keep ALPA if the Nic had been instituted.

In every airline merger since Nicolau, management has been meticulous in getting a combined contract in place BEFORE the SLI of the pilots.  I am certain Parker and Kirby realized they screwed up by not doing the same and instead being obtusely penurious with their "Kirby Proposal."

Reactions: 4 people
nycbusdriver said:

Blomgren was right, except I don't think ALPA would have been gone.  A lot of the fence-sitters on the East who voted for USAPA probably would have not voted at all, or voted to keep ALPA if the Nic had been instituted.

In every airline merger since Nicolau, management has been meticulous in getting a combined contract in place BEFORE the SLI of the pilots.  I am certain Parker and Kirby realized they screwed up by not doing the same and instead being obtusely penurious with their "Kirby Proposal."

Largely agreed, save for Parker and Kirby having any real reason to pine over their absurdly inadequate contract offering. I'd have to suggest that whatever savings and synergies could have arisen from a pilot consolidation were far more than merely offset by the savings in overall payroll they benefited from...not to mention their gaining a fragmented work group too busy being at each others' throats to offer them even the slightest opposition to whatever they wished to do. The operation, imo, was simply too small for a PHX/rest-of-world merging to have gained them much.  Plus; the kirby proposal affords empirical proof to the fact that they either had no serious concerns about combining the groups....or were/are complete fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.