3,000 new employees?

UPNAWAY

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
DALLAS
Yesterday listening to a local political talk show they had a member of the Valley economic and development council on and he mentioned that DP spoke at lunch Tuesday and said US needs to hire 3,000 more people here locally. Have these been previosuly announced?

I'm sure that there are in excess of that number on furlough that would like to have a their jobs back.. :(

I'm sure that there are in excess of that number on furlough that would like to have a their jobs back.. :(
He could easily be talking about 3000 Tempe based employees that don't fall under the union umbrella.

Yesterday listening to a local political talk show they had a member of the Valley economic and development council on and he mentioned that DP spoke at lunch Tuesday and said US needs to hire 3,000 more people here locally. Have these been previosuly announced?

3,000 unemployed East, 3,000 employed West.

If they can find them. New hires replacing people who have years of experience.

Who would this be good news for? Not for our customers, and not for our employees.

BRAD B (V-PRES of Reservations) was in INT last week and he made this announcement.... Current employee number in INT is about 650, he plans to HIRE and bring the staffing level to 1400......

BRAD B (V-PRES of Reservations) was in INT last week and he made this announcement.... Current employee number in INT is about 650, he plans to HIRE and bring the staffing level to 1400......
To bring staffing to 1400? First, you must retain employees to increase your staffing and that could take years. If past history is indicative of the future, not likely to happen in my lifetime.

That's just to cover the turnover on PHX ramp. ^_^

The problem will get worse in PHX when Mesa removes their ground handling for express flights. Although it will open up the station to transfers and furloughees, are there enough easties out there willing to move to Arizona for a ramp job?

According to reports here, all off shore reservation centers will be closing and the staffing levels of the offices in the US will be increased. I think thats a big portion of the new hires. I dont know about how many recalls would be in order, since many of those in res. took the buyouts. I suspect DP wants all new hires at $8 per hour. But I dont think the line is going down the block for those wages. A collegue of mine at the RNO center said they have had so many open hire sessions and still cant get the positions filled.

Latest posts