3,000 new employees?

As much as I loved my job, I can't afford to move cross-country (at my own expense) to start all over with this airline at bare minimal wages. You get what you pay for.

The ramp and customer service hires that many people coming through the rotating door every year.

And from what I've heard from a couple of people in PHX I know, if certain people can keep the East CWA 20 swaps per quarter instead of the West unlimited with lesser restrictions, the number in rotation will be even higher. Many of the West agents are part timers who only want to work a couple of days and swap off the rest to do other things (isnt this what the company wants? part time, non career agents?). I hear a mass exodus in PHX alone will probably happen once the swap restrictions are in place. Will be interesting to say the least.

And from what I've heard from a couple of people in PHX I know, if certain people can keep the East CWA 20 swaps per quarter instead of the West unlimited with lesser restrictions, the number in rotation will be even higher. Many of the West agents are part timers who only want to work a couple of days and swap off the rest to do other things (isnt this what the company wants? part time, non career agents?). I hear a mass exodus in PHX alone will probably happen once the swap restrictions are in place. Will be interesting to say the least.

Rampers and CSRs who trade and drop are contemplating quitting. Even as a career person, it is nice to work out 3 or 4 days off per week. Getting too old for all the doubles, though, so that is a thing of the past. Found that I end up spending all those days off recuperating.

As far as restaffing the Res. Centers the company should look into contacting retired res. agents and ones that took the buyout and offer them an incentive to return. This would give you a qualified res. agent from day one. I`m sure some would return for the right price. If quality is what DP is looking for then he should talk to the unions and see if there is room for this to work.

As far as restaffing the Res. Centers the company should look into contacting retired res. agents and ones that took the buyout and offer them an incentive to return. This would give you a qualified res. agent from day one. I`m sure some would return for the right price. If quality is what DP is looking for then he should talk to the unions and see if there is room for this to work.

Read an article on JetBlue using people working out of their homes, mainly in Utah.

Would this be something PHX could look at? Apparently, happy workers=quality work and saves the company money by not having to lease/buy office space.

Isn't res centers sooo yesterday? How about some new thinking around here, but maybe that's too much to expect... ;)

SoftLanding

We had several at the ATO take the buy out last year in conjunction with retirement from the company. One of them told me she inquired into rejoining the "New" company at the PHX res center and was told she would have to start at $8 per hour and give up her US pension until she retired again. Needless to say, she told them NO WAY.

Read an article on JetBlue using people working out of their homes, mainly in Utah.

Would this be something PHX could look at? Apparently, happy workers=quality work and saves the company money by not having to lease/buy office space.

Isn't res centers sooo yesterday? How about some new thinking around here, but maybe that's too much to expect... ;)
SoftLanding

There is language in the current contract for home based res agents. I don't know all the details. I have heard that AA is also toying with the idea.

Do B6 home res agents receive the same benefits as every one else?

I dont know about Jet Blue but agents have asked about work at home and were told its never going to happen. Some AWA vacation employees used to work at home but last year or the year before they were told they had to start working at the rez center. Unfortunately, I dont see it ever happening again for anyone.

When working at home was looked at on the East side it was seen as not feasible. It works for airlines that have limited routes and limited fares. We are too big to do successfully. The factors that don't allow it are International, reissues, Star Alliance,OA agreements, complex dividend mile bookings, flight irregularities and ops with express as well as mainline etc.

:rolleyes: poor thing!
That's a basic "Smart ###" reply from someone who is still working. Maybe if you were furloughed with over 25 years of service, you would view this topic in a different way.
Let's bring back the work in the outsourced stations, and get the dedicated hard working employees back to work.
From what I am being told, the vendors in many of these stations have nothing more that a revolving door of low-wage employees. They have also become nothing more that the whipping boys of the CSA groups and Mgmt. in these stations, since they are only "Contract" workers.. :huh:

That's a basic "Smart ###" reply from someone who is still working. Maybe if you were furloughed with over 25 years of service, you would view this topic in a different way.
Let's bring back the work in the outsourced stations, and get the dedicated hard working employees back to work.
From what I am being told, the vendors in many of these stations have nothing more that a revolving door of low-wage employees. They have also become nothing more that the whipping boys of the CSA groups and Mgmt. in these stations, since they are only "Contract" workers.. :huh:

Don't be surprised to see Mesa give up all their stations on the west coast in favor of genuine, honest-to-goodness mainline employees, inside and out. All the (original) PSA folks back in PIT will then be able to go home to Medford, Oxnard, Monterey, etc.