321 deliveries this year

USstew23

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
Hey sorry to start another post and not sure if it has already been covered but was wondering with the 321 deliveries that are coming this year who will be flying them? East or West or both? I know the transition agreements state the tail numbers to be flown by each side but these came after the fact and not sure if they are included. Also will they come with more powerful CFM's or have the V2500's?

Please only facts not "I'm not pulling gear for someone who was born when I flew the Super Constellation" or "comments about how they will be fitted with 463.8 seats and fly to China weight restricted to only a lap child"

East or West or both?

This was asked in an AboutUS several months ago and it said both.

Also will they come with more powerful CFM's or have the V2500's?

Hmmm....I'm not sure "more powerful CFM's is accurate.

V2500 - Better hot and high performance (IAE claims better fuel performance but I am sure it is all relative)
CFM - Lower emissions profile

regarding the motors on the Airbii, I thought a buddy in PIT said the East A319/320/321s have the same motors... is this the same for the HP A319/320 fleet?

Not to get in a battle over motors, but one would think it would make sense to maintain the CFM's on the new airframes since the East already has them - unless there is some master plan to yank the CFM's off the entire fleet and put the IAE's on them.

East 320 family is all CFM....West fleet is mixed. Dont know about the high hot stuff but I would take a CFM anyday!

All engine overhaul is outsourced anyhow, just a fam class is needed for East to work the IAEs.

West fleet is NOT mixed. All IAE engines on the Airbus aircraft.
hmm. maybe they meant that because some of the older are 2500-A1's and the newer more powerful -A5's. I think I did read somewhere that the IAE's were chosen because of the hot n high performance and that when you get into a situation where you have such a larger number in the fleet that the idea of common engine was mute.

At any rate I'm wondering if you will see the core crew of 3 F/A's either East or West working and the extra F/A being from either side. Might be kind of cool to actually get to work together.

The first deliveries of A321's will be mixed CFM and IAE, based on the original purchase agreements between AWA and IAE and US Airways and GE. Thereafter, they will be all IAE.
Regards
DC

The first deliveries of A321's will be mixed CFM and IAE, based on the original purchase agreements between AWA and IAE and US Airways and GE. Thereafter, they will be all IAE.
Regards
DC
Thanks DC, do you know where the flying will be base wise?

Wow, I'm still amazed after two years that there are still questions of "which side will fly". Has there been ANY traction on integrating the pilots and F/As? I realize there are a number of hurdles, both internal union discussions and talks with the company, but at what point do folks get in a room and hash this out once and for all?

Both unions and both union and company should really hash this out soon. If there is a merger fest in 2008 (which I'm still somewhat skeptical of), US may need to play a part to stay competitive. Having a fractured employee base two years after the last merger will not help.

It was in an issue of AboutUS that the A321s are replacing domestic 757's... NOT growth aircraft (of course).

It would be safe to assume that they will be used out of PHX to ORD, CUN, NYC, DCA (can it make it?) and on the PHL/CLT - Florida runs. I believe they said the 757s on the CLT/PHL to Caribbean destinations are safe though.

A321s will not be flying between DCA/PHX...No way Jose.

Ummm....a couple of months ago US was flying a Saturday only PHX-DCA morning flight on an A321. PHX-BOS-PHX has been done on an A321. PHL-PHX is farther than PHX-DCA....why are you so sure they won't be flying that route?

Weight restricted flight and yes DCA gets it's share of A321s but I don't believe I have ever seen a scheduled DCA-PHX/LAS A321 flight but it's possible for the A321 to fly into DCA from PHX/LAS.

Latest posts