332's

ChrisUS

Senior
Aug 20, 2005
I know they are flying PHLLHR and PHLTLV, but where are all the others and where will the two new ones be headed?

I hear they won't be putting the 332 on ATH this summer due to the deferrals which is very disappointing. Would've been nice to alleviate the weight and balance issues along with assuring greater comfort for the pax. But, I'd rather still fly it with a 76 than not fly it at all.

There will be 7 in service by Summer. 2 are going to be in rotation for TLV daily. Out of the other 5....

LHR
MUC
FCO
?
?

Why does CLT-Europe need a longer range 330-2? In PHL we have ATH with fuel stops and weight restrictions almost daily in the summer. I think that would be a much wiser use of the 332.

I hear they won't be putting the 332 on ATH this summer due to the deferrals which is very disappointing. Would've been nice to alleviate the weight and balance issues along with assuring greater comfort for the pax. But, I'd rather still fly it with a 76 than not fly it at all.

I agreee, better than nothing but.... doesn't that just make sense ( ok, no cracks) to use an equiptment that would eliminate fuel stops and weight restrictions?

Sizing the aircraft to the route based on demand, as opposed to range seems to make sense....why stick a plane that has ~75 pax more capacity than is needed at the expense of a route that requires that capacity based on the demand?

It's also probably a metric of how much premium revenue can be gained from a route like CLT-CDG vs. PHL-ATH. Are there more paying passengers who will buy those Envoy pods to Paris? My guess is yes.

It's also probably a metric of how much premium revenue can be gained from a route like CLT-CDG vs. PHL-ATH. Are there more paying passengers who will buy those Envoy pods to Paris? My guess is yes.

I'd think they'd want the capacity for Paris and use a 333. I was under the impression the PHL ATH market was doing very well and ran full often. Maybe not.

I'd think they'd want the capacity for Paris and use a 333. I was under the impression the PHL ATH market was doing very well and ran full often. Maybe not.
Actually, except for June and July, the estimated Round Trip LFs are somewhat dismal.

2008: May=56%, June=78%, July=86%, Aug=66%, Sep=66%

2007 and M/J/J 2009 were pretty much in the same ballpark.

The above does not compensate for Blocked Seats due to weight restrictions/crew rest, etc..

That said, CO's Daily EWR-ATH flights during the peak 2008 June/July months, using a larger aircraft (767-400ER), appear to have had LFs almost identical to US.

The above seems to justify, that capacity wise, the 767-200 is the right choice over the 332 for this route.

Actually, except for June and July, the estimated Round Trip LFs are somewhat dismal.

2008: May=56%, June=78%, July=86%, Aug=66%, Sep=66%

2007 and M/J/J 2009 were pretty much in the same ballpark.

The above does not compensate for Blocked Seats due to weight restrictions/crew rest, etc..

That said, CO's Daily EWR-ATH flights during the peak 2008 June/July months, using a larger aircraft (767-400ER), appear to have had LFs almost identical to US.

The above seems to justify, that capacity wise, the 767-200 is the right choice over the 332 for this route.

How much in landing fees, extra fuel and misconnects do we pay out? ATH on the 767 is a nightmare in the summer- always weight restricted with bags left behind or seats blocked. Just saying.

How much in landing fees, extra fuel and misconnects do we pay out?

That would be a valid consideration when deciding which airplane to use. Like any of the long haul flights, it's probably not worth the extra cost to swap out a 332 for a 767 on a daily as needed basis, but at least scheduling the 332 on the heavier booked days of the week might make sense. Hopefully someone in Tempe is looking at all the factors.

Jim

Latest posts