7 day coverage nonsense

Yes because they used to get the line premium for the week if they worked weekends but the company doesn't want to pay that now, they only want to pay .50c/hr and only for certain hours worked on the weekend.The company chose to eliminate the shift premiums as well. Do you think its right to expect people to work oddball shifts without any sort of compensation for that? Right now they either work with SS, FS or SM off, everyone has a part of the weekend off.

I think it's reasonable to get shift differential for shifts that start between 1800 and 0459. And no, the current placeholder shift differential isn't reasonable. But at least the language around it wasn't wiped out entirely, and all you have to do is negotiate to get it raised vs. trying to get the language reinstated.

But working 5 of 7 days is something every airline employee signed up for on your applications. Expecting to get paid a "weekend premium" is almost as ludicrous as having Super Bowl Sunday declared a paid holiday.

I think it's reasonable to get shift differential for shifts that start between 1800 and 0459. And no, the current placeholder shift differential isn't reasonable. But at least the language around it wasn't wiped out entirely, and all you have to do is negotiate to get it raised vs. trying to get the language reinstated.

But working 5 of 7 days is something every airline employee signed up for on your applications. Expecting to get paid a "weekend premium" is almost as ludicrous as having Super Bowl Sunday declared a paid holiday.

Just an example nurses get 7.00 HR MIDNIGHT PAY PREMIUM !!!!

I disagree. Look at the medical world. My mom recently retired as a critical care nurse on an ICU floor. She got a real premium for working both nights and a three day weekend shift. I think it was close to 5% for each. There should be an incentive for working those days. At DL we have 24/7 coverage in the hangar. Most do 5/8 M-F three shifts. Weekends are small crews three days F-Sun two shifts. Some of the weekend crews filled up before the M-F dayshift crews. The bays that do most of the contract aircraft are on 5/8 rotating days.

Whats ludicrous is the company's thinking ,one way or another it costs them. No pay,no incentive productivity, and moral declines even further. We sure aren't going to jump up and work harder on a holiday....We have been there and done that all for what? A big ZERO!!! PLEASE

Whats ludicrous is the company's thinking ,one way or another it costs them. No pay,no incentive productivity, and moral declines even further. We sure aren't going to jump up and work harder on a holiday....We have been there and done that all for what? A big ZERO!!! PLEASE

How is it harder to fix an airplane on a holiday than it is on a normal Friday at noon? What is more difficult about an ETOPS check on Saturday afternoon vs. Tuesday morning?

Working midnights is a challenge because of circadian rhythms, and I agree that there should be some incentive there. But working normal waking hours on a Saturday or Sunday isn't interfering with your body. It may interfere with your family, but that's a conscious choice you made when choosing your career and/or deciding whether or not to raise a family.

How is it harder to fix an airplane on a holiday than it is on a normal Friday at noon? What is more difficult about an ETOPS check on Saturday afternoon vs. Tuesday morning?

Working midnights is a challenge because of circadian rhythms, and I agree that there should be some incentive there. But working normal waking hours on a Saturday or Sunday isn't interfering with your body. It may interfere with your family, but that's a conscious choice you made when choosing your career and/or deciding whether or not to raise a family.

The fact is .....the resentment comes from when you have worked here for 20 years,asked for one holiday off
and are denied that... Meanwhile every Christmas,Thanksgiving etc... There is not one ioda of a manager or union
offical or stuart here..... And I mean not one Manager!!!!!!! Just supervisors and Junior ones at that!!! After 20 years of getting stepped on spit on....You kinda get pissed..... I dont mind working holidays but, i expect to be compensated for it {not 4 hrs pay} I could stay home and get 8. Eagle is still 2.5 for holidays where is the sharing?
the only thing flexable is our backside....

The fact is .....the resentment comes from when you have worked here for 20 years,asked for one holiday off
and are denied that... Meanwhile every Christmas,Thanksgiving etc... There is not one ioda of a manager or union
offical or stuart here..... And I mean not one Manager!!!!!!! Just supervisors and Junior ones at that!!! After 20 years of getting stepped on spit on....You kinda get pissed..... I dont mind working holidays but, i expect to be compensated for it {not 4 hrs pay} I could stay home and get 8. Eagle is still 2.5 for holidays where is the sharing?
the only thing flexable is our backside....

Eagle is not now and never was 2.5 for holidays.

eagle just signed a contract and i think all they got was a lump sum

hey eolesen superboel Sunday a holiday great idea

eagle just signed a contract and i think all they got was a lump sum

hey eolesen superboel Sunday a holiday great idea

2x for eagle pay my mistake!!!! But in respect to the harder to fix on a holiday? Call a plumber for service on christmas day he will be laughing all the way to the bank. Its no difference toilets flush 24 7.Time is money and holidays its more valuable {even to management}.Its clear they are never here holidays....Just junior sups.....

I don't really think you know what they get paid, it is more than that, per diem, etc. I don't really think you would like those wages once you get bumped from your station. Careful what you wish for.
[/qu
.....I was just offered 28.00 hr at AAR chop shop......

Back