TUL mechs

TULE takes 3 to 5 (depending on aircraft type) if no issues are found. At least that is how it was when I was there.

I understood AA was planning on doing that with the NB LCs starting with the little Bus. Going to a Phase C where the full LC package is broken in to sections that can be done in a 12 hour overnight. This would cause a shift in HC to the Line from the Base in my opinion.

Slopoke said:

How long does it take to do a "light c"? I'm asking this because in the mid 80's, we used to do what FedEx called a light C on their DC-10 freighters at LAX. It took roughly 3 days.
3 days approximately, but that is working three shifts and doing things like gear changes and things like flight control rigs.  Inspectors take about a whole shift to do the initial inspection and that is with quite a few of them on the aircraft at once.  To think about setting it up to do a few cards a night is laughable.  I am hoping this is a complete failure.  Actually I am pretty confident it will be.  The stupidest idea management has had in a long time.

Reactions: 1 person
It my experience it's more like 5-7 days any more. 3 day lights area thing of the past

How many different mods are done in Hong Kong now? I know of interior mod and cockpit upgrade mod on 777, not done at the same time I might add.

bigjets said:
How many different mods are done in Hong Kong now? I know of interior mod and cockpit upgrade mod on 777, not done at the same time I might add.
what kind of mods are is AA doing on the 777?

topDawg said:
I should have been more clear, I know about that. 

bigjets said cockpit mods though and I am curious what AA is doing to the 777 cockpits.....?
777-300 symbology on pfd and nd, along with a different MAT. Only a few 200s have been to mod

bigjets said:
777-300 symbology on pfd and nd, along with a different MAT. Only a few 200s have been to mod
ah okay thanks for the info. 

I was figuring it would have something to do with the 77Ws.