747-400 Interior Mod?

Not really apart of a large "fleet" is it? 16 right?
right now there are 16 747-400 and 6 have been painted in the DL livery.

think of it like this, they have 16 747-400, and lets say not all fly every day, maybe one or two
in for routine maintenance..and use a number of 14 747-400 fly at least one flight a day,
a 747-400 holds 403 passengers and lets times that by (16 aircraft in the fleet) but use 14 aircraft = 5642 passenger seats a day and then times that by 365 = 2,059,330 passengers a year and then lets average a ticket price of $500.00 and times that by the number of passengers for the year = $1,029,665,000.00 and then lets say it cost $69,000.00 to operate each flight times 14 aircraft = $966,000.00 times 365 = $352,590,000.00 minus $1,029,665,000.00 = $677,075,000.00 and that can be used to pay the bills! or to go invest in well, whatever, pay salaries, benefits, peanuts, cookies...!

thats a lot!

(I have never worked an empty 747-400 to AMS or NRT ever!)

*Dont forget about the DC9 = the cash cow!

And from what I read they will reduce it down to 10/12.
ok, I need a moment... :(

(moment passes)

OK, now I am going to consider starting a "Keep the Whale, My Whale" button campaign.

I agree that the a/c should be given some "touch up" work
and stick around for awhile to eventually be replaced with
the 748, however I doubt that will happen.
I am betting on just a touch up.

Probably the 773 down the road.
The 777 just seems like the way to go.

It would be nice to have a simplified fleet before retirement no?
Well..

two of those planes arent really flying yet!

so! that leaves a fleet of 777 and 737

and I am sort of thinking..

thats a little too simple, (for the combined carrier)

and!

it might be a good idea to add some more planes in that list,

or they would have to simplify the ranks too!

PMNW has 315 aircraft in the fleet,

DC9 30/40/50 - 80 aircraft

757 200/300 - 45/16 aircraft

A319/320 - 57/69 aircraft

A330 - 32 aircraft (these are basically brand new)

747 400 - 16 aircraft

then there is the DL MD88/90, the 777, the DL 757 and a lot of 767!

and the 737 looked new to me!

so simplifying is going to be interesting.

.....I think you missed the part of "before retirement"
Hopefully a "few" years down the road.

.....I think you missed the part of "before retirement"
Hopefully a "few" years down the road.
what about all the others planes you didnt have on the list?

do you want me to get out the calculator? :lol:

we need a few more planes than a 777 and a 737 so they can pay the bills!

we need a few more planes than a 777 and a 737 so they can pay the bills!

It was you who thought that it would be just two a/c
I stated 787,777,748,737 with the different versions of
each, the needs of the new Delta will be well covered.
Again this is down the road. First flight of both 787,748
is very soon.

It was you who thought that it would be just two a/c
I stated 787,777,748,737 with the different versions of
each, the needs of the new Delta will be well covered.
Again this is down the road. First flight of both 787,748
is very soon.
I dont think its two types.. I know it would be two according to that list!

because!

I dont count aircraft that is not in the fleet.. such as the 787 or 748 until they
are officially a part of the fleet!

I think the 748 would look amazing in the DL livery if that ever came to be..

Psssst:

I got the point you were trying to make!

:hugs:

of all people I am shocked you arent in the loop, if that is true.

because you seem to know what is going on.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.
If you are, then that's a shame as I thought we had basically called a "truce"..to agree to disagree on certain issues and chat about what we DO have in common--fondness for commercial aviation, past and present.
If you are not being sarcastic, then I really don't claim to know more than anyone nor do I have the time to know [everything] what's going on.

Now, back to our originally scheduled program:
Delta's future with the B747-400.
Being a NW f/a, Dignity--besides lie-flat in JC and AVOD in YC, what other upgrades would you suggest for this a/c?

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.
please dont read too much into that comment, I simply stated that because you seem to know
what is going on all around you being very knowledgeable and that was it.

If you are, then that's a shame as I thought we had basically called a "truce"..to agree to disagree on certain issues and chat about what we DO have in common--fondness for commercial aviation, past and present.
I very much enjoy reading your perspective and points of view regardless, if there is one thing about you, it
is you really let your feelings to be known!

(I sort of like that about you, the telling it like it is.. way about you)

If you are not being sarcastic, then I really don't claim to know more than anyone nor do I have the time to know [everything] what's going on.
oh. well that is sort of a way saying you dont have a clue, but I think you do.

Now, back to our originally scheduled program:
Delta's future with the B747-400.
Being a NW f/a, Dignity--besides lie-flat in JC and AVOD in YC, what other upgrades would you suggest for this a/c?
I personally believe the aircraft needs a complete interior refurbishment, from carpeting to seat covers, the adding of technology, lavatory upgrade (is that a simulated wood floor in DL lavatories?) galleys and service carts for Y and passenger amenities including crew. I actually like Business Class service being hand delivered, it is polished, personal and professional when that is done, I fully agree with that, but the staffing level must reflect that simply for the number of Business seats on the 400, I believe they added 1 position to assist maybe add 1 more depending on the load.

why?

If they choose to keep an International wide body in the fleet, serving International routes, that are directly competing with new and advanced aircraft offering the latest up to date technology and service standards at other airlines, then they too must do the same.

(and then they have to go beyond it and focus on the little things)

*the little things really count.

some will absolutely take into account great service.. including how timely that meal tray is picked up, service staffing greatly matters on those premium routes and all flights.

also,

such as that complementary tidbit choice may not seem like such an issue to someone else.. but it can greatly matter to another.

the passenger now-a-days expects a personal video monitor to be there Internationally, as that is becoming the norm as other airlines cater and make available these conveniences.

The 400 must parallel the 777 interior/amenities if the aircraft is to be deployed on similar extended long range flights and offer lie flat seats in Business, if a shorter range maybe not necessarily, but the aircraft interior must all be distinguishable, recognized DAL.

(therefore a complete interior refurshiment for the 400)

*It has to be a DAL 747 inside and out.

there must be consistency with all International aircraft especially Business class depending where it is to be utilized.

IMO

Wow, I had no idea.
I believe I found the site through a posting on airliners.net a few months ago.

Same here. The guy that runs it is a frequent poster over there.

Apparently, the compromise was that he could run it, but had to remove all traces of the DL logo.

Seems like a lot of free publicity that they're pissing away, but that's just me.

please dont read too much into that comment, I simply stated that because you seem to know
what is going on all around you being very knowledgeable and that was it.

I very much enjoy reading your perspective and points of view regardless, if there is one thing about you, it
is you really let your feelings to be known!

(I sort of like that about you, the telling it like it is.. way about you)

I personally believe the aircraft needs a complete interior refurbishment, from carpeting to seat covers, the adding of technology, lavatory upgrade (is that a simulated wood floor in DL lavatories?) galleys and service carts for Y and passenger amenities including crew. I actually like Business Class service being hand delivered, it is polished, personal and professional when that is done, I fully agree with that, but the staffing level must reflect that simply for the number of Business seats on the 400, I believe they added 1 position to assist maybe add 1 more depending on the load.

why?

If they choose to keep an International wide body in the fleet, serving International routes, that are directly competing with new and advanced aircraft offering the latest up to date technology and service standards at other airlines, then they too must do the same.

(and then they have to go beyond it and focus on the little things)

*the little things really count.

some will absolutely take into account great service.. including how timely that meal tray is picked up, service staffing greatly matters on those premium routes and all flights.

also,

such as that complementary tidbit choice may not seem like such an issue to someone else.. but it can greatly matter to another.

the passenger now-a-days expects a personal video monitor to be there Internationally, as that is becoming the norm as other airlines cater and make available these conveniences.

The 400 must parallel the 777 interior/amenities if the aircraft is to be deployed on similar extended long range flights and offer lie flat seats in Business, if a shorter range maybe not necessarily, but the aircraft interior must all be distinguishable, recognized DAL.

(therefore a complete interior refurshiment for the 400)

*It has to be a DAL 747 inside and out.

there must be consistency with all International aircraft especially Business class depending where it is to be utilized.

IMO

I totally agree with you. I'm sure once they make the decision, the whole a/c will be redone top to bottom. I also heard that the YC seats will be replaced with the new "slimline" seats. Of course the carpet, curtains,etc.. The lavs I'm not sure...yes, probably the flooring will be done to keep in line w/ other a/c. (I don't think it's real wood; I think it's laminate like pergo or something..BB might know for sure.)
I also read on a.net about DL going down to 11 or 12 of these a/c (or 'frames' as they call it) but don't think it means permanately; I was thinking it meant a few will go to the desert during the downturn in the economy.