747-400 Interior Mod?

as far as the 744, They are already making statements that some
may be completed by june when the 744 will replace some 777 flying.
I guess they are confident that the BOD will approve
upgrades which will include new slim line AVOD in Y/C and layflat in Business.
Also I am sure the faux wood floor should be in the lavs. Linoleum type :)
The "soft" upgrades should be going on now....seat covers. curtains etc..

Dig, glad you edited and tempered your response :blink:
yes, it was seen

as far as the 744, They are already making statements that some
may be completed by june when the 744 will replace some 777 flying.
I guess they are confident that the BOD will approve
upgrades which will include new slim line AVOD in Y/C and layflat in Business.
Also I am sure the faux wood floor should be in the lavs. Linoleum type :)
well I was sure it wasnt real wood! it appeared simulated, I really think it gives
a nice look.

[quote post='717565' date='Nov 22 2009, 09:38 PM']The "soft" upgrades should be going on now....seat covers. curtains etc..[/quote]
the seat covers itself will give a more standardized look.

[quote post='717565' date='Nov 22 2009, 09:38 PM']Dig, glad you edited and tempered your response :blink:
yes, it was seen[/quote]
I am not really sure what post you are referring to, you can possible point it out?

I cannot go back and edit posts after they have been posted it just says quote and reply?

unless my posts are showing while I am constructing them?

Here is the deal. If Delta is "forced" to offer the dress in a larger size,
they will simply just discontinue the dress. I wouldn't blame them one bit.
Like everything else, there are always a few to ruin it for the rest. Who want's
to see FAT TOMATOES coming down the aisle? D I E T !!! say it slowly
D I E T ...
yes it was seen and yes it was the point I finally figured you out.

*I am aware of the passive-aggressive nature in a few and its better to just be upfront than
the fake-nice.

I totally agree with you. I'm sure once they make the decision, the whole a/c will be redone top to bottom. I also heard that the YC seats will be replaced with the new "slimline" seats. Of course the carpet, curtains,etc..
the 400 cabin itself is so spacious and it feels comfortable because there is so much room. I think it would look great in standard DAL configuration.

The lavs I'm not sure...yes, probably the flooring will be done to keep in line w/ other a/c. (I don't think it's real wood; I think it's laminate like pergo or something..BB might know for sure.)
I noticed the style of the lavatory floors during CBT AQ, it just made the lavatory appear upgraded by simply using that product. I have not seen that before, I wonder if it is exclusive to DAL?

I also read on a.net about DL going down to 11 or 12 of these a/c (or 'frames' as they call it) but don't think it means permanently; I was thinking it meant a few will go to the desert during the downturn in the economy.
the desert, yeah probably so.

Did anyone hear the outcome of the vote the Board took on upgrading the 744 interior? (I am assuming they gave it the green light.)
I haven't seen anything about it yet on Deltanet or any other aviation news outlet.

Did anyone hear the outcome of the vote the Board took on upgrading the 744 interior? (I am assuming they gave it the green light.)
I haven't seen anything about it yet on Deltanet or any other aviation news outlet.

I understand that the mods have been approved. Also, interesting is that
the first 76T is going in for mod work by the end of this month.
Upgrade Y/C seats (in seat video) however no crew bunks or lay flat for Business elite.
I would think they would do a one shot deal....

I understand that the mods have been approved. Also, interesting is that
the first 76T is going in for mod work by the end of this month.
Upgrade Y/C seats (in seat video) however no crew bunks or lay flat for Business elite.
I would think they would do a one shot deal....

Thanks, BB. Not challenging you, but how do you get the info? Anet? or a buddy on the inside or how?
I can't remember which one the 76T is (all those codes start to get confusing..I'm just now caught up on 75E, V, etc.)!! Is that the 300 Int'l?

Thanks, BB. Not challenging you, but how do you get the info? Anet? or a buddy on the inside or how?
I can't remember which one the 76T is (all those codes start to get confusing..I'm just now caught up on 75E, V, etc.)!! Is that the 300 Int'l?
There is a link someone concerning the meeting. I will try to find and post.
Yes the 76T is the 767-3ER that has the pilot bunks in them. I think they will
have to add another letter to distinguish this new mod..

this article is more on the investors conference, Not sure if they specifically
mention on the mods, but I thought it was a very insightful article
http://www.centreforaviation.com/news/2009...t-margins/page1

the 400 cabin itself is so spacious and it feels comfortable because there is so much room. I think it would look great in standard DAL configuration.

I noticed the style of the lavatory floors during CBT AQ, it just made the lavatory appear upgraded by simply using that product. I have not seen that before, I wonder if it is exclusive to DAL?

the desert, yeah probably so.

Dignity, your sucking up again,
Faux wood linoleum is NOT an appearance upgrade. Do you know anyone that has wood (fake or not) surrounding their toilets?

Does DL still use faux wood for their tray tables?

Dignity, your sucking up again,
Faux wood linoleum is NOT an appearance upgrade. Do you know anyone that has wood (fake or not) surrounding their toilets?

Does DL still use faux wood for their tray tables?
obviously you didn't see what was there prior...
nice improvement

a dark rubber matting, that was textured therefore hard to keep clean.
also I believed it absorbed odors as well.

UGH! How did we go from talking about 744 interior mods to stinky, gross lavatory floors??
No matter the topic, so many of the discussions here end up in the toilet....hahahha :lol:

obviously you didn't see what was there prior...
nice improvement

a dark rubber matting, that was textured therefore hard to keep clean.
also I believed it absorbed odors as well.

Just out of curiosity; have you been on our (NW) A/C? If so, are the rubber mats you're describing similar to ours?

The ones we have installed have always been easy to clean, and frankly, do well to hide both odors and "bad aim."

Just out of curiosity; have you been on our (NW) A/C? If so, are the rubber mats you're describing similar to ours?

The ones we have installed have always been easy to clean, and frankly, do well to hide both odors and "bad aim."

No, I haven't been on a NW a/c.

News reports in Japan are saying that JAL has chosen DL and Skyteam over AA and oneworld. If so, it is probably a given that the 744s and 777s and probably some portion of the 767 and 330 fleets will become 3 class aircraft. DL considered changing to a 3 class config in recent years; becoming the dominant carrier in every global region and aggressively growing in Asia as well as partnering with JAL will require an even higher quality onboard product. The 744s might be the first aircraft to sport a new DL First Class cabin.