A.M.F.A. support at the line stations?

1AA

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Ok this is a first. Tulsa kicked off a A.M.F.A. drive.
I would like to hear from the line stations on how they are doing with the A.M.F.A. drive. Please report from your line station or if you know someone from a line station that you are in contact with. For this drive to be successful we need to know how the line stations are progressing as well as Title II. For the first time ever we are all on the same page. Lets make it happen!

Ok this is a first. Tulsa kicked off a A.M.F.A. drive.
I would like to hear from the line stations on how they are doing with the A.M.F.A. drive. Please report from your line station or if you know someone from a line station that you are in contact with. For this drive to be successful we need to know how the line stations are progressing as well as Title II. For the first time ever we are all on the same page. Lets make it happen!

I'm really not understanding all this seperation talk between line mechs and overhaul mechs. Has the TWU treated the two groups differently? What gives? I will let you all know that here at SWA with AMFA we are all treated equally. If you guys are concidered or treated differently then it's time for change. Hope you guys can pull it off this time. I will be puting a donation into the cause to bring AMFA to the AA property. Good luck gentlemen...

I'm really not understanding all this seperation talk between line mechs and overhaul mechs. Has the TWU treated the two groups differently? What gives? I will let you all know that here at SWA with AMFA we are all treated equally. If you guys are concidered or treated differently then it's time for change. Hope you guys can pull it off this time. I will be puting a donation into the cause to bring AMFA to the AA property. Good luck gentlemen...
The separation issue has always been about the line making more than overhaul. The problem has been with some jeolous lovlies not wanting to allow that nor allow GEO pay for those working in high COL areas like NYC, LA, and a few others.

The line should get the GEO pay, I feel, and pay for the line work - I did line for a while in the Navy and even though civilian aviation is nothing like boat ops I still think those that do it deserve every dime.

Reactions: 1 person
The separation issue has always been about the line making more than overhaul. The problem has been with some jeolous lovlies not wanting to allow that nor allow GEO pay for those working in high COL areas like NYC, LA, and a few others.
The line should get the GEO pay, I feel, and pay for the line work - I did line for a while in the Navy and even though civilian aviation is nothing like boat ops I still think those that do it deserve every dime.

Frank, I wish you guys the best while trying to replace the TWU. But I will leave you with this, All mechs should be treated equally...

I started this thread to see how the line stations are doing with signing authorization cards. Since the line stations in the past have started the drives but Tulsa was always difficult to get enough cards. I did not or do not want this to be a line vs overhaul thread.
Lets discuss cards and how we are progressing. Thanks.

I started this thread to see how the line stations are doing with signing authorization cards. Since the line stations in the past have started the drives but Tulsa was always difficult to get enough cards. I did not or do not want this to be a line vs overhaul thread.
Lets discuss cards and how we are progressing. Thanks.

The original set of cards went to Tul and Afw the line got cards this week so most are just now starting their drive here in DFW we are approaching 500 cards signed we expect to complete title I within a week or so and we are talking to title II and are hopeful they will join in soon.

Only a few class 2 stations have cards we are looking for someone in St Louis if anyone can get me a contact that would be great if you are at a station that has not got cards send me a message and I will get you cards.

Thanks for your support,

GO AMFA!!

Reasons for NOT signing an AMFA card:

"How many cards do I have to sign?"
"I've been signing cards for (fill in the blank) _ years, and nothing happens."
"Now is not the time."
"AMFA screwed the NWA guys."
"The TWU has AFL-CIO clout."
"Strength in numbers, BROTHER."
F#@K AMFA!
"O.V Delle -Femine is a realtor." (I am aware Dell retired in 2007)
"Jim Little is working hard for us."
"I love the TWU!"
"I'm a coward."

Reasons for NOT signing an AMFA card:

"How many cards do I have to sign?"
"I've been signing cards for (fill in the blank) _ years, and nothing happens."
"Now is not the time."
"AMFA screwed the NWA guys."
"The TWU has AFL-CIO clout."
"Strength in numbers, BROTHER."
F#@K AMFA!
"O.V Delle -Femine is a realtor." (I am aware Dell retired in 2007)
"Jim Little is working hard for us."
"I love the TWU!"
"I'm a coward."

Well now, there's a big surprise. LOL Maybe you, Overspeed, HSS, & realitycheck (nube) can get together and console each other, cause nobody wants anything to do with your weak a$$ union!

I have a question for anyone not wanting to sign an AMFA card.
If you were non-union and looking to organize, knowing what you know about the TWU, would you sign a TWU card?
We can argue back and forth about the track record of both unions but the democratic structure/accountability at AMFA should be enough for anyone to see that with AMFA at least the members have some input into the direction of the union.

TO answer the thread SAN is solid AMFA!

swamt: dennis burchette and the international
Have always tried to pit line against overhaul
and vice versa. The twu fears a unified work
force which is what we have now after back-
to-back NO votes. AMFA will fight for the whole
Membership. Thanks for your support!

Reactions: 2 people
Frank, I wish you guys the best while trying to replace the TWU. But I will leave you with this, All mechs should be treated equally...

Yes. Line Mechanics in the high cost areas should be afforded a comparable lifestyle like our Brothers and Sisters in Tulsa. The offset is the geographical premium for Title I and II personnel.

Reactions: 2 people
TO answer the thread SAN is solid AMFA!

swamt: dennis burchette and the international
Have always tried to pit line against overhaul
and vice versa. The twu fears a unified work
force which is what we have now after back-
to-back NO votes. AMFA will fight for the whole
Membership. Thanks for your support!
I've been hearing rumblings about some "spoilers" about to show their faces in hopes of diluting any AMFA support - so far, rumors only.

We shall see what this next week brings, I guess.

I've been hearing rumblings about some "spoilers" about to show their faces in hopes of diluting any AMFA support - so far, rumors only.

We shall see what this next week brings, I guess.
Let's just get this done, it's way past due. We need all hands on deck to collect AMFA cards ASAP!