A.M.F.A. support at the line stations?

June 12th Teamsters are coming to Tulsa to begin a card drive.
I was told that an IAM supporter from ORD sent 2000 cards to TUL. The only way for the IAM to raid the TWU would be the US merger.

Then the question of who will be the surviving union, arises. Who is buying whom and so on.

I was told that an IAM supporter from ORD sent 2000 cards to TUL. The only way for the IAM to raid the TWU would be the US merger.

Then the question of who will be the surviving union, arises. Who is buying whom and so on.

There is the problem.

It looks like a merger of some sort is in both of our futures, and if that was to happen, there will be a vote to elect a union to represent the combined group.

And after 5 years into the IAM Pension Plan, you might find it hard to get some of these people here to want to elect a new or different union to represent us.

Although, your group would be the majority, you might find it hard to convince some from around here to give up a whopping $284 per month from the IAM Pension Plan that we have earn so far.

We've had so much taken from us over the years, to many around here that sum means alot.

It might get interesting, to say the least.

There is the problem.

It looks like a merger of some sort is in both of our futures, and if that was to happen, there will be a vote to elect a union to represent the combined group.

And after 5 years into the IAM Pension Plan, you might find it hard to get some of these people here to want to elect a new or different union to represent us.

Although, your group would be the majority, you might find it hard to convince some from around here to give up a whopping $284 per month from the IAM Pension Plan that we have earn so far.

We've had so much taken from us over the years, to many around here that sum means alot.

It might get interesting, to say the least.

So the only answer is, is to have an election and vote AMFA.

Reactions: 2 people
June 12th Teamsters are coming to Tulsa to begin a card drive.
Funny how a couple of years ago the Teamsters sent a letter out that they have NO interest in organizing at AA. Now rumor has it they will be in Tulsa next week.
The only reason or motive is to steer interest away from AMFA. They will use the Northwest strike as a failure. We all know all unions have failures but none like the TWU.

The Teamsters will not have enough support in Tulsa.
The Teamsters will not have ANY support at the line stations.
They will try to drive away AMFA support so not enough interest will be obtained.
The Teamsters have no interest to organize other than to help the TWU
drive away AMFA support.
LETS NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!!
We need AMFA to be on the ballot. Not a fill in choice.

Reactions: 1 person
Funny how a couple of years ago the Teamsters sent a letter out that they have NO interest in organizing at AA. Now rumor has it they will be in Tulsa next week.
The only reason or motive is to steer interest away from AMFA. They will use the Northwest strike as a failure. We all know all unions have failures but none like the TWU.

The Teamsters will not have enough support in Tulsa.
The Teamsters will not have ANY support at the line stations.
They will try to drive away AMFA support so not enough interest will be obtained.
The Teamsters have no interest to organize other than to help the TWU
drive away AMFA support.
LETS NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!!
We need AMFA to be on the ballot. Not a fill in choice.
I hope you REEEEEAAAALLLLYY understand and everybody understands how correct you really are. You guys have to shun them, and shun them HARD. Everybody at UAL did not take the teamsters seriously, thinking they just left the iam, theres no way they will fall for the teamster bull. But, as we now know, people fell for it. And now regret it.

Reactions: 1 person
I have a question for anyone not wanting to sign an AMFA card.
If you were non-union and looking to organize, knowing what you know about the TWU, would you sign a TWU card?
We can argue back and forth about the track record of both unions but the democratic structure/accountability at AMFA should be enough for anyone to see that with AMFA at least the members have some input into the direction of the union.

I am not with the TWU, or AMFA, but it interesting how readily the association supporters are willing to throw up the "lets compare" argument. How can you compare philosophies and wishes with reality and fact? Fact: TWU has kept work in house at AA while every other airline has outsourced. Fact; AMFA has consistently lost work to MRO vendors at each and every one of their current and former properties. Fact; other Unions fight to bring back work and improve language to create more in house jobs creating recalls and hiring new mechanics. Fact; AMFA cuts it's losses promising more to those few mechanics who remain. Fact; In a merger situation other Unions such as the Teamsters will continue to fight for the rights of their former employees (Air Trans/ Southwest, Teamsters continue to fight for seniority rights for Air Tran former IBT members). Fact; AMFA says "see ya" to former members even before the ink is dry (Mesaba Airlines former and longest running AMFA mechanics were systematically dumped by AMFA Local 11 on Jan 4, 2012 after merging with Pinnacle. A few conference calls and a couple of meetings were initiated but Mesaba mechanics were mostly left out to dry). In the end, AMFA simply has nothing but pie in the sky promises that simply can never expect to become reality. Just ask the former UAL AMFA members. They were promised plenty, then left after a few short years for a reason (the vote to leave AMFA was around 70% I think?). There is no comparison, AMFA will leave you with dreams.

I am not with the TWU, or AMFA, but it interesting how readily the association supporters are willing to throw up the "lets compare" argument. How can you compare philosophies and wishes with reality and fact? Fact: TWU has kept work in house at AA while every other airline has outsourced. Fact; AMFA has consistently lost work to MRO vendors at each and every one of their current and former properties. Fact; other Unions fight to bring back work and improve language to create more in house jobs creating recalls and hiring new mechanics. Fact; AMFA cuts it's losses promising more to those few mechanics who remain. Fact; In a merger situation other Unions such as the Teamsters will continue to fight for the rights of their former employees (Air Trans/ Southwest, Teamsters continue to fight for seniority rights for Air Tran former IBT members). Fact; AMFA says "see ya" to former members even before the ink is dry (Mesaba Airlines former and longest running AMFA mechanics were systematically dumped by AMFA Local 11 on Jan 4, 2012 after merging with Pinnacle. A few conference calls and a couple of meetings were initiated but Mesaba mechanics were mostly left out to dry). In the end, AMFA simply has nothing but pie in the sky promises that simply can never expect to become reality. Just ask the former UAL AMFA members. They were promised plenty, then left after a few short years for a reason (the vote to leave AMFA was around 70% I think?). There is no comparison, AMFA will leave you with dreams.

FACT: TWU supporters have to keep showing up under different user names, claiming they are neutral and then commence to AMFA bashing.

FACT: AMFA supporters are not that gullible.

FACT: That crap might fly at the TWU Union Hall, but not here.

FACT: TWU has only kept work in-house by decimating the pay and benefits of overhaul jobs.

FACT: Now that doesn't even work and work will be outsourced.

FACT: TWU supporters have to keep showing up under different user names, claiming they are neutral and then commence to AMFA bashing.

FACT: AMFA supporters are not that gullible.

FACT: That crap might fly at the TWU Union Hall, but not here.

FACT: TWU has only kept work in-house by decimating the pay and benefits of overhaul jobs.

FACT: Now that doesn't even work and work will be outsourced.

Was that a YIP? Next time try a YOP...

I am not with American Airlines, nor do I know your internal struggles. What I do know is that your airline HAS more in house mechanics than virtually any other Airline. I know other Airlines under AMFA representation have LOST jobs.

An open forum sometimes means you will get opinions from other sources, airlines, and work groups. Outsiders tend to see past the rhetoric and cloud of confusion created by politics.

Can you hear that, Mr Horton?

Was that a YIP? Next time try a YOP...

I am not with American Airlines, nor do I know your internal struggles. What I do know is that your airline HAS more in house mechanics than virtually any other Airline. I know other Airlines under AMFA representation have LOST jobs.

An open forum sometimes means you will get opinions from other sources, airlines, and work groups. Outsiders tend to see past the rhetoric and cloud of confusion created by politics.

Can you hear that, Mr Horton?

Well come to work for $9.00 per hour and learn first hand. But you must be a relative without skill to get the job.

Keep bragging about more mechanics, while 25% of them are sub-standard pay and benefits qualifying for food stamps and government assistance, while the rest are at the bottom on the industry in pay and benefits.

Well worth a brag I guess

we go to minimum wage and eliminate the jobless rate.
would that be a bragger too?

It is the companies that keep or outsource the work.

I respectfully disagree that a company will keep work in house today. Companies shoot from the hip, and rely on accountants to make decisions. These numbers are not always in the best interest of the companies long term viability. Just ask any aircraft mechanic how often a bone head company decision to save money actually costs more in the long run. I believe for many years American and the leadership did it right. Unfortunately times have changed for AA, and they are turning towards the outsourcing direction of other airlines to "cut costs". Truly unfortunate, because vendors can not compete in reliability with in house workers. But with so many MRO's in this country, over 4000 at last count, and the chance to buy maintenance on the "cheap" it is a struggle for any of us in the airlines to keep our jobs. Our combined voices and strong experienced Union leadership do lend some help towards that fight.

Well come to work for $9.00 per hour and learn first hand. But you must be a relative without skill to get the job.

Keep bragging about more mechanics, while 25% of them are sub-standard pay and benefits, while the rest are at the bottom on the industry in pay and benefits.

Well worth a brag I guess

I have been monkeying around air machines for over 27 years. As a mechanic, I have seen the hit on our craft first hand. I do not blame any of the Unions, including AMFA. I am simply stating that you too will need strength rather than promises if you want to keep alive in this industry much longer. I agree with you on the substandard pay, so no thanks. I'll stay where I am.