A Rat In Your Ranks

UnionAMT

Advanced
Feb 15, 2008
Delta flight attendants, beware of a flight attendant that is within your ranks.
is one of Delta's union-busters working within and amongst you.

Moderator note:
Name deleted. Do NOT post names.

Delta flight attendants, beware of a flight attendant that is within your ranks.

SO Delta HIRED him as a F/A just to "poison" US ?
Get Real. You think he is the only one who has anti Union sentiment?
I second Southwind, WHo cares! Many Flight attendants at Delta
have various stances on the Union. However MOST of us respect ones
opinion and don't resort to personal attacks.

UnionAMT.... one can believe that you are actually hired by Delta for the
anti Union cause. Reading ANY of your post's make one RETHINK if they
really want to be apart of a Union. THis Hatred, US vs THem will NOT win over
many votes.

I am against unionization also. Does this make me a rat? This person DELETED BY MODERATOR is a member of our Delta family, assuming you know what you are talking about. Do you expect him to be persecuted because he is against unionization? The rats are those who look down on people because they have different views. Look in the mirror perhaps?

MOD NOTE: Identifying non public figures by name without permission is not permitted.

I am against unionization also. Does this make me a rat? This person DELETED BY MODERATOR is a member of our Delta family, assuming you know what you are talking about. Do you expect him to be persecuted because he is against unionization? The rats are those who look down on people because they have different views. Look in the mirror perhaps?
This guy who calls him/herself UnionAMT is anything but. He is not representative of any true union supporter. Just ignore hime/her.

MOD NOTE: Identifying non public figures by name without permission is not permitted.
Delta family get real that's long gone..........

No? Sounds like most of the Union people I've known.
Have you ever been a member of a Union?

Until you have been a member, you don't know what "most of the union people" are like. The majority are silent partners in a struggle for better wages, working conditions, and job security.

Tech--

He has no clue what it's like.

Remember, this is a guy who attended parties in the homes of mgmt., while not being able to figure out why he had a rough go of it on the shop floor.

Pay him no mind; he's here only to stir the pot, not to add fact or insight.

.........only if you want it to be. I recently found out the Delta family still exists.

I have had a number of special experiences with the Delta family in my life. As a loyal Delta passenger, if I see the leagcy of the "Delta Family" spirit be consumed by employee or managment, labor foolishness, due to this merger, it will be a sad, sad thing.

Have you ever been a member of a Union?

Until you have been a member, you don't know what "most of the union people" are like. The majority are silent partners in a struggle for better wages, working conditions, and job security.
As I have said here before, I had to join a union to work for Beech Aircraft Corp. in Boulder, Colo. Until that time I had virtually no opinion about unions, good or bad.
I also worked in an open shop where it was supposed to be membership optional, but non-membership was at your own risk, and the danger came from activist union recruiting.
Furthermore, if you're going to quote me, try to get it correct. I said "most of the union people I've known." Obviously, I have not known every union worker there is, and I have known a few union members who don't exactly fit the mold. OTOH, practically every union post I've seen here reinforces my opinion. Though, yours tend to be more civil than most.
As for your 'silent partners' slant; by paying dues and lending support through your membership, you are a part of any action the union or its other members carry out. You are who you choose to associate yourself with.
He has no clue what it's like.

Remember, this is a guy who attended parties in the homes of mgmt., while not being able to figure out why he had a rough go of it on the shop floor.

Pay him no mind; he's here only to stir the pot, not to add fact or insight.
You really should engage your brain before making idiotic comments like this.
I am here (at Delta) because here, I don't have to put up with the [garbage] that permeates every facet of working in a union shop. The 'us against them' fear and mob mentality doesn't work here and your (union) propensity toward shuffling truths to create lies and disinformation doesn't either.
The several posts you tried to combine, clearly separated conditions and occurrences I've experienced in union shops vs. non-union. The post about parties clearly stated that they were Delta people, and mostly shop parties or dinners that were hosted in an informal atmosphere, by supervisors. I've also been to functions hosted by workers, where supervisors were invited and in attendance.
In answer to a specific question about supervisors helping those who work in their areas, I went on to give personal examples of exactly that. I could also give examples of managers helping re-roof or tile and carpet the floors of a house that belonged to someone who worked for them, but that wouldn't have been a first person account.
Nothing like any of this was ever done at the unionized companies. I don't believe it would have been possible in the union environments, due to the adversarial atmosphere created and perpetuated by the unions. But then, we don't have the unions at Delta, dictating with whom we can and cannot associate.
Do you know anything of the personal lives of your managers?
Didn't think so.

Do you know anything of the personal lives of your managers?
Didn't think so.

No, and that's by choice. It's none of my business, just like mine is one of theirs.

I think that there should be a clear dividing line between my work life and personal life. That has always been the case whether (sp?) I was working in a union shop or an open one.

No, and that's by choice. It's none of my business, just like mine is one of theirs.

I think that there should be a clear dividing line between my work life and personal life. That has always been the case whether (sp?) I was working in a union shop or an open one.

Ha! My manager and I just got back from 18 holes of golf and a cocktail cruise. Good times! Next week, I'm going to his daughter's bat mitzvah. Also, he recently sponsored me on a charity walk-a-thon for heart disease. Now granted I no longer work for the airlines... but do you think we could do this with a union???? Dream on. We'd probably be shot before we reached the second hole.

Ha! My manager and I just got back from 18 holes of golf and a cocktail cruise. Good times! Next week, I'm going to his daughter's bat mitzvah. Also, he recently sponsored me on a charity walk-a-thon for heart disease. Now granted I no longer work for the airlines...

Hey, good for you. Whatever works. Like I said, my personal life is personal, work is work, and never the two shall meet.

but do you think we could do this with a union???? Dream on. We'd probably be shot before we reached the second hole.

Sure you could, but it starts with respect being a two-way street. I certainly don't see that occuring in the current enviroment.

Latest posts