AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

If I can remember, because you and I talked on the phone before. You are on the TWU Mechanic’s side.
If you feel you need a change, then more power to ya. My only suggestion to ya would be that you might want to contact just one of the thousands of FORMER NW mechanics that thought they wanted a change too. They came running to the IAM saying they made a mistake after it was too late.
But again, if it’s what you feel you need to do, then more power to ya.
You are correct yes maintenance. I doubt very much there was a lot of running. Either way its clear our voice is not being heard, ill take my chance with change. I tried the change from within its been made very clear that will not be allowed.

You are correct yes maintenance. I doubt very much there was a lot of running. Either way its clear our voice is not being heard, ill take my chance with change. I tried the change from within its been made very clear that will not be allowed.
Ok. Not going to debate you!! You can doubt all you want. Like I said. More power to ya.

I’m not sure, I can only give you my opinion. But the association probably didn’t post the meetings because they don’t expect anything happening next week. Again, that’s just my opinion.
So dont disturb the membership with an update on new dates?
I could be wrong but i thought it said in the last update Dec 14th that if new dates were set they would let us know?

So dont disturb the membership with an update on new dates?
I could be wrong but i thought it said in the last update Dec 14th that if new dates were set they would let us know?
Did you read my first post? I said they are meeting next week, and as of now there are no more dates. But after next weeks meetings, if more dates are scheduled, then they will be announced.

Ok. Not going to debate you!! You can doubt all you want. Like I said. More power to ya.
It would seem that whats not said can be more telling then what is actually said.
It seems that medical and retirement isnt in updates lately.
Has it been settled that the iam medical will be allowed to sunset until 2023? Or has it been figured out how to "fence em in"
Has it also been agreed that ALL new hires are placed in the iam pension plan?

Did you read my first post? I said they are meeting next week, and as of now there are no more dates. But after next weeks meetings, if more dates are scheduled, then they will be announced.
No did not miss your post, and i do appreciate it. The point being is we are told just listen to official post from the association. So if more dates are announced after next week will they actually be announced like the ones next week?I must have missed that update. Again i stress the lack of communication, when the membership is blown off with this little tidbit what other tidbits are we missing? It clearly allows speculation and rumors that are allowed to flourish. Why?

It would seem that whats not said can be more telling then what is actually said.
It seems that medical and retirement isnt in updates lately.
Has it been settled that the iam medical will be allowed to sunset until 2023? Or has it been figured out how to "fence em in"
Has it also been agreed that ALL new hires are placed in the iam pension plan?
Well since we do not have a AIP. Nothing has been agreed to.

No did not miss your post, and i do appreciate it. The point being is we are told just listen to official post from the association. So if more dates are announced after next week will they actually be announced like the ones next week?I must have missed that update. Again i stress the lack of communication, when the membership is blown off with this little tidbit what other tidbits are we missing? It clearly allows speculation and rumors that are allowed to flourish. Why?
First of all, you have been around long enough to know, that no matter how much info is shared, rumors will flourish. Just ask the famous “ fly on the wall “ And just a FYI. Maybe people with more info to give the few that are on here, would get on here more often if they didn’t get attacked every time they were on here. Some of you hate the association, I get that. There are some on here that even hate the union. I get that. And sure, express your frustrations all you want, but some posters on here amaze me on how they call people with info every name in the book, but then criticize why they don’t get on here with info.
Makes about as much since as your boys card signing drive.

So when do you see an aip?
I understand strictly speculation
Completely honest with you. I did feel
Good about next week. But now I don’t. Hopefully I’m wrong, and if I am, your more than welcome to get on here and say that I don’t have a clue.

First of all, you have been around long enough to know, that no matter how much info is shared, rumors will flourish. Just ask the famous “ fly on the wall “ And just a FYI. Maybe people with more info to give the few that are on here, would get on here more often if they didn’t get attacked every time they were on here. Some of you hate the association, I get that. There are some on here that even hate the union. I get that. And sure, express your frustrations all you want, but some posters on here amaze me on how they call people with info every name in the book, but then criticize why they don’t get on here with info.
Makes about as much since as your boys card signing drive.
I agree with the info and rumors. And some people will never be happy. What i resent is being taken for granted. Im a big boy i can take the bad news as well as the good. **** happens i understand that. Do i hate the association ? Now yes, what i do despise is the missed opportunity the associatiob had to di good. Up to now the only thing im seeing is politics and self preservation, what happened to the greater good? Disillusioned with the lack of urgency from what ever orginazition be it the company, the iam the twu or the association it matters not. Its clear the memberships interest are not being served by anyone of them. What i do regret is that the law suit brought by local 565 was not explained clearly to the membership and what it actually meant to us. But then i suspect that was a political law suit for attention. "They sued them to become them".

Completely honest with you. I did feel
Good about next week. But now I don’t. Hopefully I’m wrong, and if I am, your more than welcome to get on here and say that I don’t have a clue.
No, thats actually the answer that i expected. And i do beleive you are being honest in it. What i would be curious as to what changed your opnion on next week if your not comfortable saying i understand or you could message me.

I agree with the info and rumors. And some people will never be happy. What i resent is being taken for granted. Im a big boy i can take the bad news as well as the good. **** happens i understand that. Do i hate the association ? Now yes, what i do despise is the missed opportunity the associatiob had to di good. Up to now the only thing im seeing is politics and self preservation, what happened to the greater good? Disillusioned with the lack of urgency from what ever orginazition be it the company, the iam the twu or the association it matters not. Its clear the memberships interest are not being served by anyone of them. What i do regret is that the law suit brought by local 565 was not explained clearly to the membership and what it actually meant to us. But then i suspect that was a political law suit for attention. "They sued them to become them".
You do understand that your asking a IAM fleet negotiator to explain to you a lawsuit brought on by TWU 565? Ok I’ll give you my answer. And that is, I don’t have a clue. Maybe you should ask your TWU 565 boys to explain. And if they refuse? Then yes, I agree, you have a issue.
I can only tell you that being IAM Clt based fleet, if we had a lawsuit, I would fully explain why to my members.

You do understand that your asking a IAM fleet negotiator to explain to you a lawsuit brought on by TWU 565? Ok I’ll give you my answer. And that is, I don’t have a clue. Maybe you should ask your TWU 565 boys to explain. And if they refuse? Then yes, I agree, you have a issue.
I can only tell you that being IAM Clt based fleet, if we had a lawsuit, I would fully explain why to my members.
I was asking to explain why you felt good about next week, but not anymore.

Im sure how the iam felt about the lawsuit. Probably what caused the first year or two of delays. I can understand that. If i were in their shoes i wouldnt be in any tush to be cooperative

Latest posts

Back