AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Well you know what they say about assuming.
And you would be wrong I’m IAM and they are just as useless as the TWU

Well sir, if your IAM and you think your going to be treated better by voting out the association when you are by far the minority in numbers to the TWU, then by all means do what you feel you need to do. There is no reasoning with you.
The association whether you want to agree or not was the best thing that could have happened to a LUS mechanic. But go ahead and vote your seniority away. I’ll be the first to congratulate you when your successful.

As of now, they are meeting next week, and there are no more dates to be scheduled. Your not being left out with the info. You know what we know. But next week of course there could be more dates scheduled.

They (the membership) DOES NOT know what you know, or as you state, what we know. Where have you been? Lost. As we all see...

If I can remember, because you and I talked on the phone before. You are on the TWU Mechanic’s side.
If you feel you need a change, then more power to ya. My only suggestion to ya would be that you might want to contact just one of the thousands of FORMER NW mechanics that thought they wanted a change too. They came running to the IAM saying they made a mistake after it was too late.
But again, if it’s what you feel you need to do, then more power to ya.

We have contacted, as well, as have walked next to and with "FORMER NW" mechanics, as you have suggested. We know the history, as you do too. And they did not come running to the IAM as you are suggesting. This is in fact just one of the many stories that will come as the AMFA card drive keeps going as strong as it is. CB you are so full of shite your eyes are brown!!! Get a clue dude...

Well sir, if your IAM and you think your going to be treated better by voting out the association when you are by far the minority in numbers to the TWU, then by all means do what you feel you need to do. There is no reasoning with you.
The association whether you want to agree or not was the best thing that could have happened to a LUS mechanic. But go ahead and vote your seniority away. I’ll be the first to congratulate you when your successful.
Are you freakin serious?? Hah!

CB, sign a card for AMFA. Then you would not have to worry about any rumors and no info being sent to the membership. Even the info you are now trying to deliver is lacking all kinds of details. Fire these MoFo's people!!!

So you finally admit that this poor excuse of representation bka the ASS hats was nothing more then a scam to disenfranchise the AAers. You clowns should be in jail smh

i would have to agree with you initially. the association was the best thing for a lus mechanic absolutely, now 5 years into the take over no, not anymore. lus clearly has a seat at the table as an equal partner. any loss in benefits the retirement and or the medical is a forgone conclusion, as i have stated many times before it was the inaction as a partner that the iam created the wedge that allowed the company to exploit.
but separately the retirement plan is a dead issue anyone that would like to continue in is has to be nuts. a 9% match on a 401k plan with active management is a no brainier. with the money we make if you cannot contribute 5% you clearly live above your means and no amount of help will change that.
the medical? again you had a chance at it but i believe and in my opinion you blew the chance at keeping it by the lack of solidarity. i actually brought the point up to Gary Peterson at one time that someone should actually "professionally" compare the cost of the plans i.e. the monthly premium cost versus the actual out of pocket cost. the idea was blown off. i have heard the aa plan is actually better that it covers more while the lus plan is cheaper but covers less. once again a blown opportunity by the association or the twu to raise support among other work groups i.e. the pilots,flight attendants and gate agents if the lus plan is actually better or se. so which is better or more expensive i just dont have the information to make an informed decision. thats kind of why i pay union dues to see thru the clutter and provide the information needed to make an informed decision.

as far as seniority i dont see where they are voting anything away. occupational seniority is dove tailed so thats a non issue. as far as premium seniority the way the twu does it just using occupational dates makes it a little easier.

if you bid a premium job i.e. crew chief or inspector your seniority is your occupational date. so it doesnt matter when you bid seniority prevails.

on the iam side when you get hired you have an occupational date, if you bid a cc job six month's later you get a second date. if you bid an inspector job a year later you get a third seniority date. and you keep those dates forever.
so the strategy behind it is to get hired bid a job give it up wait until you have enough seniority to hold something good or an opportune time and get back in. to me it seems like a scam to hide in the weeds kind of like hidig behind a legal loophole like the creation of the association.

either way doesnt really matter to me as far as im concerned i can scam the system as well as anyone else.

no i dont see the downside to leaving the association. i can however see the upside to leaving the association for maintenance. as i have said many times before its clear that the association has failed to prove its value to the membership. they represent to many groups to possibly make it happen, to much of a different priority system for each group. they had the opportunity they missed it and continue to miss it to this day.

Last edited:
So you finally admit that this poor excuse of representation bka the ASS hats was nothing more then a scam to disenfranchise the AAers. You clowns should be in jail smh

Yup, and a way to keep dues flowing to the IAM coffers.

First of all, we are in mediated talks. The NMB decides when we meet and where and how long. The other groups, although yes, negotiating with the company, are not in mediation.
So we will continue to meet whenever the NMB schedules talks, regardless of what the other groups are doing.
Ok. Thx.

as far as seniority i dont see where they are voting anything away. occupational seniority is dove tailed so thats a non issue. as far as premium seniority the way the twu does it just using occupational dates makes it a little easier.

if you bid a premium job i.e. crew chief or inspector your seniority is your occupational date. so it doesnt matter when you bid seniority prevails.

on the iam side when you get hired you have an occupational date, if you bid a cc job six month's later you get a second date. if you bid an inspector job a year later you get a third seniority date. and you keep those dates forever.
so the strategy behind it is to get hired bid a job give it up wait until you have enough seniority to hold something good or an opportune time and get back in. to me it seems like a scam to hide in the weeds kind of like hidig behind a legal loophole like the creation of the association.

either way doesnt really matter to me as far as im concerned i can scam the system as well as anyone else.

no i dont see the downside to leaving the association. i can however see the upside to leaving the association for maintenance. as i have said many times before its clear that the association has failed to prove its value to the membership. they represent to many groups to possibly make it happen, to much of a different priority system for each group. they had the opportunity they missed it and continue to miss it to this day.

there was and to some, still is, a seniority issue.

remember, some iam had previous seniority at piedmont and others (psa, i believe) count when the twu & iam seniorities finally get integrated.

not the case for twu. i believe only the air cal people (1983) count.

in the twu's haste to form the assoc. with the iam, this wasn't addressed. addressing it by having javits put 2 pieces of a huge puzzle together..they could have gotten someone with a lobotomy to put the list together.

the iam people who lost time due to p/t status, should have also had that addressed.

all that would have been too fair.

leave the iam people alone...they had to be bewildered that the twu decided to give them so much power and give them supreme relevancy.

the twu focuses have taken a back seat to the iam focuses (pension & insurance). sito decides?

the company picked up on that, proposing to the more relevant iam DOUBLE the signing bonus of the twu.

F&(king galling after the iam people had more holidays/holiday pay/sick time/cheaper insurance after their 2014 stand-alone deal.

My only suggestion to ya would be that you might want to contact just one of the thousands of FORMER NW mechanics that thought they wanted a change too. They came running to the IAM saying they made a mistake after it was too late.

I didn’t know your worked at NW. I did, and STILL haven’t met a single person that regrets how everything played out.

This is nothing more than fear mongering.

First of all, you have been around long enough to know, that no matter how much info is shared, rumors will flourish. Just ask the famous “ fly on the wall “ And just a FYI. Maybe people with more info to give the few that are on here, would get on here more often if they didn’t get attacked every time they were on here. Some of you hate the association, I get that. There are some on here that even hate the union. I get that. And sure, express your frustrations all you want, but some posters on here amaze me on how they call people with info every name in the book, but then criticize why they don’t get on here with info.
Makes about as much since as your boys card signing drive.

CB’s out here acting like an abusive spouse.

“You’ll never do better than what you’ve got right now.”

GTFOH.

Truth! My hope is that someday these guys realize just how much they have harmed not only our craft/classes, but also labor in general.

there was and to some, still is, a seniority issue.

remember, some iam had previous seniority at piedmont and others (psa, i believe) count when the twu & iam seniorities finally get integrated.

not the case for twu. i believe only the air cal people (1983) count.

in the twu's haste to form the assoc. with the iam, this wasn't addressed. addressing it by having javits put 2 pieces of a huge puzzle together..they could have gotten someone with a lobotomy to put the list together.

the iam people who lost time due to p/t status, should have also had that addressed.

all that would have been too fair.

Yes I am on of those who lost 8 months of my DOH seniority thanks to the IAM.
So not sure how CB thinks my seniority is all so important to the IAM

I didn’t know your worked at NW. I did, and STILL haven’t met a single person that regrets how everything played out.

This is nothing more than fear mongering.

CB’s out here acting like an abusive spouse.

“You’ll never do better than what you’ve got right now.”

GTFOH.

Truth! My hope is that someday these guys realize just how much they have harmed not only our craft/classes, but also labor in general.

True. But they do not care about anyone other than themselves and their unaccountable cohorts.

Pays to be a made man!

+1

I used to give him passing credit for at least coming on here and offering up his phone number. He lost me for good when he took a massive raise while the people he represents get nothing. That was sealed when he bragged about not having actually worked a flight in years.

Back