AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

I tried to warn you guys what a manipulative douche Weez was years ago but many of you were his fans.
Not sure who yo are referring to when you say "many of you", but the person you mention has no fans who continue to post here. They all have slithered away instead of standing up and admitting they were wrong.

Don't forget Parker added some contractors at AA to the profit sharing plan. Catering and security companies that help out on a daily basis.
Interesting. No, I didn't know that. Too bad on sharing the payout from Boeing.
Really it boils down to too many employees, and such a low amount being shared.
But, at least it is being shared with the employees.

Last update from the association

dec 14
Correct. And it's been the same "no progress" update since way back in Sept. That's right, go look at all the updates on the first page back to Sept.
And on this Dec 14th last update they are still not close on:
1-Compensation
2-Retro Pay
3-Payroll System (this one just came up as a new subject)
4-Scope Protections
5-Vacation

Watch what comes out in the upcoming meetings next week. All of a sudden there will be a T/A or AIP. All because of the energetic AMFA card drive. What they have been stalled out on for past couple years will magically be agreed to next week somehow...

I suspect that phone conversations have been ongoing and that if they truly meet next week it will be to finalize the AIP.

I have no proof of this but the deal is this I can’t see any agreement being made if no progress is made before the end of Jan
We will most definitely be put on Ice till late in the year

A card drive always puts pressure on a union especially when the union is engaged in negotiations. This has been going on for years. With the TWU the ones that are reluctant to sign for this reason will then later say we should have signed cards because the TWU screwed us again. Then the cycle continues again. We keep doing the same thing and the same results transpire. It's insane how we continue to accept the failures of the TWU contract after contract.

I suspect that phone conversations have been ongoing and that if they truly meet next week it will be to finalize the AIP.

I have no proof of this but the deal is this I can’t see any agreement being made if no progress is made before the end of Jan
We will most definitely be put on Ice till late in the year
For some reason i doubt anything will happen. At all.

A card drive always puts pressure on a union especially when the union is engaged in negotiations. This has been going on for years. With the TWU the ones that are reluctant to sign for this reason will then later say we should have signed cards because the TWU screwed us again. Then the cycle continues again. We keep doing the same thing and the same results transpire. It's insane how we continue to accept the failures of the TWU contract after contract.
What does that kind of pressure do?Does it pressure them into getting a good contract or pressure them to get an inadequate contract faster?

Correct. And it's been the same "no progress" update since way back in Sept. That's right, go look at all the updates on the first page back to Sept.
And on this Dec 14th last update they are still not close on:
1-Compensation
2-Retro Pay
3-Payroll System (this one just came up as a new subject)
4-Scope Protections
5-Vacation

Watch what comes out in the upcoming meetings next week. All of a sudden there will be a T/A or AIP. All because of the energetic AMFA card drive. What they have been stalled out on for past couple years will magically be agreed to next week somehow...

Oh good, they are making progress.
Four years and we are down to these few issues. Let's see what the next four years brings to the table.
See what happens when you have a dysfunctional association of two diverse unions in the mix with a dozen groups of different job descriptions. Too many me too demands. We need separation from the association and negotiate for our respective title groups. This is what I tell guys and they either agree or didn't know. That's what gets cards signed. Spread the word. Ignore the association lies about how changing unions will have a negative affect on the members and current negotiations. Slowly we are converting the sheep into lions. Sign a card and become a leader of your negotiation.

Soon enough we will see if we get more association releases on the grass roots card drive or the negotiations. We will see what's more important to the association.
Negotiations?
Dues?
Card drive?
I'm bored with this.
Either put something on the table for us to consider
or shut up.
Meat, fish or chicken?
Are we hungry enough to force the hand of the negotiators to put something on the table?

What does that kind of pressure do?Does it pressure them into getting a good contract or pressure them to get an inadequate contract faster?
Protect the dues and spread lies and create division between the card signers. Getting a good contract only worked once. The 2000 contract. AKA- The AMFA contract.

Reactions: swamt
Fake news!!
It was out during the 2017 or 2018 year in a company release. Somewhere probably on jetnet. I remember my fellow employees were extremely pissed when it came out. Go find the info on your own if you don't believe me. The PS plan sucks anyway no matter how you divide it up because the company kept reducing the percentage payout as the profits increased.

Latest posts