AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

According to Tim Nelson on Facebook, the Fleet will pick up 5 new stations.
I would like to know the cost of that?

Because if there are any Good Old Boys, you know like Aviation Junkie is talking about in Fleet Service, they need to go...

IAH SNA MSY BNA DTW. Im surprised that DTW will be mainline. I know in 05 or earlier that was one of many closed up by US. Glad to see fleet wise we wld gain 5 cities.

I asked a simple question. Has there EVER been a person of color at the international level with AMFA.
Not the local level.
Instead of dodging my question and calling me a racist.
Anwswer my Question with the Truth. Good old Boys

AJ; Like DFW gen said you can change the trend if you do your own leg work get knowledgeable about what AMFA is about and what it does for our Class and Craft. You can get involved since that is the only way anyone is going to get into office knowing the job. Experience goes along way.
Who have been the leaders of the TWU over the last 35 yrs? Race matter there? Is that been a good ole boys club as well. What about the IAM & IBT?
Who have the officer of the TWU been since your employment here at AA? Did you feel slighted as a Hispanic with those leaders in place?

It just seems to me and others here by the comments made about your statements or back to you that you are looking for someone to say something that will shine a Negative light on the AMFA Organizers or AMFA itself. I for one think you are barking up the wrong tree there. Credibility is what earns you and everyone else respect. Casting a shadow on the people who are attempting to bring a better work environment for you and all of the members of our C&C on this forum is not working for you. You can have your opinion and most will respect that, everyone has different reasons for their thought process and what's important to them.

Read the AMFA Constitution, compare it to the Associations & TWU's. You will see that it will benefit you in the long run if we switch.

Once again NONE of you will answer my question because you know I am correct. It just a question that in todays world makes a difference. Maybe not to you Good old Boys. But to the rest of US. I bet you all support Trump also.

AJ; You are Correct NO ONE is going to play your game, so if you want to take your ball and go home you can do that. No Race, Not Political Affiliation, just guys who want a better way. Whomever the US you talk about is I wish all the best.

You want people here to answer your question, when are you going to do the same? Coming back with child like rants gets you nothing.

Reactions: Shafted
So Cremenyou think ORD is going to be a no vote?

there are a lot of angry people, people angrier than i am.

i will say that the post underneath your's is probably correct.

just remember what churchill said: the best argument against a democracy is a 5 minute conversation with an average voter.

one aa crew chief told me; "yeah, of course, us air bought us, what do you think is going to happen?"

case closed. these types bail out the twu.

Reactions: dfw gen
sorry about the funny rating, but i didnt expect someone the association, the iam, the twu or the company to print out 30,000 copies of a contract and mail it (cant imagine what the cost of that would be) that has not been voted on and or voted in yet. unless of course the fix is in and they know how the vote will turn out. the voting process? there might be enough push back for them to reconsider the method of voting. but then again the association has not really shown a lot of concern about criticism
Agree.

AMFA Local 11 president is African American, AMFA Local 32 local is Portuguese and last president for AMFA Local 14 president was African American.

You are trolling and diverting this blog away from its topic.

Good to hear. Underneath all of AJ's white noise is a very valid point; today's workforce is more diverse than ever, and labor leadership should reflect that.

DFW Gen's point is even more critical- if you want to see change, you must be willing to help affect it.

sorry about the funny rating, but i didnt expect someone the association, the iam, the twu or the company to print out 30,000 copies of a contract and mail it (cant imagine what the cost of that would be) that has not been voted on and or voted in yet. unless of course the fix is in and they know how the vote will turn out. the voting process? there might be enough push back for them to reconsider the method of voting. but then again the association has not really shown a lot of concern about criticism

Vast majority of criticism is on the TWU side, including the alleged voting.

Simple question, are these included in the AIP?

March 26, 2019 The Association said: "Fact: Our proposal is that all “Association Members” receive full retro, from the Company back to the amendable date."

May 10, 2019 The Association said:
"Signing bonus:
The signing bonus of $3,000 is not a bonus at all. In fact, it is a way to ease the pain for most of us on the LAA side to transition from “pay current” to “pay in arrears.” When this happens, you will receive zero money for a paycheck and this $3,000 is for that. The Association is demanding a much higher signing bonus, along with a full paycheck to offset the pay in arrears transition.

Retro Pay:
“Literally millions of dollars are being left on the table with each week that goes by” is what David Seymour and Kerry Philipovitch stated in their letter on April 26, 2019.
If such is the case, then why is there no retro pay is the question each of needs to be asking and demanding? Where has this money gone? Maybe they used it for the 9% bonuses they handed out to management this year. This statement by senior management clearly makes the case for retro pay. Also, let us not forget the 4% raise that was handed out to all, except us. It is clear that they have the money, as it apparently is on a table somewhere. We just hope it is not on the same table that Doug Parker promised to build for negotiations at headquarters. The Association is demanding full retro pay.

When you multiply the $3,000 signing bonus by all of M&R and MLS members,that only equates to $42,000,000. They can afford a legitimate signing bonus and retro pay. It is reasonable compared to the $15 billion spent in stock buybacks for a stagnant stock. The negotiating committee is demanding full retro and a Large signing bonus, and so should you."

Just asking

Simple question, are these included in the AIP?

March 26, 2019 The Association said: "Fact: Our proposal is that all “Association Members” receive full retro, from the Company back to the amendable date."

May 10, 2019 The Association said:
"Signing bonus:
The signing bonus of $3,000 is not a bonus at all. In fact, it is a way to ease the pain for most of us on the LAA side to transition from “pay current” to “pay in arrears.” When this happens, you will receive zero money for a paycheck and this $3,000 is for that. The Association is demanding a much higher signing bonus, along with a full paycheck to offset the pay in arrears transition.

Retro Pay:
“Literally millions of dollars are being left on the table with each week that goes by” is what David Seymour and Kerry Philipovitch stated in their letter on April 26, 2019.
If such is the case, then why is there no retro pay is the question each of needs to be asking and demanding? Where has this money gone? Maybe they used it for the 9% bonuses they handed out to management this year. This statement by senior management clearly makes the case for retro pay. Also, let us not forget the 4% raise that was handed out to all, except us. It is clear that they have the money, as it apparently is on a table somewhere. We just hope it is not on the same table that Doug Parker promised to build for negotiations at headquarters. The Association is demanding full retro pay.

When you multiply the $3,000 signing bonus by all of M&R and MLS members,that only equates to $42,000,000. They can afford a legitimate signing bonus and retro pay. It is reasonable compared to the $15 billion spent in stock buybacks for a stagnant stock. The negotiating committee is demanding full retro and a Large signing bonus, and so should you."

Just asking

Simple answer, the court issue is where all that money went.
And you can thank your union leaders for that boondoggle
So no we won’t get or see that money.
This is what you get when you have no professionals in the room

Latest posts