AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Choosing leadership because you are trying to hit some sort of "diversity quota" is a fools errand. The most qualified should be chosen, simple as that. After all it is COLLECTIVE bargaining.

That’s right; a collective. Not sure about how life in TULE was for you, but in my experience, the workplace is much more diverse than when I hired in. Like night-and-day different.

I think that labor leadership in 2020 should reflect that.

And to be clear, I don’t think it should be done as a simple box checking exercise. I think people from all races/genders/etc. should be competing for leadership roles.

That’s right; a collective. Not sure about how life in TULE was for you, but in my experience, the workplace is much more diverse than when I hired in. Like night-and-day different.

I think that labor leadership in 2020 should reflect that.

And to be clear, I don’t think it should be done as a simple box checking exercise. I think people from all races/genders/etc. should be competing for leadership roles.
OK great, how many "diverse" individuals ran for anything at TULE?

OK great, how many "diverse" individuals ran for anything at TULE?

You tell me; I’ve never worked there.

All I’m saying is that the demographics in aviation have changed a lot since you and I hired in. I think it would help if labor leadership reflected that shift.

Yes, people should be absolutely be competing for those spots. At the same time, the barriers to being elected need to be torn down.

No more white ballots.

No more 1 day voting bullshit

Online (or phone) voting.

And so on.

That is the exact attitudes the co. and asso. wants to hear. So they do not have to go back and fight for. Heard the exact same phrases here at SWA when we got our first low ball offer. No one, and I mean no one, ever thought we would have a chance on getting full retro for over 6.5 years of back pay. BUT, the membership came thru, strong and united as well as our fantastic nego's and got it done. And BTW, it was the #1 priority on the nego's survey list of the membership, so at least everyone was on the same page. When you have a/c mechs getting 50, 60, 80, 100K plus in full retro checks, the company will think twice next time in dragging the nego's out for so long.

It astounds me to hear the responses that I am getting from coworkers about how they are willing to give up and roll over only because of the conditioning that they have undergone here at AA over the decades. Its pathetic. I hope people actually read this proposal in full and see through all the BS the ASS is going to feed us trying to get this POS to pass in order to buy their way out of a lawsuit.

Just think about it. The only reason that many are not willing to fight for a better agreement is due to the lack of confidence in out bargaining unit's ability to negotiate effectively. This dysfunctional and abusive relationship will not stop until WE take the initiative to end it.

Sign a frickin card already. WTF

At the same time, the barriers to being elected need to be torn down.
What barriers? Define them. Give me 3 examples.

No more white ballots.
Meaning? Oh that's right you are one of those that think we should hit "diversity quotas". Did it ever occur to you that perhaps the reason you don't see more "diversity" in the TWU membership is because members of "diversity" simply don't seek election?

And so on.
Considering 99% of what you said is total garbage please give examples of the "so on".

During my tenure with AA I have never known anyone to be denied running for a UNION officer position. Have you personally experienced that?

Let me ask you this, if all people are equal then why must we have a "diversity quota"? Is it not enough for a man to represent his fellow man? Don't you think it is a bit racist to DEMAND representation based on anything but content of character?

Your Democrat blue is showing.

Lets not forget this whole thing started because AviationJunkie tried to play the part of the "oppressed victim". Ask him if HE ever ran for a UNION officer position.

That is the exact attitudes the co. and asso. wants to hear. So they do not have to go back and fight for. Heard the exact same phrases here at SWA when we got our first low ball offer. No one, and I mean no one, ever thought we would have a chance on getting full retro for over 6.5 years of back pay. BUT, the membership came thru, strong and united as well as our fantastic nego's and got it done. And BTW, it was the #1 priority on the nego's survey list of the membership, so at least everyone was on the same page. When you have a/c mechs getting 50, 60, 80, 100K plus in full retro checks, the company will think twice next time in dragging the nego's out for so long.
There is one glaring difference in your situation and mine. You have a union that works for you, I have one that works for themselves and other groups, aircraft mechanics NOT INCLUDED. History has shown over and over and over again, sending these clowns back in will produce an inferior result to what is currently on the table. At best, another work group would benefit more then they already are from the mechanics backs.

There is one glaring difference in your situation and mine. You have a union that works for you, I have one that works for themselves and other groups, aircraft mechanics NOT INCLUDED. History has shown over and over and over again, sending these clowns back in will produce an inferior result to what is currently on the table. At best, another work group would benefit more then they already are from the mechanics backs.
I’m tired of being water boarded like you and everyone else in MnR but I’ve got just enough piss n vinegar left in me to vote no.
We won’t be sending these clowns back to the table if we sign a few more cards. Stand strong brother, get a card signed, vote them out!

Contract Language Talks Progress
February 22, 2020
0 Comments

TWU.IAM_.logo2_-1024x425.jpg

The full negotiating committees continued to meet this week in Dallas, TX to write the remaining language needed to secure the final contract from the Agreement in Principle made with American Airlines. With a few exceptions, the bulk of that work is now done.

Our next task is to work with our attorneys to finalize the language that properly protects our industry leading 401(k) contributions, pension contributions, and profit sharing. It is important to make sure these critical elements are unambiguous. These core tenants of the new agreement are extremely valuable to members while they are working and when they retire, so we must ensure they are foundationally sound. It is our goal to get this exercise done in our meetings next week.

The final piece of the JCBA will be to reach an implementation schedule with the company. We all expect the benefits of these bargaining sessions to come to us as quickly and as reasonably as possible. This is not assured without written agreements outlining the timeframes of when the changes will start.

While it may seem to be a long process to finalize this deal, it is the intent of your negotiators that we get everything that was bargained for, that it is done right and that you know what to expect. We have spent years in a tough fight and we cannot short circuit the negotiations at the end, just to expedite the process.

Your continued patience and support is appreciated – it is what got us here. This industry best contract will prove that the time it has taken was worth it!

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

PDF Version: Association Bulletin-2/22/20Download

im trying to figure out how this covers "many areas?"

Contract Language Talks Progress
February 22, 2020
0 Comments

TWU.IAM_.logo2_-1024x425.jpg

The full negotiating committees continued to meet this week in Dallas, TX to write the remaining language needed to secure the final contract from the Agreement in Principle made with American Airlines. With a few exceptions, the bulk of that work is now done.

Our next task is to work with our attorneys to finalize the language that properly protects our industry leading 401(k) contributions, pension contributions, and profit sharing. It is important to make sure these critical elements are unambiguous. These core tenants of the new agreement are extremely valuable to members while they are working and when they retire, so we must ensure they are foundationally sound. It is our goal to get this exercise done in our meetings next week.

The final piece of the JCBA will be to reach an implementation schedule with the company. We all expect the benefits of these bargaining sessions to come to us as quickly and as reasonably as possible. This is not assured without written agreements outlining the timeframes of when the changes will start.

While it may seem to be a long process to finalize this deal, it is the intent of your negotiators that we get everything that was bargained for, that it is done right and that you know what to expect. We have spent years in a tough fight and we cannot short circuit the negotiations at the end, just to expedite the process.
Your continued patience and support is appreciated – it is what got us here. This industry best contract will prove that the time it has taken was worth it!

I'm trying to figure out how this covers "many areas?"

DFW Gen, What I would like to know is, How can they AIP to a contract when there is still sooooo much of the important language still unwritten.
Doesn't most of what they have told us go into effect DOS? Implemental schedule

Just seems like a STALL Tactic to me. And like many have asked here or talked about how is the voting for/against this TA going to Happen.
VIA Ballot Point or walk in like the IAM in one day.

Since most of it (The T/A) is done why hasn't the Association told us what we had to give up? They put out the T/As Highlites, Stuff most to hear but what are we going to find when we see the whole version? Just what was bargained For?

Which Attorney's are they talking about the TWU's, IAM's, Association, ? Are we sure they are talking about protecting our $$$$ or theirs?

Last edited:
Reactions: swamt
DFW Gen, What I would like to know is, How can they AIP to a contract when there is still sooooo much of the important language still unwritten.
Doesn't most of what they have told us go into effect DOS? Implemental schedule

Just seems like a STALL Tactic to me. And like many have asked here or talked about how is the voting for/against this TA going to Happen.
VIA Ballot Point or walk in like the IAM in one day.

Since most of it (The T/A) is done why hasn't the Association told us what we had to give up? They put out the T/As Highlites, Stuff most to hear but what are we going to find when we see the whole version? Just what was bargained For?

Which Attorney's are they talking about the TWU's, IAM's, Association, ? Are we sure they are talking about protecting our $$$$ or theirs?
What gets me is they told us it took so long (4 years) because they were blending two contracts.
I have heard its mostly the iam contract if thats the case what have they been doing for the last 4 years? Shouldnt this be down to dotting the i's and crossing t's on the last remaining items.
I guess it remains to be seen.
All i can say is that i was able to get 51 cards out of 54 mechanics to sign cards.