AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

2 to 3 weeks they going to have a drug or drug cocktail that could lessen the severity and shorten the duration
If that comes to fruition and the media starts talking about it in a positive way then yes that could help and I’m hopeful we will see some good results
It’s just how long will this recovery take?
80 to 90 percent less capacity in May is major
By late September when decisions have to be made I suspect we will be only back to about 60 percent of our total flying before this all started
If nothing else happens it will take at least next spring before we are even close to flying the same amount we were.
This is going to take a while I hate to say it

UAL said the bailout wont be able prevent mass layoffs in an online article
Yes the article says they are good for now with the stimulus that passed but thereafter not so much and I suspect AA is in the same position
If there are folks out there that can leave in the next few months now is the time because come late summer and into September the layoffs in this industry will be massive.
Not only that if there is no NFL or college football in the fall this economy is going to be deep into a recession by early next year

The results of the vote is only a percentage that it passed. It doesn't tell you how many voted. How many voted yes and no. How many eligible voters were allowed to vote. Those numbers are just as important as the results released. Will we see those numbers? Good question. Many ask that they want to see a breakdown by stations and total counts I mentioned. Anyone can say a vote passed by 90%. So if 10 vote and one says no that's your 90% passing. In my opinion it passed as I expected. So it's time to move on.

1AA; I have asked the same question and just this afternoon I used the same 10 & 1 example.

We the membership should ask GP to have Ballotpoint provide them the totals at each station as well as the total percentage. Then we will know if one station or another carried the vote and what stations didn't vote. We paid with our dues to have ballot point to do this, we should have the right to all the information as well.

The last time MIA, had a VERY POOR turnout to vote over 170 had no say? At that time the union officers put out a video to vote NO but there was Zero follow thru by them ot the stewards after that to insure people voted. And Today myself and others commented that we did not see one of the union officers on the floor. They come around at election time to insure people vote. Big statement with that don't you think?

You are correct but don't you think we have a right to know what stations have true union members here at AA since most have been disconnected from the TWU for yrs.
I would be interested in those numbers as well, but any analysis this time around will always have an asterisk next to it because of COVID-19.

Last edited:
You are correct but don't you think we have a right to know what stations have true union members here at AA since most have been disconnected from the TWU for yrs.
With the high percentage of yes voters does this decrease you chance for union.change

With the high percentage of yes voters does this decrease you chance for union.change

ALUS78; I don't think so since we have reached our goal AMFA Natl. set for us by them for them to get fully involved. Many here at AA have said they would sign after the T/A was voted in. They were scared that a restart of negotiations would happen if we got enough cards before the vote. We will know here in a few weeks if that was the case. If cards continue to come in then we should reach our goal to replace the Association.

1AA; I have asked the same question and just this afternoon I used the same 10 & 1 example.

We the membership should ask GP to have Ballotpoint provide them the totals at each station as well as the total percentage. Then we will know if one station or another carried the vote and what stations didn't vote. We paid with our dues to have ballot point to do this, we should have the right to all the information as well.

The last time MIA, had a VERY POOR turnout to vote over 170 had no say? At that time the union officers put out a video to vote NO but there was Zero follow thru by them ot the stewards after that to insure people voted. And Today myself and others commented that we did not see one of the union officers on the floor. They come around at election time to insure people vote. Big statement with that don't you think?
I'm sure BallotPoint has all the numbers and turned them over to the TWU, IAM and American airlines. Maybe not by station but by numbers who voted and title groups. The association can take the names of those that voted and look to see which station they belong too. I doubt we will ever see the breakdown. The association got the Yes vote they pushed for. Case closed. Now it's time to see if the guys who held back signing a card are true to their word or just looking for another lame, dumb A$$, childish excuse again.

I'm sure BallotPoint has all the numbers and turned them over to the TWU, IAM and American airlines. Maybe not by station but by numbers who voted and title groups. The association can take the names of those that voted and look to see which station they belong too. I doubt we will ever see the breakdown. The association got the Yes vote they pushed for. Case closed. Now it's time to see if the guys who held back signing a card are true to their word or just looking for another lame, dumb A$$, childish excuse again.

Nothing could be more true, we will know as the cards get sent into the PO Box.

A cut in hours is a cut in pay
YUP!! Sure is. That is the language for the airlines to get "AROUND" the restrictions within the aid package rules and regs. Is everyone getting this? Stock pile the cash folks, it's coming...

If that comes to fruition and the media starts talking about it in a positive way then yes that could help and I’m hopeful we will see some good results
It’s just how long will this recovery take?
80 to 90 percent less capacity in May is major
By late September when decisions have to be made I suspect we will be only back to about 60 percent of our total flying before this all started
If nothing else happens it will take at least next spring before we are even close to flying the same amount we were.
This is going to take a while I hate to say it
Yes it will take a while. Possibly longer than 9-11. Hope not, but?

Nah in a letter from oscar and scott to employees their will be no involuntary layoffs or paycuts thru september
AL, there have been a many articles as well as quotes ("from parker") himself that the aid package coming will not guarantee no layoffs. It may not be enough to save the layoffs. Dude, DO NOT believe any letter you get NOW promising no layoffs in the future. Oscar and Scott knows more than they are leading on. Prepare yourself and your family for the worse.