AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Good video... congrats to Dale for keeping his membership informed.. something should be done about timeclock lines,, the freaking representative. (That means you peterson , garcia, schible) should fckin lean in on this shite.

We got what we wanted so it's time to stop complaining and move forward.

To say we got what we wanted is quite a reach. I wanted parity with LUS regarding health insurance costs. Instead I got poison pills. How ironic!

Let us definitely "move forward" with the card drive.

IMHO, September 30 will be doomsday for a lot of us. Oscar and Scott said in no certain terms that we will be smaller when the dust clears. How bad things will be is due to how fast the virus decreases, and some sort of normalcy happens. And how long that the upcoming recession lasts. That makes people hold on to their funds and cuts down on discretionary spending. We’ve never seen anything like this where the economy as a whole is shut down. How the country recovers will pretty much determine our fate.

As soon as the announcement of the package was signed, we got notice that partimers who have 30 hour lines will be reduced to 20 hours. And I have a funny feeling that us full timers will be reduced in some sort of way as well. In other words: you will have your job till Sept. 30, BUT your hours will be reduced in some form. Also I’m pretty sure that some sort of paycut (ie: reduction of hours) will happen very soon. Leaves of Absence; unpaid time off days / weeks won’t be enough to avoid paycuts if we are at 20 percent load factors. This is so much more worse than 9/11. At least people came back and we were flying with passengers. 10 passengers on a 739 won’t cut it, and they are saying that April and May will be worse. The will have to be subsequent stimulus packages to handle the upcoming recession, and if business and international travel will resume to near normal levels.

I’m hoping things will work out. But I think that we won’t have 90,000 employees after this.

Any plan yet to move some line mx folks to hangars, or will this shake out during a RIF?

I could see carriers keeping some sort of trunk network(s) open for Mail/freight and shuttling health care workers where needed while shutting the rest down for 14-30 days. Pay us all to stay home, hit the reset after that, and ramp back up to whatever the new normal is.

I thought a Stage 3 CRAF plus some capacity purchase agreement from .gov to carriers was a good way to go.

That's what I'm thinking. Parker is the BK King of commercial aviation.
If they did the bankruptcy route they would probably lose control of the company. After Parker bought all that stock back instead of paying down debt I think the creditors would want him out for sure. Parker is in a bad way with this and that's probably why they want a debt expert to help.

To pass on the aid after advocating for it would show them to be the thieves that they are and that they don’t give a damn about those who work here.
Any fool would figure out the only reason not to take it is to file BK and get rid of as many of us they can and cut our wages
Screw Parker and his band of thieves