AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

They may as well have let Garcia sit outside the room. Put someone with the balls to stand up for the membership. You can't have 2 standards for one work group. I thought the TWU was a union.I don't know what they are now. What terrible leadership.

yeah, he did great for stores. 7.4% raise on DOS, $6k signing bonus and 'easy hours'. if it cost fleet 3% to get delta's profit sharing formula, imagine their DOS raise if we stayed with 5% of pre-tax for profit sharing.

30 years ago united guys laughed at aa's terminology of 'penalty hour' and aa guys laughed at 'easy hour' in the ual contract.

we know who wrote the script for this much awaited contract. it's called 'easy hour' at the new aa now.

i agree with you, all the way around. parker with a chance to address these abnormalities...decides to keep abnormalities and caved in on catering and lus insurance.

that's why wall street wants him out. no leadership, no decisive decisions to steer the company. all status quo.

as far as the assoc., yeah, the twu is the junior partner.

Four years of frustration for this? Wasn’t healthcare a reason for the impasse? The “me-too” clause is b.s. as it’s cleverly written to exclude the IAM medical plan. As I predicted, we got a TA a month after Congress axed the cadillac tax. I thought we’d all get a cadillac healthcare plan. Instead, we got a b-scale.
More like 5 years by the time the vote is over. Your at 4.8 years now and even longer at 6 years plus since the merger. What's another year to hold out for an ILC?

Vote no and expect what?
Moving money around and then waiting months and months for something that won’t be an improvement
Good luck with that but hey everyone must do what they think is best.
I for one am tired of loosing 1000s
If you had a real union representing you I would say hold out for a better offer. Not so confident with this asso. at all. Hopefully they won't be around much longer.

They may as well have let Garcia sit outside the room. Put someone with the balls to stand up for the membership. You can't have 2 standards for one work group. I thought the TWU was a union.I don't know what they are now. What terrible leadership.

"I thought the TWU was a union."? Really?? Now that was funny. That fiasco TWU union is just called an asso. now, same ole **** though.

Did the room occupiers (the negotiators we actually voted for) give their thumbs up or down. We know the IAM negotiators and how they probably voted, but I wonder if our representation battled for us or stayed seated like Garcia apparently did.
Good question. I would like to know the same.

Did the room occupiers (the negotiators we actually voted for) give their thumbs up or down. We know the IAM negotiators and how they probably voted, but I wonder if our representation battled for us or stayed seated like Garcia apparently did.
I wonder if it mattered what they thought AANOTOK. How it took 4 years for this is a million dollar question. Now people have lost so much money I bet it passes since people have lost any belief the TWU could do any better. Let's hear what Samuelson has to say.

Another loudmouth sellout. Sito obviously out educated you or you are bought and paid for.
You are going to sign something your members are not even equal to the folks they work with.

upload_2020-1-31_13-31-6.png

Last edited:
yeah, he did great for stores. 7.4% raise on DOS, $6k signing bonus and 'easy hours'. if it cost fleet 3% to get delta's profit sharing formula, imagine their DOS raise if we stayed with 5% of pre-tax for profit sharing.

30 years ago united guys laughed at aa's terminology of 'penalty hour' and aa guys laughed at 'easy hour' in the ual contract.

we know who wrote the script for this much awaited contract. it's called 'easy hour' at the new aa now.

i agree with you, all the way around. parker with a chance to address these abnormalities...decides to keep abnormalities and caved in on catering and lus insurance.

that's why wall street wants him out. no leadership, no decisive decisions to steer the company. all status quo.

as far as the assoc., yeah, the twu is the junior partner.
Creme what are the yearly.increments for stores and maintenance?

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/american-airlines-employee-union-reach-tentative-bargaining-agreements/article_4e099753-4001-5df5-b41b-9d54dfb659e5.html?fbclid=IwAR1a9aXPptRjbQNG2_ZHzZGriwVsyUpTjTGYFFhThyeY3Af7AwoxIf54y6k

Below are the highlight reels (in my opinion) from the article.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

tentative bargaining agreements are valued at $4.2 billion and cover about 31,000 employees.

The two parties reached agreements on wages, benefits, work rules, job security and retirement income (IAM Pension?), according to a news release.

Doug Parker said in a prepared statement. “They deserve contracts that include meaningful improvements in pay, quality of life and job protections.”

The agreements, he said, will protect a lot of jobs in Tulsa. (all about that head count)

He indicated that the agreement may disappoint some members and that it included some concessions to the company.