About to be outsourced? NW cares!

PurduePete

Senior
Jun 15, 2006
Here is some interesting reading for those ground workers who will be losing their jobs soon due to outsourcing at NW...

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/20...ocal/119098.txt

Booklet upsets employees
By ZACHARY FRANZ
Bismarck Tribune

For some Northwest Airlines employees about to be outsourced, a handbook issued by the airline adds insult to injury.

The book, "Restructuring Q&A and Employee Support," has been given to some Northwest ground crews, and includes information on outsourcing and what options are available to employees.

A Bismarck Municipal Airport union steward found one part of the book galling.

That section offers advice on how to cope with job loss. A list of 101 money-saving ideas suggests they ask friends and family for hand-me-down clothes or ask a doctor for free samples of their prescription drugs. Idea No. 46 - "Don't be shy about pulling something you like out of the garbage." :shock:

Also included is an advertisment for a real estate agent, in case laid-off workers need to sell their homes, and tips on how to keep a positive attitude after losing a job.

"It's so patronizing," union steward Bryan Dalzell said. "It's just so pathetic. They would have been better off not saying anything than giving us this."

Jackie Diebel, another Northwest employee at Bismarck Municipal Airport, agrees.

"When I first read it on Friday, I was outraged,"she said. "I was just absolutely furious. I went home and cried."

The information to which Dalzell and Diebel referred came from an outside company, and wasn't intended to be insulting, Northwest spokesman Roman Blahoski said.

"In putting that book together, we were just trying to provide the employees with as much information as possible. Not everything in there is going to be applicable to every employee,"he said.

Who says that Northwest is an uncaring employer? :down: :down:

At least they gave you something you could burn when it gets cold at night. I would suggest the affected ramp workers leave them at the airport kiosks and send some in to the local media. Or you could just shove it down your managers throat :angry:

Here is some interesting reading for those ground workers who will be losing their jobs soon due to outsourcing at NW...

Booklet upsets employees
By ZACHARY FRANZ
Bismarck Tribune

For some Northwest Airlines employees about to be outsourced, a handbook issued by the airline adds insult to injury.

Idea No. 46 - "Don't be shy about pulling something you like out of the garbage." :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just spewed Bud Light thru my nostrils all over my keyboard...simply priceless.
I always knew dumpster divin was'nt just for Hobo's! :up:

Don't fret folks, as finny ole boy would say..."sometimes you have to think outside the box" and be "creative" :p

At least they gave you something you could burn when it gets cold at night. I would suggest the affected ramp workers leave them at the airport kiosks and send some in to the local media. Or you could just shove it down your managers throat :angry:
WEll just dont use it for your hiney cause that will make it even more sore than you could ever imagine! :p :p

How insensitive is this pamphlet? I'm telling you ALL coroprate department employees in NWA needs sensitivity training.
AND PRONTO !!!!!!! :eek:

I'm telling you ALL departments in NWA needs sensitivity training.

Amen!

In addition to job placement services, EAS, and other options available to affected employees, the original "plan" was to involve a website, wherein an employee could click on a link to one of the remaining cities and get some quick info, as well as the contact info for local employees.

Furthermore, each of the remaining stations was supposed to have a binder put together containing everything from where the time clock is located, to rental (or real estate) info, to city maps. Basically, one-stop shopping for someone moving into a new city. Not a bad idea, all things considered.

My guess is someone along the line decided that was either too much work, or too much $$$ and distributed this tripe instead.

How insensitive is this pamphlet? I'm telling you ALL coroprate department employees in NWA needs sensitivity training.
Insensitive is not a word known to NWA management, That has to be the most pathetic display of corporate insult to its employees to date.

Talk about rubbing someones nose in shite!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just spewed Bud Light thru my nostrils all over my keyboard...simply priceless.
I always knew dumpster divin was'nt just for Hobo's! :up:

Thanks to our "brothers" at Local 514 we've been doing that for years, looks like we are going to have some more competition!

I guess I shouldn't be suprised at something like this coming from ScabAir, but I almost can't believe that a company would slap their employees in the face like this.

Sensitivity training? Scab Air management? Surely you jest GC. :rolleyes: What Scab Air management needs is to be branded for destroying a once decent airline like Frank Lorenzo has. Never to "manage" an airline again. Dougie Stealin' and friends deserve as the best negative accolades they can possibly receive. :down: :angry:

A good friend of mine has an uncle with almost 35 years @ NWA and they are kicking him to the curb. UNBELIEVEABLE! This book does not sound helpful at all. It sounds like an unmotivator. just my thoughts.........

A good friend of mine has an uncle with almost 35 years @ NWA and they are kicking him to the curb. UNBELIEVEABLE! This book does not sound helpful at all. It sounds like an unmotivator. just my thoughts.........

Actually its quite believeable in todays environment of greed and fraud that has spread like cancer in the corporate world.

Perhaps those pamplets should find themselves into each and every seat back, let the customer hear from the horses mouth what SCABAIR really thinks about its employees!

NW is just going through the motions of attempting to
show it is concerned about the employees being thrown
to the street. They hand out a pamphlet with information
you can find almost anywhere. As Kev said no real info
for those wishing to bump into another city. Just
outsource most of the work and move on to another day.

NW is just going through the motions of attempting to
show it is concerned about the employees being thrown
to the street. They hand out a pamphlet with information
you can find almost anywhere. As Kev said no real info
for those wishing to bump into another city. Just
outsource most of the work and move on to another day.

You are correct. Northwest will go out of its way to demoralize its remaining workforce. They had their two top labor attorneys sit through a 3 hour umemploymnent hearing in my state to deny the 10 of us that bothered to file appeals. The money paid to those attorneys would have covered the claim.

Latest posts

Back