:angry: :angry: :angry:

Does this really suprise anyone? They announce the
outsourcing of thousands of jobs and then they outsource
what appears to be an attempt to "ease the transition"
for those losing their jobs. This is an example of
the type of quality product they can expect in the months
to come.

Sadly, I'm not/wasn't suprised at all.

Maybe NWA needs to get a surprise of their own?? Has anyone inadvertantly delivered a copy of that rubbish the employees rcvd to the press??? Something to consider IMHO.

Don't forget to have them ask Neil Cohen what he makes a year so he can say, "I don't know" just as he did to the judge, in the U-S Airways Bk procedings. What an A-HOLE :down:

NWA = Nitwits With Airplanes.

Good Luck to all except for you SCABS who can ESAD!!

Here is some interesting reading for those ground workers who will be losing their jobs soon due to outsourcing at NW...
Well I'm 100% sure that this is not going to win me any popularity points but being a SCAB, I have nothing to loose.

Ok I will admit that # 46 :blink: and the whole trash thing goes well beyond bad taste, I think that everyone seems to be focusing in on that one item. As I see it two things are being overlooked here, 1. the intention and 2. the writers. This is not something that has the NWA logo pasted all over it so I seriously doubt that this was written by anyone within the NWA ranks. The intended idea I'm sure had the best of intentions. However that does not in anyway justify #46 for NWA or any other company for that matter. As an employee I am both outraged and embarassed by this recent event However mistakes happen, and I'm pretty sure that this is one that will not happen twice.

All that being said, I feel that I must point out that you are all missing the fact that some of these are actually very good points. No one wants to hear that they have to sell their house, however if it will make things finacally easier, you should probably put a lot of thought into it. When hard times hit, people are often times more concerned with placing blame then they are dealing with the issues at hand. Playing the blame game is not going to change the issue at hand. Your no longer making what you used to, and thats a hard pill to swallow for anybody, myself included, and like it or not, some hard decisions and sacrifices are going to have to be made. Exculding # 46, I saw none of these that were bad idea's. Truth be told I really think that this whole issue revolves arond #46. Despite that the fact that this is happening, despite the fact that there is nothing that can be done to stop it, we are all, myself included, going to have to accept this and make the appropriate changes. I have lived the better part of my life on the side of the fence that many are now facing. From that persective the only thing I can assure you of is that a)its not going to be easy, b)you can get through this and c)sooner or latter, it will pass.

Many of you have wished ill will for myself and others like me. Were it not for my out look on the situation I believe that I would be able to tell you that you got your wish. I too am having to make hard choices, such as moving out of a house and into an apartment. I've sold many of my things just to keep above water at some points, and while these are not things that I am happy about, as always, I am doing what must be done to ensure my families prosperity. A small setback now will yield a much larger payoff later.

Regardless of who you are or what your situation may be, to anyone being laid off, or having to make changes, you have my sympathy and sincere best wishes. You can call me what you like, you can say what you like. But I have had to make choices much harder than what you can possibly immagine, I have been on the poor side of town, and regardless of my position on your personal views, I do not wish that way of life on anyone.

NWA = Nitwits With Airplanes.
Nitwits With Airplanes. Thats clever. How about this one,

AMFA: Aircraft Mechanics From Arizona!

Well I'm 100% sure that this is not going to win me any popularity points but being a SCAB, I have nothing to loose.

Ok I will admit that # 46 :blink: and the whole trash thing goes well beyond bad taste, I think that everyone seems to be focusing in on that one item. As I see it two things are being overlooked here, 1. the intention and 2. the writers. This is not something that has the NWA logo pasted all over it so I seriously doubt that this was written by anyone within the NWA ranks. The intended idea I'm sure had the best of intentions. However that does not in anyway justify #46 for NWA or any other company for that matter. As an employee I am both outraged and embarassed by this recent event However mistakes happen, and I'm pretty sure that this is one that will not happen twice.

It's irrelvant whether or not that someone at NWA wrote this. It's the fact that they put this out is what's irrelvant. And as the saying goes the road to hell is paved with "good intentions".

All that being said, I feel that I must point out that you are all missing the fact that some of these are actually very good points. No one wants to hear that they have to sell their house, however if it will make things finacally easier, you should probably put a lot of thought into it. When hard times hit, people are often times more concerned with placing blame then they are dealing with the issues at hand. Playing the blame game is not going to change the issue at hand. Your no longer making what you used to, and thats a hard pill to swallow for anybody, myself included, and like it or not, some hard decisions and sacrifices are going to have to be made. Exculding # 46, I saw none of these that were bad idea's. Truth be told I really think that this whole issue revolves arond #46. Despite that the fact that this is happening, despite the fact that there is nothing that can be done to stop it, we are all, myself included, going to have to accept this and make the appropriate changes. I have lived the better part of my life on the side of the fence that many are now facing. From that persective the only thing I can assure you of is that a)its not going to be easy, b)you can get through this and c)sooner or latter, it will pass.

And you seem to be missing the point that most of these "ideas" are either basic common sense, make no snese what so ever or just plain insulting. Common sense would tell you to cut back on your expenses if you lose your job. Number fifty three makes no sense since it tells you to bicycle to work. You just lost your job so biycling to work really isn't much of an issue. Same goes for number fifty seven. That one tells you to negotiate the sales price and closing costs when buying a home. Well folks most lending institutions are not going to give you a home loan if you are unemployed. Then of course there are the insulting ones like number 46 and 21. What probably makes them especially insulting is when you hear the compensation package Dougie boy gets.

You seem to think that this revolves around #46. In the begining that's what people focused on. However when people read the whole thing and the context on which it was put out that just riled people up even more.

I'm sure this was not written by the "rank". But if it is being sent out by a company, you bet someone must have approved it.

I'm betting it was outsourced to Costa Rica and written there. Like much of Americian work. Now this would make more sense as there is a language barrier between them and U.S.. I'm sure the pamphlet would make perfect sense to the people of Costa Rica.

Many of you have wished ill will for myself and others like me. Were it not for my out look on the situation I believe that I would be able to tell you that you got your wish. I too am having to make hard choices, such as moving out of a house and into an apartment. I've sold many of my things just to keep above water at some points, and while these are not things that I am happy about, as always, I am doing what must be done to ensure my families prosperity. A small setback now will yield a much larger payoff later.

This seems to be a common theme among the "replacement workers". Time and again they say that their families come first. Or as you put it "my families prosperity". Oh really? It seems to me by taking a job at NWA you gambeled with your families "prosperity". Was it in your famlilies best interest to take a job with an airline that was obviously heading towards BK even before the strike? Or to take a position that for all you knew might have lasted only a month if the strike had ended? Seems to me that it was quite irresponsible to do so.

If you are having to sell your home and move into an apartment how is this ensuring you families "prosperity"? There's nothing "prosperous" about losing ones home. And how exactly are these "small" setbacks going to yield a large payoff later?

Regardless of who you are or what your situation may be, to anyone being laid off, or having to make changes, you have my sympathy and sincere best wishes. You can call me what you like, you can say what you like. But I have had to make choices much harder than what you can possibly immagine, I have been on the poor side of town, and regardless of my position on your personal views, I do not wish that way of life on anyone.

And what choices might that be? IMO having twenty years with a company and having to make the decison to go on stike and stay on strike is much harder choice. By the way, are you having to make tough "choices" because NWA is cutting your pay or are you losing your job as well?

being a SCAB, I have nothing to loose.

Could'nt have said it better!

The intended idea I'm sure had the best of intentions.

As an employee I am both outraged and embarassed by this recent event

the company meant well, but your incensed? sounds like circular logic to me SCABBY!

Your no longer making what you used to, and thats a hard pill to swallow for anybody, myself included, and like it or not, some hard decisions and sacrifices are going to have to be made.

So are you saying you took a pay cut in order to become a SCAB at a bankrupt airline? :lol:

I have lived the better part of my life on the side of the fence that many are now facing.

Wrong SCABBY you've never walked a picket line, much less honored one so quit with your disingenious lip service!

I too am having to make hard choices, such as moving out of a house and into an apartment. I've sold many of my things just to keep above water at some points, and while these are not things that I am happy about, as always, I am doing what must be done to ensure my families prosperity.

You would'nt by any chance share DNA with PTO/KTO would you?

Let me see if im getting the jest of this, you've lost your house, had to pawn your belongings, quit a higher paying job in order SCAB at NORTHWORST to ensure your families prosperity? :huh:

But I have had to make dumbarse choices much harder than what you can possibly immagine

Thought I would insert that tidbit since you failed to. :shock:

Latest posts

Back