Added SFO-LAX Flights

Good luck. Maybe Delta will have better luck than F9
Last few times I flew the route, the planes were full. I flown UA they were full and so was AA. Hard to believe F9 can't make a go of it, but also a short flight for them to shine. DL is going to have a hard time with RJ's vs M/L. Does AS also fly this route? And WN going to SFO in the fall.
Good Luck!

DL is going to have a hard time with RJ's vs M/L.

While RJs are have higher cost seats they are useful where you cannot fill mainline. The word on F9 is that the airbus is too big and goes out at barely 40% full except for peak. Which is perfect for a crj. However rumor is that Frontier might put the new embraer jets on the SFO-LAX. which could pressure Delta.

What did Delta have on the route back in the 80s/90s when they ran it mainline?

While RJs are have higher cost seats they are useful where you cannot fill mainline. The word on F9 is that the airbus is too big and goes out at barely 40% full except for peak. Which is perfect for a crj. However rumor is that Frontier might put the new embraer jets on the SFO-LAX. which could pressure Delta.

What did Delta have on the route back in the 80s/90s when they ran it mainline?
If a customer has a choice between an RJ or Mainline, you actually believe they will take an RJ? And for connections, where can you go on DL from LAX that you can't from SFO?

If a customer has a choice between an RJ or Mainline, you actually believe they will take an RJ? And for connections, where can you go on DL from LAX that you can't from SFO?

Several DL RJ destinations in Mexico, IIRC. Yuck.

Choice between mainline and RJ - mainline will likely win. AA still flies seven daily mainline jets LAX-SFO, and they're usually pretty full. Add the AA codeshares on Alaska mainline jets, and I don't see DL picking up much O&D on this route.

Several DL RJ destinations in Mexico, IIRC. Yuck.

Choice between mainline and RJ - mainline will likely win. AA still flies seven daily mainline jets LAX-SFO, and they're usually pretty full. Add the AA codeshares on Alaska mainline jets, and I don't see DL picking up much O&D on this route.
But Alaska has alot of Mexico service out of SFO, except TJ. UA has a bunch too. Plus Southwest from OAK and SJC. And WN restarts SFO in the Fall and I bet LAX will be one of the routes.

But Alaska has alot of Mexico service out of SFO, except TJ. UA has a bunch too. Plus Southwest from OAK and SJC. And WN restarts SFO in the Fall and I bet LAX will be one of the routes.
DL serves several mexican cities from LAX that UA,AS,MX,AM do not serve. As for WN starting SFO-LAX this will come at the cost of reducing frequencies elsewhere since they have the same amount of gates.

Back