AFA Files for VOTE!

Association of Flight Attendants moves for vote on union representation at NWA/Delta
By John Welbes
[email protected]
Updated: 07/27/2009 02:55:05 PM CDT

The Association of Flight Attendants started a process today that will trigger a vote on union representation at Northwest Airlines and Delta Air Lines in coming weeks.

The union that represents Northwest Airlines' flight attendants today asked the National Mediation Board to rule that the two airlines have created a single transportation system. That declaration will require the NMB to hold an election, which will likely take place this fall.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_12923754

Oughta be an interesting next several weeks...

This should make the apologists come out of the wood work in full force...

What's the over/under on how long it takes for F/A's to start getting their mailboxes filled with DVD's & glossy mailers? Where's Sharon Wibben when you need her? :rolleyes:

By the way, for those that are wondering (or care) when the IAM will call for an election, the NMB has stated that they will not hold 2 "big" elections at the same time. Since the AFA filed first, the IAM can go only after that election is resolved.

Actually its the AFA that has been sending their propaganda to the house the
last several months. I am sure my mailbox will be full from both sides
in the next few weeks.

I'm sure it will too...

Not for nothing, but mine's currently running almost 50/50 between the IAM & DL.
and I think its all silly and a waste of time and money! (I really do!)

no amount of literature is going to change my mind either way

and

yes.. even though I understand some feel its necessary to get their point across that way.. I dont need to be convinced by a flyer or pamphlet!

because I base my opinion on actions and what I have seen accomplished.. while observing how those respect someone's contribution to the entire operation over many years of loyal service!

(and promises carried through and who did what, where, when and why in the past!)

yes I have been paying attention...

Oughta be an interesting next several weeks...

This should make the apologists come out of the wood work in full force...

What's the over/under on how long it takes for F/A's to start getting their mailboxes filled with DVD's & glossy mailers? Where's Sharon Wibben when you need her? :rolleyes:

By the way, for those that are wondering (or care) when the IAM will call for an election, the NMB has stated that they will not hold 2 "big" elections at the same time. Since the AFA filed first, the IAM can go only after that election is resolved.
Did Sharon Wibben leave? I thought she was still here....just washed the white streak
out of her hair....

Actually its the AFA that has been sending their propaganda to the house the
last several months. I am sure my mailbox will be full from both sides
in the next few weeks.
and I will not be particularly pleased.. if I receive any future union or company propaganda in the near future over this particular situation.

why?

because this election is not about convincing someone else of their way..its about determining simply how the majority wishes to proceed due to a merger.

any unnecessary spending at a time when furloughs are being considered in my opinion should not be in a decision making role from either side.

they both need to stop wasting money!

stop it.

That is just my two cents on that!

I'm sure it will too...

Not for nothing, but mine's currently running almost 50/50 between the IAM & DL.

Really? I have to ask. How much of the IAM mail is pro-union/anti-Delta and how much of the Delta mail is anti-union or actual legitimate company business which they have to communicate to you? I have recieved nothing from Delta that has said anything about resisting union representation. Please be truthful and don't sensationalize as management types would do and as I have seen you do.

Really? I have to ask. How much of the IAM mail is pro-union/anti-Delta and how much of the Delta mail is anti-union or actual legitimate company business which they have to communicate to you? I have recieved nothing from Delta that has said anything about resisting union representation. Please be truthful and don't sensationalize as management types would do and as I have seen you do.
With your mindset, and DAL legal producing the advertising, it is all actual company business which they have to communicate to you... :up:

Your words.

Why would you?

There is no union for maintenance at the combined carrier.

and I will not be particularly pleased.. if I receive any future union or company propaganda in the near future over this particular situation.

why?

because this election is not about convincing someone else of their way..its about determining simply how the majority wishes to proceed due to a merger.

any unnecessary spending at a time when furloughs are being considered in my opinion should not be in a decision making role from either side.

they both need to stop wasting money!

stop it.

That is just my two cents on that!

Just like Delta got getting fined recently for overbooking and improper documentation on some of the aircrafts. Millions sent to the FAA on that improper document deal. I agree with you with wasting money, but for now we are non-union and Delta is using our money to pour into anti-union campaigning. Check out the lobby money Delta dished out last year when we reported a year-end lost.

http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum...=Delta+Airlines

You AMT's will NEVER get a Union :glare: Plus Delta is not worrying about you guys

Back