AFA labor discussion (Work related)

The perception on the West is that Mike Flores is actually more informative to his members than our MEC. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, but it's also filled with weeds.

There has been some information shared to the west FA's, these are things that have already been negotiated, but are subject to change based on future hiccups in the process.

From what we have heard on the west, there really have been no concessions on in this agreement so far, in fact it appears that east is gaining a few benefits that the west has, and west is taking concessions, which west will not allow either.

For example:

West gets paid for cancelled flights, a-sectioned flights, any things that changes pay protects you. Not in the new TA, they are trying to tell the west that we would go to the "east way" of doing this. West does not like this at all.

West is losing the ability to have real time changes to schedules, instead we go the east way of the achaic, "wait for scheduling to call"....please! West would probably be ok with a seniority driven system, but not in manual process that east now uses.

Rumor has it the new system will be CATCREW which the west views as a big step backwards in time and technology. Even though west system has it's problems, it is point and click, window type technology, not DOS based ancient way.

West is being asked to think about the retirement policy for FA's that east has with traveling. West isn't keen to the idea of sa3p while retired, but again...east does it and has it.

West has had a meeting with members and will have more in the weeks coming, these are meant to inform the group, but it has it's risks too. I have not been to one yet, so im' just passing on things that have been galley chatted.

I don't know where people think Mike Flores is selling out the FA's, he seems to be standing firm on what east has and won't give in, except splitting from the pilots in the best interest of moving on.

I agree with most of your points..My partner works for DL and since they got PB he Never Ever Speaks to a Real person! Get rid of CatCrew!!
But then again..the F/A's here on the East would say " Oh No..Don't get rid of Catcrew!! We Love talking to a real person so we can change our trips everyday!! What would we do without them? Yeah...These are the same people that want to stay Attached to the pilots schedules!!

Sorry, I am a reserve and if this is voted in I will wear the tire tracks of this swoosh bus for years to come. Flores and Carol should be ashamed of themselves for bringing this trash to us.
Question..What Exactly do you want? Just curious..You do know that we will NOT get Exactally what we want right? We will NEVER get back All that we gave up...You do know that right?

Sorry, I am a reserve and if this is voted in I will wear the tire tracks of this swoosh bus for years to come. Flores and Carol should be ashamed of themselves for bringing this trash to us.

I am sorry if I made it sound like I sanction the reserve section because I do not. It appears from what I understand (which I admit is little) that this is actually a big step backwards in most regards. Remember you are the minority (reserves) and Mr. Flores is working that to his advantage. It does indeed sound shameful at the very least!

This is going to be interesting to watch. Will Mr. Flores indeed be recalled? Will his sidekick Carol be forced to dust of her uniform? If so, will it be too late to matter? Seems this is why things have been kept so close to the vest. Was not to keep the company at bay after all. It was to keep you meddling kids from spoiling his plans to rule the galaxy. Stay tuned!

Was not to keep the company at bay after all. It was to keep you meddling kids from spoiling his plans to rule the galaxy. Stay tuned!

I agree! At UAL, AFA posts almost weekly its updates on the progress of their negotiations (or at least they were until the darn meger got in the way ;-))) But its members are well-informed on the progress (or even lack thereof) of its negotiations.

Everything MF and Co says is a untruth. Hopefully something will be done.

ps. I somehow have been removed from the AFA mailing list and when I tried to sign on to receive them again it showed an error message .........Hmmmmmm

I agree! At UAL, AFA posts almost weekly its updates on the progress of their negotiations (or at least they were until the darn meger got in the way ;-))) But its members are well-informed on the progress (or even lack thereof) of its negotiations.

ps. I somehow have been removed from the AFA mailing list and when I tried to sign on to receive them again it showed an error message .........Hmmmmmm

So your Saying ALL the E-Lines I have recieved are Lies? Really? WOW..So nice to know So many are in the Loop and the rest of us are just.........Well...
Thanks for setting us straight!!!

If you are still empolyed, which I assume you are, you have to call the union office. If at some point along the way the e-line got "kicked back" it will remove you from the list, but show you are already "enrolled".. Call the union office and Chuck Canaday (I think that is how you spell his name). will have to register you manually....

Question..What Exactly do you want? Just curious..You do know that we will NOT get Exactally what we want right? We will NEVER get back All that we gave up...You do know that right?

I have never claimed that I expected to get exactly what I wanted and nowhere have I stated that I expected to get back all that was given up. You do know that right?

GOD I am SO SICK AND TIRED of this tired, poor, pathetic, TAKE IT AND SHUT UP attitude. YES we know we won't get EXACTLY what we want. Does this justify your continuous NEGATIVE attitude and posts that attack other members who TRY, who actually GO TO MEETINGS, who are INVOLVED?

"We will NEVER get back All that we gave up... You do know that right?" Do you think we are a bunch of imbeciles? WE GET IT. Negotiations are give and take but AT THIS JUNCTURE, with our PROFITS SOARING, with the 3 GIVE BACKS we've already given, WE ARE DIGGING OUR HEELS IN AND SAYING NO WAY!!!!

Why can't you stop being such a negative force and HELP US?

I have never claimed that I expected to get exactly what I wanted and nowhere have I stated that I expected to get back all that was given up. You do know that right?

It's useless with some people.

Ok I have read the t/a and with much disappointment must admit that it's worse than I expected. I understand negotiating requires give and take but this is beyond horrible. They can take the WHOLE t/a and stick it where the sun don't shine. There is more muddy water there than in a swamp. The gray areas and wiggle room for scheduling/the company is through the roof. Of the few pieces that I thought could be "livable" the bad outweighs so heavily that I can't with sound mind vote yes for this. I want improvements and my seniority back but didn't realize that I'd have to be beaten over the head with a club to achieve it. If the company is so adamant as Mike claims to NOT reinstate the "old" reserve system then he needs to make it clear to the company that employees have spoken and the answer is "WE WON'T SETTLE EITHER"! ! ! I cannot wait until the meeting on the 7th. It's clock cleaning time baby.

AFA US Airways MEC To better educate and inform our AFA US Airways members about the upcoming contract.

Now on facebook - check it out.

I too was very disappointed with the TA reserve section. Very restrictive. I don't like it at all.

What do you think about the way daily will be processing trips? Inverse seniority order?

And considering that the reserve bid sheet is always restricted regardless that there may be plenty of reserves available, you'll never get to choose your trips.

Thumbs Down

Oh and if you don't call in or leave an electronic list you'll be assigned a pairing when you are reached? Ummm they should pass that person up and go to the next person who WANTS a trip. I just don't understand how Mike and the JNC can bring this to not just reserves but ALL members with a straight face and say it's "GOOD". It's horrible and leaves reserves with less control than they currently do. It gives the reserve a false sense of "playing with your schedule" while in reality you are held closer to the company than now. Forget about getting released two days out as we do now in slow months, forget about commuting for the most part. Sure the language is changed to "a 2 hour call out" but with the open and closed groups, good luck sitting "at home". :rolleyes: For every B/H that thinks this won't or can't pertain to them you better think real hard about that. I can see this section taking up a lot of air time at the 7th meeting in PHL.

Latest posts

Back