US Pilots labor Discussion 12/4-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am being hopeful, but with the tone of the AOLers around here I don't give this pilot group much chance.
But for USAPA's tyranny of the majority, AOL would not be necessary. Your options will be LOA 93 for a couple of more years or a joint contract with the Nicolau. Either way, you're getting the arbitrated award within two to three years, max.

I am being hopeful, but with the tone of the AOLers around here I don't give this pilot group much chance. Time to build tall fences around CLT, PHL and DCA. Let them try and grab our attrition! They can come and pry it out of my cold dead hands!!!

I'm with you!

Interesting, me thinks someone has multiple screen names since he is answering himself.

But for USAPA's tyranny of the majority, AOL would not be necessary. Your options will be LOA 93 for a couple of more years or a joint contract with the Nicolau. Either way, you're getting the arbitrated award within two to three years, max.

SPARE ME! So far, 5 years have lapsed, your previous predictions obviously held true (not enough cards, etc. etc.) two to three years MAX??? Keep the lawsuit of diminishing returns coming.

This I will GUARANTEE YOU: if any sort of incident OR accident comes about because of this labor strife in the near future, the FAA will pull our certificate like a tablecloth off the dinner table...only the dinnerware will all get shattererd and the spoils will be cleaned up by the competition! Read the latest BC & A magazine article about TAG US and see how the FAA destroyed them!

See the Northwest pilots for the answer....only, oh I forgot, NO UNION TO REPRESENT US!

I underestimated the gullibility of the East. Enough of them bought off on the snake-oil salesman's pitch believing he'd get them a contract quickly. What was the promise? Three months? Something tells me though that a number of your captains are tired of the BS. They've sacrificed well over a hundred grand in pay for your crusade and now you expect them to hold out at LOA 93 wages just so you can get what you THINK you deserve. We're all tired of the BS coming from your gang. You had your chance and you blew it badly. Now you're going to get the Nic and it'll be coming sooner than you think.

They can come and pry it out of my cold dead hands!!!

That line probably got better play when you used it in front of Prater at your east tizzy fit meeting.

I have to say one thing about Prater, as much as I slam the guy, he stood up there, held his ground, and told you that you were not getting out of the Nic. Gotta admire that he at least understand why "Integrity Matters".

All of the top pilot management is east.
All of the flight additions are east.
All of the experience is east.
All of the pilot majority is east.

Who do you think has more influence on Tempe?

USAPA was your union, both east and west. The west chose to fight it and if USAPA folds, it will be your responsibility. WIth jungle rules, the east has the influence of upper management. Who do you think will come out of this better. Have fun working for Republic. Keep it safe!

Just something to think about,
The smell of desperation is thick in here. When this merger was first announced all we heard about was how the east was strong ALPA supporters and that you all were on first name basis with all of the leadership. When that did not work out everything was ALPA’s fault and the east was going to reinvent the union wheel.

Now there are threats that USAPA will (the east pilots) dump the union to once again get out of a court order action.

Gentlemen, that threat does not concern the west. We have been non union before there are many here that worked without a union here at AWA. Not a big deal but it appears to be a scary prospect for the east. BTW Stevie B did not have a Plan B so dumping the union was not it.

It is possible to have a pilot group without a union. Jet Blue just got a pretty good contract without a union. They did not take what they were given they negotiated.

Obviously the people pushing this forward are not real deep thinkers. Let’s try something, I will list some of the bad thing that would happen if we lost the union and you all decide which side would lose more.

With no union there is no one to collect the assessment so the PBGC law suit collapses. With no union the RICO law suit gets dropped. With no union there is no one to continue the grievances.

The LOA 95 snap back gets dropped, no pay raise.
The silly letter Cleary just sent Parker about the 190 sale gets dropped.
95-98% of all pending grievances go away.
There is no one to send the $35 million payment to so the company just holds it until someone sues (on their own dime)
We continue to work under the same contracts we have now. (Enjoy LOA 95 and the pay rate)

The federal injunction to use Nicolau is still in place. So any individual or group or the next union will be bound to use that seniority list for any new contract. The company is also bound by the injunction so any thoughts of getting out of it you can set aside.

As far as which side management might side with. Would it be the side that has created this mess? Would it be the side that has delayed the completion of the merger because of a sense of entitlement? Would it be the pilots that took the ad out to embarrass the company? Would it be the side that refused to allow those same managers to even join the union? Would it be the side that sends in the grievance committee and demands instead of negotiates? Or would it be the side that has worked with Parker and Kirby for the last 8 years.

That whole "majority" thing the company could care less. If as you say the company imposes things they will impose things and if you don't like it find somewhere else to cry. Remember no one to protect you. Fired at will for not complying.

Your call guys. I can live without a union. How about you?

EDIT: If there is a merger who does the next integration? I think the west guys could work something acceptable with the next partner quicker and better then the pilots that can not be trusted with a deal. The same group of pilots that killed two unions to avoid a merger deal. Enjoy the bottom of that list. If you really think the Nicolau goes away.

I know that you think there's a difference. That doesn't make it so, only makes it your opinion.

There is one difference - that I'll agree with. Binding arbitration is claimed to be meaningless when USAPA doesn't get it's way, but absolutely binding when the result is what USAPA wants.

Jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually one is "Contractual", and to quote mr kirby, when questioned about honoring fee for departure contracts "we have a contract".

The other is an "Opinion" rendered by an arbitrator, in other words, He pulled it out of his Arse....

In my opinion two quite different things.......(and yes my opinion came from the same orifice of my body!)

The other is an "Opinion" rendered by an arbitrator, in other words, He pulled it out of his Arse....
None of the folks in the legal system understand binding arbitration to be a mere "opinion." Instead of forefeiting a hundred grand in pay and then some, you should have thought this through.

So when MY LLC sues the company and YOUR LLC sues the company...what do you think they'll do? The same thing they did in Barnett...ask the SCOTUS. Forget "final and binding", forget "you agreed", forget all that. Good for the goose, good for the gander....US Airways non-union workers...D-O-H.!!!

I was there at the beginning of USAPA. I have known pilots from all walks. Want to see what happens when this kind of warfare occurs??? The last job action like this occurred at PHI helicopters in the gulf of mexico. If any of you guys know any of the pilots there why they DON'T have a union know ask them. It took roughly 10-15% to break the strike. In short, the company won and now they are AT WILL!

You get what you're given...that includes SENIORITY! Precedent says D-O-H!

Personally, I think airline pilots NEED a wakeup call and maybe US Airways pilots don't deserve a union. That's the conclusion I'm coming to.

I have 24 years and 18,000+ hours. 3,500 other east pilots have the same. I'll fly YOUR airbus as Captain for less than you. How does that grap you. Sue me? Hah!! I'm ready to compete...are you? I can tell you every INDIVIDUAL East pilot will compete with you now.

West....thanks for driving the profession to the bottom!

Job action? Try that without a union see how long anyone lasts? Let us know how that works out. Tick tock the usapa clock is winding down. Anyone brave enough to do anything? No? Just another lame and hollow threat from the east.

It is really hard trying to keep up here. First the company can do what they want then they will follow precedent, what is it? The company has said in court that they have accepted the Nicolau list for seniorty. They are under a court injunction. What do you think they use? My guess they will not run afoul of the law.

There was some talk of crossing a picket line this week. The east got wound up and complained about someone that take someones job and do it for less money. They had a name for that.

So what does that make a pilot that says they will do that here?
I'll fly YOUR airbus as Captain for less than you.
You already do. How much lower will you go?

Looks like we are getting a long way from being "GOOD UNION PILOTS" pretty quickly.

You blame the west for driving the profession to the bottom yet you just bragged about doing my job for less. Dude, WHAT?

The comapny will be free to do what they want with us, but I bet they will appeal to the majority over all issues. When we get the snapback we (east) will have a major ace in our sleeve to bargain with the company.
Wow. I've only heard rumors of people like you actually floating around out there, but now I've read it with my own eyes.

What does the west have?

East incompetence.

Did I mention all the things we in the east have to look forward to.

Lump sum payout Jan. 2, 2010 (first installment)

LOA 93/84 pay restoration

MDA law suit (they finally nailed PC going to his gate)

3 years from now we are back into our rightful earned attrition and all new hires will vote with the east for the quick upgrade to Captain.

The 9th decision.......who really cares they can never take our vote away

Happy New Year!

Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.